Another health and fitness thread anyone?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Wiscohunter, Jan 18, 2018.

1. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    25 minute cardio and legs today. Got in a set of 275 for 8 tonight on squats. Didnt crush me but was enough to hurt a bit. Legs getting stronger.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
    jrk_indle84 likes this.
  2. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Not bad considering all I did was walk around the Memphis Zoo for five hours.

IMG_5908.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

pastorjim08 likes this.
  3. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Lesson for the day, don't go to the gym pissed off. Had some dumb crap at work then got home and the dogs pissed me off letting them out before goin down to gym so after missing yesterday I did what would have been yesterdays workout plus todays. Which ended up being upper and lower body lower weight, turned into heavy, higher reps and threw in some heavy rack pulls and some other stuff usually don't do. So now I'm sore as hell ha. Oh well was good workout anyway, luckily there wasn't anyone else there.

virginiashadow likes this.
  4. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    Bc of work I was up for 24 hrs in a row. Could only sleep 4 hrs. Got up and shot my bow for an hour and hydrated. Felt like crap but I'm on vacation for a week starting Friday so I forced myself to workout before work tonight.

Warned up for 5 min then tested myself in a half mile. Put out about 95% of my cardio and did the half mile in 3:25. Rested a minute then did a warmup set on incline then a minute later I did 90s for a set of 10. Finished about with about 15 more min of training then called it quits. Short and done. A couple more workout until Fri then I'm taking a week break to heal up after 3 hard months of training.

pastorjim08 likes this.
  5. charleshibner92

charleshibner92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ok after a weekend of crawfish boil family and food i shouldn have eatin im back in the gym. Did pretty good on eatin so feel good. Try not to break my arm patting myself on the back

6. No.6Hunter

No.6Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    First time posting in this thread!

Started going to the gym three weeks ago starting my fourth week today. I go every other day and mostly work on cardio. Been trying to lose weight since I was born I feel. Headed to Colorado for my first time in August so trying to prepare for that.

7. jrk_indle84

Dislikes Received:
    Getting started is usually the hardest part. Good luck.

Went myself tonight and did upper body heavy weight stuff. Have kept on using dumbbells for most all press movements. Been keeping shoulder feeling good and jabe steadily increased weight each week ended up with 70 #'s on flat bench amd 60's on incline for 4 sets of 5. Everything else has still been increasing weight too so happy with everything really. Kinda having trouble on tricep work tho. Doing different lifts but doesnt feel like my tris are engaging all that much. Surely they are some but depending on what I'm doin feel it more in chest or shoulders. So idk might just be in my head too, like on curls or dumbell rows i know my biceps are getting worked cause they get sore and pumped but when try tri work don't get that feeling. Guess I'll never be a gym bro with huge arms lol.

Good luck keeping up the work everyone. Tomorrow is legs and lower back, also deadlift day so always look forward to that. Won't this week and maybe not next week but wanna work up on weight and see what my max is again just because. Last time tested max hit 400 but didn't really set another goal yet.

8. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Getting started, staying in a routine, and having a half decent diet... If only those 3 things were easy. I'm back at it today. Leave for Punta Cana in 12 days.

jrk_indle84 likes this.
  9. jrk_indle84

Dislikes Received:
    Well I might have messed up today ha. Nothing major but haveta wait till tomorrow to know for sure. Warmed up and started workout with squats, which were good, went up to 260 for set of 5. New high on that. Then moved to deads. Warmed up and got to 360 which is where was gonna stop and do my sets at. First set went up to 3 reps and went for one more, rushed it and pulled it with mostly back. And that's where to mistake was ha. Knew it was bad idea halfway up but kept goin. So now have sore lower back. Not too bad but definitely should have knew better. Ended up doin another set of 3 then dropped weight down to 290 and did a set as many as could. By end of workout back loosened up and don't think will be a problem, just a dumb mistake of me rushing myself. Live and learn. Pretty happy squat is moving up tho. Goal was to hit at least body weight and just dod that today. Felt good and coulda probably added some for a 1 rep max but that's for another day.

Good luck guys, stay healthy ha. Tomorrow is my rest day so should help.

pastorjim08 likes this.
  10. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Today; Ran 3 miles, biked 5 miles, 200 situps, 60 push-ups, and 60 pull-ups. Wore out!

Blessings........Pastorjim

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

virginiashadow and cantexian like this.
  11. John T.

John T. Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Bumper sticker- Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

arrowflinger1 likes this.
  12. jrk_indle84

Dislikes Received:
    Feb 20th:
    March 27:
    You need some new material.

13. charleshibner92

Dislikes Received:
    Jrk. Dnt ruin your back that aint worth it but glad u feelin good. Hit gym twice so far this week just been super busy and longer days means more work

14. jrk_indle84

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks man, it's alright now. Was little stiff yesterday but feels back to normal now. I was just being dumb. But you're definitely right about it not being worth it. Lesson learned ha. I'm gonna back off doin heavy deadlifts now for while and just keep the weight down.

I'm right there with ya on the work schedule. Been working late taking advantage of nice weather so today was only my second day this week too.

15. jrk_indle84

Dislikes Received:
    Missed yesterday because of family dinner for birthday so went today. Pretty decent workout. Did some light rack pulls at end and even tho back is still little stiff wasn't bad. Tomorrow is rest day they back at it Monday.

16. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    Eat right. Stay fit. Live a better life while you are alive.

17. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Absolutely!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

18. charleshibner92

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone else on keto? I got nockd out of ketosis and cant get back in or unless ive never been in it. Idk. But decided to test with a p strip and it show up negative and has all week. I dnt eat any carbs to speak of and guess a guy an lose weight like that just pry not as fast. Anyway just wondering if any of yal have any good keto advise

19. jrk_indle84

Dislikes Received:
    Was able to hit gym 3 days this week. Doubled up workout on Tues since missed Monday. Tonight did some lower body high rep stuff and got done still feeling good. Wasn't anyone else in gym so messed around with squat to see what was close to my max. Gym has a smith machine so could set safety bars if got in trouble. Have been doin 250-260 for reps on normal work sets so worked up to that and slowly kept adding weight doin one rep until hit 300. Stopped there but I'm pretty happy with results been getting, when started about month and half ago was only doin 160 for reps and did 180 for a max.

Also worked on deadlift form this week and kept weight down. Not sure if overthinking stuff since back was sore after goin heavy last week or not. But I kept it kinda light and went slow focusing on form and everything felt lot better. Ended up changing set up little and worked out good. Need to just learn to always get good setup before starting and wont have issue. Think when tweaked back hips shot up to quick and then pulled rest of lift with back. So remember lift with you're legs kids haha.

virginiashadow likes this.
  20. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    Great progress man.