New Arrows

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by redpresto66, Apr 18, 2019.

1. redpresto66

redpresto66 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Picked up an SR6 in December. Love the bow. 60# 28 inch draw. Shoot it on comfort setting. Been using Gold Tip Hunter Pro 400’s forever. Great arrow but I’m bored. And the black shaft is tough to locate in the woods even with a lighted nock ( if it gets buried under some brush). Shoot deer and turkey at 40 yards or less. Looking for a shaft that shows blood easier but as similar to my GT as possible. Help? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. slickbilly-d

slickbilly-d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Gold Tip Hunter with a white wrap on the back?[​IMG]

3. Gregg Cobler

Gregg Cobler Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Uncle Ted's white gold tips with your choice of fletching colors.... like uncle Ted and even 4 fletch them...with blinking lighted nock....

Several black arrows like was mentioned with white or flo colored wraps and veins....

Options are whatever you think looks good with your rig.....

Take 3 of your old goldtips and work with them until you find what colors you like and just refletch them until you click with a scheme...

Sorry for getting wordy...
    It's your rig make the arrows yours too...

But .most important post pictures of what you land on... can't wait to see them

4. redpresto66

redpresto66 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    That white wrap would be very helpful! Sorry to be naive but is that just a wrap you put on or is the arrow purchased with the white color? I’d like to learn how to custom build my own arrows but I’m afraid I’ll screw something up and have arrows that fly crooked. Ha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Gregg Cobler

Gregg Cobler Newb

Dislikes Received:
    They make arrow wraps that go on shafts before the fletchings....then fletch the arrow....

Get the bitzenburger jig with the zenith upgrade and start doing it.... maybe start with refletching your old arrows..?? Not as much harm if things go astray....

Those wraps are made in many styles and colors...

Your not gonna start and do things perfect right away.... everyone has a learning g curve and there are lots of you tube videos to get you going....

Stick nm it out and give it some love....reloaded bullets with my father for 50 YEARS & and there ain't no better feeling than putting a dear down with a bullet you designed and it worked the way it should....

This is fun. Get in there and jump In the deep water Plenty of friends here to help as well

Always remember this is fun

6. slickbilly-d

slickbilly-d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My wife has a Silhouette Cameo 3 vinyl cutting cutting machine. I just made some 6”x1” rectangles and cut them out on matte white vinyl. But they sell them too.