Boonerville’s 2019-2020 Semi Live Hunting Thread

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by boonerville, Jan 28, 2019.

1. gunther89

gunther89 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It does seem like boonerville leases or has permission on what seems like a dozen or more places to hunt. How many does is he or his family taking off of all these properties. I'm willing to bet the majority of them, zero does are shot, thus making the population rise year after year.

boonerville likes this.
  2. boonerville

boonerville Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    And you would be incorrect in that assumption. Between myself and hunters on my farms we killed 37 does last year, to 5 bucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NEB Bucks likes this.
  3. 206moose

206moose Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    On how many acres?

fletch920 likes this.
  4. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Crickets....

He doesn't take a crap without putting it on social media, yet how many does did any of you see taken last year? The only one I remember was shot across the fence and then that clip quickly disappeared.

arrowflinger1, gauge and WETWOODLODGE like this.
  5. boonerville

Dislikes Received:
    1500ish? Not sure how that really matters. We were at better than a 7/1 ratio of does to bucks taken.

6. 206moose

206moose Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Are you serious “not really sure how that matters”. Study up on land management and get back to me. Your ratio of does to bucks taken has no bearing on what the carrying capacity of the land is.

arrowflinger1, gauge and fletch920 like this.
  7. boonerville

Dislikes Received:
    Wow. You know nothing about what I do with the land I hunt...clearly. Also I do not need or want your approval for what I do or why I do it. Have a nice day.

8. 206moose

206moose Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Poor attempt at deflecting. You are against the proposed gun season and it was pointed out that overpopulation was a contributing factor. It would seem that you are contributing to over population since you don’t understand land management. Anyone that disagrees with you gets put on ignore. Childish tactic at best. Perhaps you should learn how to debate.

9. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    Including trespassing, right? You tell 'em Booner!

IF you killed 37 does off 1500 plus acres, you are part of the problem. The only place in the state with numbers low enough to call that a sustainable kill would be northern Iowa where there is no cover. In your area, that is very low. In fact, only two counties in NE Iowa had more bonus doe tags available than Madison County. That tells me you are in a hotspot for overpopulation. Unless 1300 plus of that is open pasture and crop ground. You sound like you certainly fit the mold of most of the folks that have moved here and locked up a bunch of ground with one concern, killing big bucks and becoming "famous" for it. You are trying to reinvent the wheel in an industry that is creating it's own demise. So glad I was able to enjoy the tremendous deer hunting of the 80's, 90's, and 00's. Because its down hill from here. With CWD on our doorstep, the good old days are certainly behind us. At least without paying through the nose. There will always be pockets of decent deer, but the numbers of mature bucks is a small fraction of what it used to be. Thanks largely to those seeking notoriety for killing them and making it a competition.

10. gauge

gauge Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    And you clearly don't elaborate unless it fits your agenda.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

11. pastorbigdan

pastorbigdan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm confused, I didn't read anywhere on here that he has a obligation to you or anyone else. You ride him like a mule, bust his chops, then expect him to share his life story w/ you?? I like to follow the thread for enjoyment and to learn something that may increase my hunting experience. Problem is all this whining makes me shake my head as to the type of humans that exist these days. "If I'm not happy, I'll make sure everyone else is miserable with me." I feel sorry for you if the most exciting event in your life is trying to ruin other guys day. Goodness.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

sheddinva, NEB Bucks, CSHIRK and 2 others like this.
  12. 206moose

206moose Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I’ve only asked for a debate on the subject. This country has gotten to a point that if you disagree with someone you’re harassing them. If you’re going to post your opinion on a public forum you better be prepared to defend your opinion. There have been lots of legitimate questions asked and they are simply ignored. Perhaps he should stick with some of the other social media platforms that allow you to delete comments you don’t like.

arrowflinger1, fletch920 and gauge like this.
  13. boonerville

Dislikes Received:
    I’m all for debate sir. You didn’t ask for a debate. You came in guns blazing telling me I don’t know anything about how many deer I should be killing on my own farms. That’s not debate. Debate allows for intelligent interchange without personal attacks. Debate or even disagreeing with me doesn’t bother me at all. But personal attacks will get someone put on ignore. As a wise Oklahoma hood rat once said...Ain’t nobody got time for that!

14. 206moose

206moose Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    There you go deflecting again.
    Let’s try to stay on subject. The topic is new gun season proposal and why it is being considered. It has been said that overpopulation could be the reason. Would you care to debate the subject or try to deflect again?

15. boonerville

Dislikes Received:
    Well for the sake of being accurate...it WAS being considered. The bill never made it out of the committee. Seems a lot of people agreed with my perspective. The bill isn’t going anywhere for now. But my concerns are not based on population only, but on the quality of the population...if that makes sense.

16. 206moose

206moose Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I would suggest that the population number is directly related to population quality. Most game departments pass laws based on what will make them the most money. They usually do it under the guise of population control. If you take the overpopulation argument away from them it helps your cause. I don’t claim to know how many deer your property will sustain but I’ll bet the biologist do. So again I’ll ask do you understand land management. It’s obvious you know how to grow and keep big bucks on your properties.

17. WillO

WillO Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
  18. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    Read this as, "My concern is only in being known for killing high scoring bucks and being able to post them on social media for the purpose of putting funds in my pocket."

gauge likes this.
  19. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    Guys like him are ruining an entire state. What has been THE best state for deer in the country. Some folks are just getting tired of it. That's not us being unhappy, just starting to make some noise about it to save a natural resource. Why should we go the way of Illinois and just roll over? Doesn't affect you right? You will learn nothing new about deer hunting here, it's all been said or done to ad nauseam. Read a book or watch some old videos. Not trying to ruin anyone's life, just trying to preserve a tradition for locals that has been eroding since guys started moving here chasing big bucks for fame and fortune. They are their own worst enemy, but too short sighted to see the forest for the trees.

20. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hey dink/ stalker. Do you watch any outdoors hunted related shows? Drury/Shocky/Realtree?
    Bet you do/ have:busted:

Move on fanboy:whip:or go to your secret spot with a bottle of llotion and a roll of paper towels whilst waiting for his next reply
    :ninja:

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019