The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Who get a $15 an hour minimum wage and medicare for all while paying in zero income taxes.

Artem256 and dnoodles like this.
  2. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My buddy married a girl from Israel, converted to Judaism and lives in Jerusalem. He sent me a pic of him sitting on his front porch with an AK and an Uzi, growing his beard out and wearing some Big Smith overalls. Kinda looks fun.

ash d and dnoodles like this.
  3. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    And they get to learn Krav Maga! I had to pay for those lessons!

virginiashadow likes this.
  4. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    They really do not screw around much over there, they did give us the desert eagle.

Okiebob likes this.
  5. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I remember years ago when some middle level terrorist blew up some Israeli street corner. Within hours, the Israeli government issued a regional announcement telling the terrorist that wherever they found him would be bombed. They warned all innocents to stay clear of him or risk being killed. Shortly thereafter they found him holed up in some large house with a bunch of people.....

Kaboom!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

ash d likes this.
  6. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

It was like that every other country I've been to also, there's guns everywhere. Citizens no so much but police and military everywhere patrolling the streets. That's what the idiots that compare our gun violence to foreign countries don't undersrand.

One example that sticks in my head was while at embassy in Paris. I was on duty and there was a individual that thought he was goin to prove how bad American security was by sneaking a fake gun into the embassy. Apparently he didn't realize before even getting to the gatehouse to our embassy compound you go through a check point of french military police. And didn't notice the 3 charter buses full of these guys parked 100 ft away. Needless to say last I saw of him was he was being slammed down to the street and drug off by 4 or 5 of these french mp's at gunpoint. Never did hear what happened too him ha. It was like that in all the 10 countries I visited. You couldn't walk a block without seeing at least 2 military guys packing rilfes.

dnoodles likes this.
  7. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    There is a certain tribal appeal to Israeli Judaism.

You're right about that. When there's paramilitary standing around on every corner makes it tough on neighborhood criminal activity.
    But then you see the "no-go" zones and that pretty much clinches it.

JRK I am assuming you were a Marine embassy guard? One of my best buds was in MX, Japan, and Vienna. By extension I know a few others. Good dudes. Well, I wouldn't let any of them date my sister, but the kind of guys you want watching your 6 in a back alley bar fight.

8. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    I am down to these:

Ultra.JPG

or these:

BR Warlords.JPG

I already have the second one on my F150. Both vehicles are Magnetic (graphite metallic.) I ordered the top ones; if I don't like them as much I will put them on the F15o before I sell it.

Here's the F150 as it now sits:

20170520_152433.jpg

20170603_111119.jpg

that last pic is about 80 yards from where I shot my infamous "Pincushion" Buck last year. One of the coolest properties you ever did see. Tons of rocky bluffs in the middle of Wisconsin Sand Country.

9. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    I will bet anyone any amount of money that Pete Davidson does a Robert Francis O'Rourke impression this Saturday night.
    Any takers?

This afternoon I was laughing at DJT making fun of Beto in the middle of a press conference with the Irish PM...Trump just starts ranting about how he swings his arms all over while he talks.

Then tonight I see a bunch of clips of Beto in various places at various times giving the same canned speech doing just that. He is literally light in his loafers! He bounces around on his toes and swings his arms all over the place while he talks. There is something wrong with him. But there is something vaguely familiar about him....

Beto.gif

10. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yea I was. I went to Paris, Moscow, and Barbados. It was a pretty awesome experience, especially as a young 20 year old ha. I got to go on a few POTUS and Sec of State visits too, did the security at the hotels they stayed at. Wasn't anything like personal security but they had us come in for extra help wherever they stayed.

11. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Here in Minnesota the state gov't is debating changing how the state deals with daylight savings time. Evidently it is just too much for some people to change their clocks twice a year. They quoted one person who said that you never truly get that hour back that you lose in each spring. Good god people.

dnoodles likes this.
  12. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Same thing here in Oklahoma and the arguments for and against are hilarious, like maybe they could have used an extra hour of sleep..

Didn't this used to be later in the spring? And I am for doing away with it bc it's so complicated setting my truck clock, lol.

ash d and w33kender like this.
  13. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yup. Later in spring and earlier in fall.

Okiebob and w33kender like this.
  14. charleshibner92

charleshibner92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    People who want your expert advice on what ever it is you do, lawn care here, and want your program but dnt want to hire you.
    Or people that call u on monday to look at a job but on Thursday u call to go look and give bid and you get “ hey we have two bids already you can come if you want but no need”. Y u call me then???? I know its just life but kinda aggravating you take time to write ther info down and talk to them then they dnt want anything. Awesome ownin your own business

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

15. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Would it not make sense to have the time change the first day of spring and the first day of autumn? Or just leave it where it is now.

16. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Dont get into the roofing business, that sheet is a constant and then they want to get mad when you "pre-qualify" them. And I love the "Well how would you go about fixing that?" Like I am going to come out to your home and tell you so you can do it yourself. My response is always the same, hire a professional.

charleshibner92 likes this.
  17. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    So we had a windstorm the other day, I'm running early to late today. Get to my 7.30am, set up the ladder and get on the roof. The neighbor comes out pissing and moaning my ladder is too loud. I looked at that fat slob and asked if he was just another Democrat against the working man, he had a trump bumper sticker, so. Dude came unglued, lol! So I just kept calling a Pelosi lover and making that air jerking off motion.. 8.20 am and I've already brought the demons outa this fella! Its gonna be a great day!

18. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Clinton 17,Bush 13, Obama 12

It's not the number I don't care if Trump did 100, if in fact they were justified. As for the 13 senators who voted against it, now we know there are 13-non lemmings in the senate. I believe we had 13 congressman also, so that gives us 26 non lemmings in congress, we need more.

My recommendation to trump would be to change his message. State the facts.

1. We have huge influx of people seeking asylum from central America, we need to wall to help funnel them to check points. This will alway us to handle the influx safely for the people seeking asylum and our Border Guard.

2.Drugs, trump again just needs to tell the truth, the Cartels are not going to see the wall and say "Well damn it, I guess we have to stop this billion dollar operation we have. Again change the message "While the wall my curve illegal drugs for a short term, we have plan <insert here> to really put a dent in the trafficking of drugs.

3.The wall will stop many coming over illegally, we know it's not a fix, but it's the first step in protecting American's people, jobs and safety of border towns.

Just reshape the message, Trump is not going to change the lemmings on the left's mind, he does not have to. It's the non-lemmings in the middle he needs to sway.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  19. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I disagree, there is no message that Trump could deliver to get these aholes to fund the wall. The democrats refuse to fund it out of Trump derangement syndrome and the republicans that voted for the blockage bill claimed to be backing it out of a twisted sense of not setting a precedent for future presidents...which has already been set multiple times by past presidents. Most of these pricks have voted to fund a wall multiple times in the past so the wall or the need for it is NOT the issue.

jrk_indle84 likes this.
  20. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Humans are the only species on the planet that acknowledges daylight savings time, therefore, we are wrong. Do away with it completely and move along. There different lengths of daylight hours at different times of the year. Get over it, and move along!

Okiebob likes this.