The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    [QUOTE="The reasons these tactics work against conservatives and libertarians is that they largely just want to be left alone. Power is gained reluctantly and used defensively. To them, government should be a shield. Progressives actively seek government power to use offensively - to make you do things. For Progressives, government is a spear.

President Obama summarized it best - the Constitution is “a charter of negative liberties,” which “says what the states can’t do to you (and) what the Federal government can’t do to you, but doesn’t say what the Federal government or State government must do on your behalf.”

Notice I did not say Republicans or Democrats. Plenty of Progs in both parties. More so one than the other, but still present in both.[/QUOTE]]

Spot on sir, spot on!

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
    dnoodles likes this.
  2. mikey custom-g

mikey custom-g Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well there you go as evidence. Ass clown or not, reality is reality. Don’t believe hyperbole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This is so true. One of my landlords is a progressive, fallen from being a Republican so I guess you could say he leans slightly right by maybe an unch. He usually always falls on the side of using regulation to make people do whatever he wants done. My philosophy always leans hard on encouraging people with incentives to take the high road, so-to-speak.

For example say we shared a goal in wanting people in general to buy solar power. My strategy would be to incentivize through tax breaks or something similar...his would be to raise the cost of power from the electric grid, or something similar. It's like positive vs negative conditioning.

Artem256 likes this.
  4. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Nearly 700,000 abortions were performed in the US last year, Liberals fight to preserve a woman's right to choose. 10,000 criminals were killed by gun violence. Liberals feel that guns are an issue and must be removed from the public.

5. cantexian

Dislikes Received:
    Good old liberal logic, just curious where did you get these numbers? I would be curious to see how much the gun deaths comes down when the deaths directly tied to gang violence and drug-related crimes are removed.

6. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Just google until you find a source that has the numbers that fit your agenda.:lol:

dnoodles likes this.
  7. cantexian

Dislikes Received:
    That is why I asked :beer:

8. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I want to send out prayers and well wishes to all those effected by the latest storms hitting the country.
    It certainly puts the winds and snow we are having into perspective. God Bless

9. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    That's what Cass Sunnstein (dear friend and policy advisor of our previous Dear Leader and husband of Samantha Powers, the previous UN secretary that illegally unmasked multiple US citizens captured on fisa wires) calls a "nudge".

Make the status quo uncomfortable for the public to steer them towards what you could not otherwise pass as policy.

10. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Our government is encouraging people to be dumb.
    Sheep if you will.

11. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    In youth basketball the Steph Curry disease is real. What coaches and some parents don't understand is Steph Curry disease does not affect Steph Curry because he's Steph Curry;) . If we did the Efficiency Formula on some youth players those 15-20 point games would not look so good.

airenlow, w33kender and ash d like this.
  12. w33kender

w33kender Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    What's steph curry disease, other than having a name that sounds like a chick named Stephanie?

13. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    And, just like that, Jussie Smollett is no longer an issue.

It just amazes me how much corruption goes on and we just ***** about it a little and ultimately accept it and move on. Should have used sickens rather than amazes, but it is what it is.

The media orchestrates the narratives, plain and simple. They are not our voice for sure.

14. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    There is a Thing called a "***** Yiddish Burlesque Flash Mob" and they go around protesting Trump staff...let that soak in for a few.

15. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So pissed this morning, I had hernia surgery a couple years back and they meshed me. The damn incision has ripped a few times, and evidently I did it again yesterday without even knowing
    I thought I should watch it to keep informed, 43 seconds was all I could stand it. So fortunate I do not live near the tall buildings.

16. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    This IS the left, not just a small percentage of it. It is by far the majority of it and these stories, including the Smollett crap, are far too common for it to be only a small portion. Add in the "protests" that resemble more of a riot, the counter protests that do the same, the censoring and denial of conservative speakers at colleges amd the list could go on. You never hear of this the other way aroynd, when you do it usually turns up as a hoax and fake hate crime.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/make-america-great-again-maga-hat-immigrant-maryland-police

"
    A pro-Trump immigrant from West Africa was pummeled and knocked to the ground over the weekend for wearing a “Make America Great Again” hat, Maryland police said.

Montgomery County police on Monday announced two arrests in connection with the alleged politically-motivated beat-down.

Atsu Nable told FOX5 DC that he was the one in the MAGA hat. He said the two men approached him Saturday in Germantown, outraged he was wearing it. He said one of the men struck him from behind, leaving him shocked.

“I was like, ‘Why are you doing this?’” Nable said. “They said, ‘No, the hat,’ and they started punching me on my head.”

Nable told the station he was proud to wear the hat as a long-time supporter of President Trump. He said he became a naturalized U.S. citizen after emigrating from Togo in West Africa in 2007, attended Trump campaign events and served as a volunteer at Trump's inauguration.

Cops charged Jovan Crawford, 27, of Germantown, and Scott Duncan Roberson, 25, of D.C., with assaulting Nable. They were also charged with robbery, attempted theft and conspiracy.

“I was like, ‘Why are you doing this?’” Nable said. “They said, ‘No, the hat,’ and they started punching me on my head.”

Nable told the station he was proud to wear the hat as a long-time supporter of President Trump. He said he became a naturalized U.S. citizen after emigrating from Togo in West Africa in 2007, attended Trump campaign events and served as a volunteer at Trump's inauguration.

Cops charged Jovan Crawford, 27, of Germantown, and Scott Duncan Roberson, 25, of D.C., with assaulting Nable. They were also charged with robbery, attempted theft and conspiracy.

Police said in a news release Nable initially tried to walk away from the two men. When they approached him, he reportedly said he was wearing the MAGA hat because “he was entitled to his own views.”

The two men then began striking Nable and telling him to take the hat off, the news release says.

“The victim continued to be struck by the suspects until he fell to the ground,” cops said in the release. “The suspects then removed property from the victim, and destroyed items of value.”

Nable told FOX5 his assailants also destroyed his headphones and tried to steal his cellphone.

After witnesses called 911, officers found Crawford and Roberson attempting to hide among a group of children playing basketball, police said."

17. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    That state of my package being sent by USPS

• Apr 16, 2019
      09:06 am
      Arrived at USPS FacilityUSPS
      STURGIS, MI, 49091
    • Apr 16, 2019
      08:59 am
      Arrived at UnitUSPS
      STURGIS, MI, 49091
    • Apr 16, 2019
      01:35 am
      Departed USPS Regional Destination FacilityUSPS
      GRAND RAPIDS MI DISTRIBUTION CENTER ANNEX
    • Apr 15, 2019
      10:17 pm
      Arrived at USPS Regional Destination FacilityUSPS
    • Apr 15, 2019
      08:38 am
      Departed USPS FacilityUSPS
      STURGIS, MI, 49091
    • Apr 15, 2019 07:17 am
      Arrived at UnitUSPS
      STURGIS, MI, 49091
    • Apr 15, 2019 06:32 am
      Departed USPS Regional FacilityUSPS
      KALAMAZOO MI DISTRIBUTION CENTER
    • Apr 15, 2019
      05:28 am
      Arrived at USPS FacilityUSPS
      STURGIS, MI, 49091
    • Apr 15, 2019
      03:30 am
    • Apr 15, 2019
      03:03 am
      Arrived at USPS Regional FacilityUSPS
    • Apr 15, 2019
      01:45 am
    • Apr 15, 2019
      01:37 am
    • Apr 14, 2019
      05:41 pm
      Arrived at USPS Regional Destination FacilityUSPS

airenlow likes this.
  18. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I had a similar one awhile back. Went from north of Chicago, to Des Moines, to St. Louis then to Springfield. Normally a one day delivery from Chicago. Took a week.

FB_IMG_1555443650326.jpg

19. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I shipped a lower unit using UPS to Hayward WI yesterday, it arrived this morning. Using a commercial UPS account is so much better than residential service.

20. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received: