The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry man, really don't know what else to say besides hang in there.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

oldnotdead likes this.
  2. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I find most sports annoucers annoying to listen to. Most the time I'm doin something else watching any game so it's mostly just background noise but they're terrible anymore, a few not so bad but mostly bad.

Also so not to make 3 separate post, soooo are we finally gonna give this up and all just admit Hillary sucked and nobody wanted her as president, and i know popular vote blah blah blah. Not hard when your promise free free free to the idiots in major cities. [​IMG]

3. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The beauty of a rant thread, you can ***** about anything and choose not to read the same, go figure!

Sota and Ridgerunner3 like this.
  4. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Endangerment is not the same as abuse.

Approximately 40% of total females making the trek are sexually assaulted. Fact. Reasonable to assume that holds across the age range of say 35 years of age until at least down to say 13 yoa or so; when that percentage then probably lessens, but throw in the males who are also assaulted and I arrived at a fairly conservative 25% estimate for total number of 10-17 year olds. It is also a fact that parents often provide their adolescent daughters with the morning after pill and/or at least start them on birth control knowing there is a likelihood they will be raped along the way.

The proof of endangerment is the crossing itself- Anywhere outside a POE is uncontrolled by law enforcement and thereby extremely dangerous (and that's discounting the journey to the border itself; not just the access point into the US.) Sexual assaults aside; untold thousands die attempting to illegally enter into the US every year. Starvation, drowning, dehydration, disease, and exposure kill every bit as dead as a bullet. Child endangerment does not necessitate that a child was actually harmed; only that there was a likelihood that harm could occur either through negligence or indifference; through either action or inaction. People get charged for leaving their kids in a closed car while running into a store; you think that's more dangerous than dragging them across hundreds of miles of narco/rapist-infested jungle and desert?

https://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/child-endangerment-laws.html

Again, any US citizen parent that would march their kids around the Mojave in the middle of summer for a week with little/no resources would get their kids taken away; and deservedly so.

So much for the separation of children argument.

5. Christine

Christine Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    290 days from when my check cashed to the arrival of the $200.00 stamp I paid for.

Bleagh.

But I already have another one on the way.
    Never thought I'd collect stamps. Lol

Freedom hard!*

*not you guys in IL and other commie states of course.
    [​IMG]

6. Wiscohunter

Wiscohunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The fact that he's not recommending any new indictments doesnt mean much yet. There can still be evidence that leads to impeachment and then an indictment for Trump. Mueller knows Trump can't be indicted as a sitting president. Although I think that won't happen. I have had such low expectations for this whole investigation that I don't care either way at this point. And yes, Hillary was arguably the worst presidential candidate of all time.

7. Wiscohunter

Wiscohunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Imagine that this all started because you posted some fake news headline that said some lady wants to pay immigrants social security. I didn't compare the 1800s to today you did by saying " eh my family did it the right way". Keep coping.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
  8. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Lol I'm coping just fine thank you . When one doesn't bury ones head in the sand their brain gets more oxygen, allowing for logic and less Pollyanna speech.

9. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    I am as ANTI illegal immigrant as you can get and for severely restricting legal immigration; but more illegals pay into SS than take out. Granted that's because they're using stolen SSNs, but hey they know that going in and that's the risk they take.

10. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    And here I have thought you were a citizen all this time.......:lmao:

dnoodles likes this.
  11. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    What about the European immigrants who got on ships with their entire family and sailed for months to reach America? Should they have been prosecuted to for some time surviving on just a couple 100 calories A-day just to make it to America for a better life? Is that abuse? Endangerment?

What about her family who decides to give up living with technology and moves out Into the Woods, and their kids have to fend for themselves and survive. Is that abuse?

12. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Come on guys it boils down to some pretty easy $hit to understand.
    All are welcome, we will help you even. But you have to follow the rules of the land you are begging to enter.

13. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    lol, you got me. Your amazing attention to detail rears its head again.

14. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:

A) No, at the time it was the only method of transportation. Same goes for wagon trains, etc. Can't compare eras past.

B) If you force your kids to wander around in said woods without proper clothes, food, and water and they get hurt/die, then yes. And there is literally no less forgiving environment in the lower 48 United States than the southern border. A full grown healthy adult can die in hours if not properly equipped.

oldnotdead likes this.
  15. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I believe in legal immigration. But I know that life is one big crap show so not everything is streamlined and logical.

That being said, I got a good pic while scouting today. Real quiet out in the country. Felt good.

[​IMG]

16. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  17. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Ok funny
    Now seeing there is an opening
    God Bless and help the people going through these horrible weather events. May they stay safe and recover.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
  18. Cooter/MN

Cooter/MN Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Nothing from the Mueller report has been released. DOJ policy does not allow for a sitting POTUS to be indicted. Investigations by the SDNY are a greater threat to the Trumps than the Mueller report ever was. Trump has already been named a co-conspirator with Cohen in a felony crime. If Trump does not get re-elected there will likely be indictments waiting for him.

19. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The inevitable spin, still your president buttercup.

Artem256 likes this.
  20. Cooter/MN

Cooter/MN Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    What did I spin dumba$$? I’m not even a Democrat.If you can’t handle facts thats your problem.