new year, new equipment

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by kjstaudt86, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah I had one for 5 plus years. loved it! Hazmore seat, 3rd hand bowholder, 3rd hand stabilizer straps, foot rest, got rid of all the pads, used cammo hockey stick tape on everything metal, and used great stuf foam on the hollow pieces. It was an awesome stand, which is why I'm going with a summit again!

2. justinwmoe88

justinwmoe88 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The Magnus black hornet is one heck of a killer broadhead. I'd use the ser razor version if I went back. The company's warranty and customer service is unbeatable also. On Facebook I tagged Magnus broadheads in the photo of the buck i shot this year and the owner sent me a thank you message and a reminder that if any damage occurred to the broadhead that they would replace it!

3. kjstaudt86

kjstaudt86 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Only downside is they are a little heavy and bulky depending on which model you pick, but dependable.

Swamp Stalker likes this.
  4. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Very true. That is their main downside. I like the theory of the flat folding Viper, but i've owned one and it creates a few extra steps/moving parts, and it creaks. I'll stick with the original Viper SD, and will deal with the washing machine on my back!

5. gri22ly

gri22ly Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I've wanted an Oneida since way back when I first started bow hunting....and I hate following the crowd, lol. And...it's really smooth and fun to shoot.

virginiashadow likes this.
  6. kjstaudt86

kjstaudt86 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That's all I use is the viper SD. I am a little big and probably need the Goliath since I am 6'5 but I have no problems with it and can stay in the stand a very long time. That's pretty funny on the washing machine part :lol:

Swamp Stalker and justinwmoe88 like this.
  7. wildernessninja

wildernessninja Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Upgraded my bow and rest. Got a leftover prime bow and trying a limb driven rest this year got a hamskea

grommel likes this.
  8. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Nothing in the way of a new bow. Bought a Triax last year and also have a BTX-28 so definitely don't need a new bow. Maybe little things there and there. Bought a new Primos double bull blind for turkey this year so trying that out. Otherwise, just little things here and there.

9. justinwmoe88

justinwmoe88 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Rhino blinds are great blinds to look at

10. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I haven't looked a those but thanks for the heads up. I'll look at them next time I'm in the market. So far the Double bull XL is nice but not as big as my Baronett Big Cat. If I kill a turkey out of the Primos this year I'm sure I'll like it more. :-)

justinwmoe88 likes this.
  11. Drew Price

Drew Price Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Just Upgraded this year from an entry level Bear Strike to a Hoyt Helix. I've been into archery for about 8 years so the upgrade was way overdue. What a difference. This year everything will be new, bow, rest, sight, arrows and broadheads. I had great luck with the rage extreme and G5 Havoc in the past. Broadheads are the missing link, however, as I'm still undecided as to what broadhead ill be using this year. I'm liking the Trypan, however, the price is absolutely absurd. There is also of talk about the Magnus on this feed, I'll have to check them out.