Trespasser Busted By Hunter on Film: What Would You Have Done?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Bowhunting.com Staff, May 15, 2019.

1. Bowhunting.com Staff

Bowhunting.com Staff Administrator

Dislikes Received:
  2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I would not have been as nice, the guy was there for 1 reason to steal your stuff.

Okiebob likes this.
  3. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    In this day and age first thing I do is begin video, then ask for l licence and back tag and if the are trying to hunt it's another ticket if they refuse. After that if it's a trespasser I gather as much intell as I can before I start scaring them.

4. WillO

WillO Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Looks and sounds like Sugar bear from Honey Boo Boo. Guess things took a turn for the worse for him when the show got cancelled

Okiebob likes this.
  5. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That guy was nicer than I would and have been to trespassers. I always just insist that they meet the Sheriff and do what is necessary to hold them until he shows up. On a totally unrelated note; it has come to my attention that if you zip tie a trespassers hands behind their back you have effectively committed kidnapping, just fyi.

Sota likes this.
  6. kjstaudt86

kjstaudt86 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Fired a warning shot at him and tell him next time I wont miss :bow::lol:

7. dprsdhunter

dprsdhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I’d like to know how you handled the situation with the man working on your house ?

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

early in and Okiebob like this.
  8. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Been there way too many times. I don't understand the puffing up the chest before stepping in on me, when they see I'm a woman. One guy I tracked as my husband took down his plate number at the road. I had just come in from hunting when I saw his van so I was already geared up. He was hiding in the bushes when I told him to step out. Well he puffed up his skinny little chest stepped up on me and said " who the hell do you think you are!? " I reached out so fast and snatched up a fist of his jacket at his rt. shoulder pulling him in and around, it startled him. Cleaned up version, I told him I was the owner having him arrested as my husband takes his plate # and I have DEC on speed dial in my pocket. Shut the blank up while I get your tag # . Then the stories start, and I'm leaving said way. The hell you are. I made that a long long walk just chewing his ear off. Half way he asked to speak to my husband he may be more reasonable. I about flipped lets say he quickly found out how bad a mistake that was. 75.00 fine. I called the town hall every week until I got proof he paid the fine. They were not happy. But trespassing is a joke here.
    Twice I've had guns lowered on me , they got deflated as well. one guy took a shot at me in me 16 ft tree stand then ran away. 911 got a call on that after the slug whizzed by my left ear and hit a branch 2ft in front of me snapping back hitting me as I was ducking to my right. The slug ricochet down cutting a dogwood in half.Threatened and I offered them the first punch and they'd best hope they knock me out. Words gotten out so things are way better.

virginiashadow likes this.
  9. Longdraw

Longdraw Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Then you get a ride to the gray bar motel and loose your hunting/weapon privileges for a long time. That goof was probably taking your gear but if he’s 16, then you shot at a child. Just bark loudly at him and call the law.

10. WillO

WillO Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yes! Good point

11. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    You and I would get a long just fine.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

oldnotdead and CToutdoorsman like this.
  12. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Lol...it's my back ground, a crazy father and I managed 2 night clubs in the 70's