Political venting

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Artem256, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Artem256

Artem256 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Im such a little:evilgrin: lol adding to the confusion

2. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Feel better?

3. Artem256

Artem256 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    387934DA-6EA7-4038-9C6D-A6CAFC5C5C70.jpeg
    Not until I can pay off my laptop and afford that stunning white wolf penobscot bow :lmao2:Id have it in black and blue.

4. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    My opinion, in every way, mirrors that of dnoodles. Down to the fact that I used to believe differently and have changed my stance on this over time.

Saying that you'll never change your mind about a topic is foolish and closed-minded. While you may not be likely to change, our opinions should always be subject to change as we age, learn, experience life and generally see the world differently. If I still believed vehemently in everything I believed at 18 or 20 years old, I would be a much different person. Pretty sure we all would be.

One of my bigger issues about abortion legislation is how most pro-choice supporters seek to enact legislation based on theoretical situations that represent a very, VERY small percentage of real life abortions. We should never legislate based on the far ends of the spectrum, regardless of the topic. That, in itself, is a recipe for disaster. Creating abortion legislation based on "rape and incest" is the political equivalent of creating gun legislation based on mass shootings.

Whether you like Steven Crowder or not, I believe everyone should watch his "Change My Mind" segments about being Pro-Life. They're full of great information and a few laughs from time to time.

5. mikey custom-g

mikey custom-g Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

I’m with you 100% on everything but abortion. Why ? We are talking taking the LIFE of a living person, mostly that has a heartbeat.

Technology has moved this abortion “act” of Roe vs Wade to a flat out MURDER because the baby has a heartbeat.

How much of men are we or human beings to stifle the voice of the unable to speak ?

The more and more I consider abortion in 2019, the more concerned I get thinking society calls hunters , killers and abortionists , saviors.

This ain’t going so well. We just cannot turn into a savage society on account “we don’t want the result of our choice”. Every other choice in life we have consequences tied to it. Why does sex have a clean slate wipe out clause ?

Abortion was what it was back in the day. Today is a new world. Saturn doesn’t have 3 rings and there are planets further than Pluto. Abortion is being done on heartbeating fetus’. That is enough to sober this hunter, who society calls a killer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Artem256 likes this.
  6. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I’m far from close minded Justin. I have changed my mind a few times on the issue. I’m more open minded then I’ve ever been. I choose not to get in an argument over it on the internet. People feel very adamant on their stance, and rightfully so. I don’t expect to change someone’s beliefs, nor do I want to. I’m not a Jehovah’s Witness where I’m forcing something down your throat. It’s my opinion just as you have yours.

7. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Swampy dropped the mic.... Right into a Jehovah's Witness's face LMAO.

Swamp Stalker and mikey custom-g like this.
  8. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Those were your words early in this conversation. I simply felt they were a bit strong and it was a bit early into the conversation to dig your heels into the sand and declare that you're not moving.

Having a meaningful discussion about something doesn't necessarily mean you are arguing about it. That's part of our problem as a society these days. People can't seem to figure out how to have a discussion without it devolving into a shouting or name-calling match.

9. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I like to baffle ppl and tell them I'm Pro Choice, and I choose Pro Life

Artem256, ash d and mikey custom-g like this.
  10. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I've always found this interesting....

The nomenclature "Pro-Choice", by its very nature, is misleading and lends itself to support of abortion legislation. Of course, we all want to have a choice what we do with our lives and our bodies. The very thought of taking away someone's ability to make a choice seems repulsive and oppressive. What kind of society takes away people's choices?? Except, of course, when that person is unborn and unable to speak for themselves. Then they get no choice. Sorry, unborn babies. Better luck next time.

Christine and dnoodles like this.
  11. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have become more liberal on a abortion. At one time I was solidly anti abortion. I now realize that I cant compel someone to make that kind of decision for their own life and body.

What you know, or what I know, or dont know is irrelevant. Pragmatism wins out for me. Women been making that choice one way or another since the dawn of mankind and no law is going to change that.

mikey custom-g likes this.
  12. Swamp Stalker

Dislikes Received:
    Okay, I did say that early on. Mainly because I assumed it was going to be hard nosed arguement with people strong arming their points of views. I stand corrected.

So wait, lol, are you implying that I'm part of the problem with society? :sad:

13. Swamp Stalker

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

ash d, arrowflinger1 and Justin like this.
  14. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This conversation has only pushed me further into being pro-choice.

Germ likes this.
  15. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This it's the woman's body thing is such a cop out. If nature is left to it's course, that woman would give birth to a living breathing child. If that mother then chose to strangle that child moments after it left the womb, she would be charged and convicted of murder. Explain to me how there is a difference? Explain to me how, as a society we do not extend protection to the absolute most vulnerable?

We are held accountable for our choices in all other aspects of life. There are consequences for our actions, some of those consequences are inconvenient and hard, but many wonderful things have been born through those difficult struggles.

Artem256, dnoodles and dprsdhunter like this.
  16. janesburg

janesburg Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I was adopted and yet I’m pro choice. I’m also for the death penalty.

I guess I’m all over the map according to some people?

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

17. dprsdhunter

dprsdhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    But aren’t you glad you were not aborted ?
    And I’m not trying to be a smart ass
    Just asking

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

Artem256 likes this.
  18. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    accident being a euphemism for unintended...Mr. Literal.

but considering a woman can typically only conceive 6 days out of her 28 day cycle; any sex outside that predicted window which results in pregnancy would be so unlikely as to be "unforeseeable" and therefore an accident; by your definition.

Artem256 likes this.
  19. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Political aholes!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Artem256 likes this.
  20. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    You lost me at “having a meaningful discussion” in the political rant thread.

I liked your analogy about abortions and mass shootings. There certainly should be legislation in place for those very, VERY, rare instances. Just my opinion. Someone should not have to bear a child for 9 months after being raped. Just my opinion. Just like someone shouldn’t lose their life because of a mass shooter.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019