I'm new here. Anyone using an ebike for hunting?

Discussion in 'Introductions - New User Forum' started by ebike John, Mar 26, 2019.

1. ebike John

ebike John Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hi Folks, my name is John and I joined Bowhunting to discuss electric hunting bikes with anyone interested.
    Is anyone currently using an ebike for hunting?

2. WillO

WillO Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I use a bow.

I’m not sure how a bike could be used for hunting, Are you running the deer down with it?

3. ebike John

ebike John Newb

Dislikes Received:
    You could try that too I guess. lots of hunters are finding ebikes a reliable tool to get around after an injury or simply after reaching an age where that 5 mile walk in is not feasible any longer.

4. WillO

WillO Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I was just poking at ya funny bone.

I know someone who was thinking of getting one for the fact he could cover a lot of ground quickly and almost silently. I think it was the quiet Kat with the fat tires. They look pretty cool.

5. ebike John

ebike John Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Cool. Yes Quietkat is the more familiar name in the space but there are a few very good brands out there now. not everybody is embracing of ebikes but I've sold a lot of them and there is a real trend, some guys that have knee replacement surgery and wanted help getting around, others looking to go deeper than anyone else but doesn't have the legs for it anymore. there are lots of benefits. I wrote an article last month going into detail if anyone wants to take a look: https://ebikegeneration.com/blogs/news/top-7-electric-hunting-bikes-for-2019
    It highlights the main benefits, it could be helpful for anyone looking into it.

6. S.McArthur

S.McArthur Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Found you...are you here to hunt or sell?
    https://www.wonolo.com/blog/best-side-hustles/

John Murphy

@eBikeGeneration

John Murphy is a full-time corporate employee for General Electric living in a small Italian town on the coast of Liguria but he’s been aspiring to become a location-independent entrepreneur. With a passion for climate change, eBike Generation is the best of both worlds as he promotes using renewable energy and eBike Generation donates a portion of each sale to ACORE (American Council On Renewable Energy) so morally he sleeps well at night. He plans to grow his business, make it his full-time venture, and keep growing.

I launched eBike Generation this Summer. It’s an online retailer of American made electric bikes (ebikes)…

The business model I follow is dropshipping. I created the online store, struck up agreements with well-known proven ebike manufacturers, and they allow me to sell their ebikes on my store. Once I get an order, I then order the ebike from the manufacturer at wholesale price and the manufacturer ships the ebike to my customer.

The reason I chose this business model is simple: I didn’t need to purchase inventory upfront and only buy the product after making the sale, so startup capital is virtually zero. I don’t have to manage shipping or handling; in fact, my store is targeting the US market, and I live in Italy and manage everything on my phone or laptop.

The business model, if done properly, can see good earnings with very little maintenance (an hour or two a day) but can later be sold for 20 to 30 times the net monthly profit, so it can also be a good investment. To get set up online, with the help of the Shopify platform you can have a store operational in only a few hours, so once you get suppliers on board you have a business.

To be successful there is a lot to learn – email marketing, Google ad campaign management, some customer service, etc. – but it is also stuff you can pick up as you go. Two months in, and I have a profitable side hustle that I plan to make my full-time business. Lastly, a good thing to note about this business model is that if you learn to do it properly, you can rinse and repeat as many times as you like. Since the daily time it takes to manage is minimal, you could have 2, 3, or even more stores open at the same time.

7. jakebrake

jakebrake Newb

Dislikes Received:
    i'm guessing "sell"

8. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I'm betting to hustle, to "side" hustle....

"Two months in, and I have a profitable side hustle"

9. ebike John

ebike John Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Yes, I have a profitable business selling ebikes. I focus on electric hunting bikes and try to add as much value as possible when I join a forum like this. It is still my side business because as hard as I try it doesn't earn me a living so I'm stuck in the corporate world.

Electric hunting bikes have helped a lot of hunters get back out there and help hunters get to hard to reach places so they can be a real game changer.

10. WillO

WillO Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Do you hunt? Just curious is all how you got into selling hunting bikes.

11. ebike John

ebike John Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Just pheasant with my English Setter named Diego. And only once or twice a year. And it's more for my dogs enjoyment, he's wired to hunt so we head out and he turns into a whole new animal. I live in italy nowadays and over here they hunt pheasant and wild boar, the the boars are bigger than my dog and a whole lot tougher so we give them a wide berth

WillO likes this.
  12. ebike John

ebike John Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I got into selling hunting bikes after selling regular ebikes for a while. I joined another forum and got lots of questions about ebikes and a lot of pushback. Hunters are real straight shooters and tell you what they like and what they don't like so it's nice to go back and forth with that sort of personality. If a hunter likes the idea of ebikes for hunting he will say it, if he's against it he'll say it straight up.
    Also, from a selling perspective, it's easier to get to know a sub niche of a product and understand it well, rather than try to sell a wide variety of product to everybody and not know the product in depth.

13. davidingle

davidingle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I think it Iowa it is against the regs to use a motorized bike/vehicle on public ground. I could see the value on private but the 5 mile walk you describe doesn't exist here. Were checkered with roads e/w and n/s every mile for the most part

14. John T.

John T. Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Warranty? Repairs? These would be my first questions for something coming from overseas. Welcome, BTW.

15. ebike John

ebike John Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Well although I am overseas, I only sell ebikes from US manufacturers and the warranty is issued by the manufacturer. so for example, Quietkat is a well-known brand, based in CO. when I get an order for a Quietkat bike (I'm an authorized dealer for all the brands on the website), I then get Quietkat to fulfill the order and it ships from CO.

16. jstephens61

jstephens61 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome. You might get a warmer reception if you became a sponsor.

17. ebike John

ebike John Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks! I will. I've asked Brodie about getting that set up.

18. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So tell me this. I'm 5 miles back in the woods with my e-bike and I shoot the deer of my dreams, a big one...may 200lbs. How an I getting the deer out of the woods with my cool new ebike?

19. WillO

WillO Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    ebike John likes this.
  20. ebike John

ebike John Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Electric hunting bikes have a few options in trailers. single wheeled trailers, or slightly larger deer trailers that hitch to the rear axel.