The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

It's just baby steps, coupled with drivers licenses, to allowing anyone to vote. Nothing to get mad about

2. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Wiscohunter,
    I'm not mad, I'm thoroughly disgusted. People do not delve past the talking points.
    When allowed to enter the governmental/ social construct you're opening the doors to the abuses the working tax payers ,many legal immigrants have to pay for. These law breakers are being told in advance how to game the system. The worst thing is it's being done to get a bigger voting population period. Let me tell you,I was a voting "inspector" in a rural area. I quit when on 2 separate elections highly suspect and yes illegal things occured. One even went to court. So I know exactly whats going to happen in 2020.
    Again you are correct immigration "back then" ,was different.BTW I'm second generation on my Fathers side. The people coming through then were fleeing real persecution and actual Famine. Religious persecution ect,ect. What we have here is mainly a group of people not willing to engage in fixing their own countries problems. They want the promise of a better life they think they deserve. Well let me say there are a whole lot of homeless people on US streets that started out deserving a better life. That had followed the rules ,worked, contributed, then had something go wrong. We as a nation let them down and still are letting them down while embracing the law breakers and GIVING them what should be going to the down and out americans we've failed.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
  3. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Don't be a lemming, you damn well know it happen on both sides of the aisle

Sota likes this.
  4. Berwickbuckmaster

Berwickbuckmaster Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

"Fat guy in a little coat" haha I love that movie, and that's exactly what came to mind seeing this post :lol:

axtell343 likes this.
  5. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I get in a great workout today at the YMCA only to have had someone steal my car keys. Dirtbags everywhere.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

6. Wiscohunter

Wiscohunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I wonder if you underestimate what daily life is some central American countries is like. It's not as simple as the people there just not wanting to fix the problem. These are the most corrupt, crime ridden, and drug filled places on the planet. It's a bit of a cop out to say "well the people should just fix it". Maybe the people in North Korea, Syria, and Ireland back in the day should have just fixed it themselves.

7. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    The United States is in a tough spot immigration wise. We are the beacon of hope and the worlds power. And to be the worlds power you cant be a jerk to the downtrodden or not only risk your status as being the worlds hegemon by reducing its symbolic or perceived status, and alienating certain sections of your population. External and internal decay can crush a country.

However we owe it to our country to protect its borders. A political fine line between being labelled a monster or hero. Not fun for anyone involved. It is easy to he be on one political side or the other in this instance. Kick em all out or love them all and let them stay. As in life, that is the easy way out mentally in most situations. Those people that try their very best to navigate the gray area in life are burdened with a constant emotional struggle between right and wrong. Hats off to those people as they try to make their best decisions without jumping on the left or right political bandwagon.

8. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    You know what it is thursday night been a long week traveling with a rep I have a 7 am flight land in Minneapolis at 11 am I just want to get home and relax for a couple of days.

9. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not sure you could have picked 3 situations any farther apart from each other or whats occurring anywhere in SA. Perhaps other than the last year in Venezuela. Let me ask you this, during this countries great depression did Americans flee the country, did Canada or Mexico have a humanitarian crisis at their borders. Well Mexico did have an immigration , of their people moving back because they no longer had American jobs. We as a people some what held are own. We didn't run.
    Look up civil wars across south America look closely at the dates. Oh gee violence ,drugs and death, look out Canada because Detroit should have a mass exodus to you. I only wish we as a people were runners ,perhaps the exodus of California wouldn't have had such an effect on Colorado and Texas. I bet they wish that as well. Perhaps they should run to Mexico and take their brilliance with them I'm just sure Mexico's arms will be open wide.

Fix and Sota like this.
  10. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    oldnotdead what you said is absolute truth and I respect your anger with the republicans, much respect.

11. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    Wish I had the innocence and perspective of a child. My ten year old went through an 8 hour blood transfusion today. A few hours after it ended she told me she was so happy. I asked her why....she said she has the four things in life that make her happy. "Having a ymca membership, her family, a nice house.....and a hoverboard!" hahaha! I told her and I are very similar, we like the simple things. She just smiled.

Okiebob and cls74 like this.
  12. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Enjoy those moments I so much miss my kids being young I regret not spending more time.

virginiashadow likes this.
  13. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    IL residents garnered a little freedom today and have the chance at much more, but who knows how long the latter may take.

IL Supreme Court found IL's ban on tasers and stun guns unconstitutional and deemed them protected under the 2nd amendment.

There was also a case last year where a court in the Southern portion of IL ruled that the FOID card was unconstitutional on the basis of paying for a right to possess a firearm in ones home.

Our new AG Kwame Raoul, who ironically enough as a Senator cosponsored the the bill that eventually became the Concealed Carry Act(although he is anti 2A), has appealed the ruling to the IL Supreme Court.

We could finally lose the registration and tracking device known as the FOID. Please let it be so.

jrk_indle84 and axtell343 like this.
  14. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The Trace Adkins song you're going to miss this still makes me cry, so true

15. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    And then there is also Representative Willis who wants to alter the current FOID, his suggestions...

Notice the first one, we currently pay $10 for 10 years. Then notice the 2nd, we would then(if passed) pay $50 for 5 years. Then jump to mandatory fingerprints and the cost jumps another $65 or more.

Need to apply in person, guessing this would be a discriminatory denial process. He looked thuggish or had a bad shave and looked rugged.

There is no private sale loophole either. Still must possess a valid FOID and the seller calls a number to verify the FOID is valid. FOID holders go through a background check like 360 days a year, think a few holidays they do not. If you want to know how quick a FOID is revoked, go commit a crime that qualifies. I choose not to, but have been told it is within a day or two with a notice to surrender the FOID and transfer all firearms to a legal possessor within 24 hours. Now they want to seize the firearms.

A simple false accusation for a temporary restraining order(if granted) gets your FOID revoked while the order is valid

FB_IMG_1553220948560.jpg

16. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Argue against the point made.....

You can't....

FB_IMG_1553230530894.jpg

17. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Read further down where I agree with that point, lol

18. Wiscohunter

Wiscohunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    A lot of people in these countries can only dream they could have the life most had here during the great depression.

19. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    My body is sore but this coffee tastes good. Beautiful 50 degree weather here. And I'm alive.

Suck it rant thread.

dnoodles, oldnotdead and Wiscohunter like this.
  20. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Lets be really honest here there are a lot of AMERICANS in this country that could say the same thing. Stop apologizing for this country having a better government than others and start worrying a bit more for the unfortunate citizens born here that need help. We are spending millions and millions on people that have zero respect for this countries laws. They, now remember this, pay as much as 7,000 to get here illegally or pay by being mules,or worse. Thats not talked about as much as it should be. It's not as if it's something new. Then we as tax payers spend thousands having to deal with them. Money that could go to helping our down and out CITIZENS.

Then just think of this.. The 'wall' one and done. So your cutting illegal #'s and the continuous cost of them. Cutting the man power and hours needed to stop and care for these law breakers. More money freed up for even better electronic deterrents. Then maybe, just maybe we could start working on our infrastructure.

Now we could go back and forth on this endlessly, I won't change your mind and you surely are not changing mine. So lets move on...try to have a good spring hunting season .

BTW
    Let me add this about that 7,000 dollar comment. Where do you think these poor down trodden people got this money? Let me tell you. It came from the other illegal family members that got here first. You know many that managed to obtain false papers got jobs. Instead of doing what we citizens do by reinvesting our income back into our country, they send the majority of their income back to their home country to pay coyote to smuggle more family over as well. Now there are many work visa immigrants doing the same thing. This is fact I live in farm country and I have family with big dairy farms. This is exactly what their workers do, send most of their pay back to their home country.They live in farm housing, the farmers drive them to town to shop for essentials and their cash goes back "home".

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019