Political venting

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Artem256, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Artem256

Artem256 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I didn't see one, some in other threads mentioned creating one. So here’s the free for all politics venting thread. To help free up other threads.

Ill start by saying that it is disgusting how after a tragedy like a shooting, the liberals dont even wait for the bodies to get to room temperature before starting in on their constitutional infringements. All the while supporting the murder of unborn babies.

2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    700,000 last year and what is more preventable a mass shooting or pregnancy?

3. dprsdhunter

dprsdhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Shocker99, Justin, dnoodles and 2 others like this.
  4. Artem256

Artem256 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I laughed at this harder than I should have

5. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you for creating this thread.

The rant thread and every other thread in the water cooler is constant political back and forth between 4 or 5 people.

*insert beating horse to death .gif here*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

virginiashadow and Artem256 like this.
  6. Artem256

Artem256 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Most welcome! Heh I love a good political argument :evilgrin:

7. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I'm in the middle as far as politics go.

I'm not a republican because I support a woman's right to choose, (Who the F am I to tell a woman what she can and cannot do with her body? I know it's not the baby's fault, but it the baby is the result of rape or incest why should the woman have to suffer and be reminded every day of her life of the crimes committed against her? What if it were your daughter who was raped or your brother inlaw had sex with her? What if your wife was raped? You would love that child? Give me a break.)

I'm not a democrat because I support the 2nd amendment. (Guns don't kill people, people kill people. removing guns from society will not stop the mass killings.)

8. Ridgerunner3

Ridgerunner3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Most folks, I think, are middle of the road, me included. Common sense is seriously missing in all media platforms and has been replaced by passionate digging in on talking points. I can have a debate and see other points of view...but I have given up talking about politics seriously with strangers. I cant change minds or have have the motivation to waste time on it. That's why I dont engage on the rant thread for the most part. Damn folks need to work together and compromise in government. I bet something good would come of it, but I ain't holding my breath these days. I'm just trying to hold out to September 14th. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

9. Swamp Stalker

Dislikes Received:
    You are not changing my mind, and I'm not changing your mind.

10. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    For what it's worth, politics and those serving ain't what it should be.
    It's nothing more than a battlefield.
    As of now, I'll never vote D, but I do ( but damn near puke) when voting R.

moosebee and w33kender like this.
  11. Artem256

Artem256 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Except its not her body, its a living human, which is its own entity. No matter how it came to be. Allowing the child to be murdered is downright sick. Give me a break on justifying murder. The only exception id ever by a razor’s edge support such a barbaric practice is if the mother’s life is in danger of carrying out the pregancy, and that is only if all other methods are not possible.

12. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    What percentage of abortions performed are because of rape, or deformity? Good luck finding those numbers.

Artem256 likes this.
  13. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It's out there, can't remember but saw it other day. Pretty sure it was less than 10%

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Oldcarp and Artem256 like this.
  14. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm with you on the exceptions for rape and incest. Limiting abortions because they are too often used as a contraceptive is one thing but telling a woman who was raped that she has to carry a resulting baby is barbaric IMHO. No it wasn't the childs fault but pregnancy takes a toll on a woman and I think that circumstance should give the woman's choice priority over a short term fetus. Now if she waits until late term, I may have a different opinion, at that point she's pretty much given up the argument of avoiding the cost of carrying it to full term on her body and mind.

15. Swamp Stalker

Dislikes Received:
    I’m not for abortion as means of birth control, I’m for it in cases of rape and incest.
    Call it murder, call it whatever you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shocker99 likes this.
  16. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm pro very very very late term abortions... In fact there is a bunch of ppl I wish we could apply it to

w33kender and Swamp Stalker like this.
  17. dprsdhunter

dprsdhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    oldnotdead likes this.
  18. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    So make constraints through law where a set of prerequisite circumstances have to be met before the abortion can be carried out. Police report fully done with a medical assessment. That will weed out the vast majority of fence sitters, contraceptive seekers and false reports while assisting law enforcement. I don't see it as a very complicated issue except the hard liners just don't want to make any exceptions on either side. If a woman is impregnated through rape or incest then those prerequisites shouldn't be too hard to accept and fulfill.

I don't think there are any perfect solutions that will please everyone, it's a very sentimental issue on either side. My personal priorities are a baby's life takes precedent where a woman had a choice when she made herself accessible. When a woman has that choice removed and gets pregnant then I feel like some exception can be made.

Obviously I also support abortion as an option when a woman's health is at risk as well. We have some limited power of life over death. We have capitol punishment in most states and I supported people's right to choose assisted suicide in terminal cases back in the day. I would even be open to support abortion in cases of early detected birth defects.

I'll go so far as to say that I'd much prefer societal pressure against abortion than rule of law limiting it. What really disturbs me is that society as a whole accepts abortion to the point that we even have a need to debate the subject. I still recall a time not too long back when a single mother or a woman that had an abortion as a form of birth control was frowned upon by the public to the point that when it did happen, every attempt was made to keep it on the down low and avoided. As a whole, I dislike any laws limiting free choice, I agree some are needed but people have a tendency to try to control everything with a law or rule and before you know it life is too damn complicated to live.

19. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I love the plastic bags I love to save about 100 of them and release them on a windy day I call it a performance art movement I call it a 500 year sculpture because the greenies say a plastic bag lasts 500 years when disposed of in a landfill.

20. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I am anti abortion unless there was rape or physical danger to the mother, if we are going to have all the regular abortion let's just move the age limit to age 18 to pull some weeds. I know this is ludicrous but when I hear liberals protest the death penalty because the possibility that an innocent person will lose their life it makes me shake my head, I do not know a fetus that has committed a crime or done anything wrong but those innocent lives are lost.

Oldcarp, Artem256 and ash d like this.