Todd Pringnitz, founder of Wicked Tree Gear and Tree Thrasher in a coma after ATV accident.

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by boonerville, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Marauder

Marauder Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Prayers to the Pringnitz family and friends. RIP Todd.

2. Joey Rott

Joey Rott Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Prayers to Todds family. Devastating news to hear, especially with somebody that still had so much life left to live and a son/wife to live it with. Horrible

3. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Holy crap! There's a blast from the past. Hope you're doing well, man. I know you had some trying times yourself these last few years.

4. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Certainly devastating news. Prayers going out for his family.

5. Joey Rott

Joey Rott Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good to hear from you Justin, and hope you're doing good as well! I don't follow hunting like I did in the past... just don't have time in this period of my life, but have been following the news since last week. I've met Todd a few times at shows, but didn't really know him personally. But it's obvious to see he was very well liked/respected and it's just tough to see this series of events happen..

6. gri22ly

gri22ly Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I never met or knew Todd personally, loved his videos and podcasts...his personality and enthusiasm was infectious. Absolutely loved the recovery of "Walter Payton", I've watched it a couple times this week while reflecting on Todd, his friends and family...that hunt and recovery will be a classic for eternity.

Berwickbuckmaster likes this.
  7. PY Antlers

PY Antlers Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I didn't know Todd as well as some, but fortunately better than others as I had the pleasure to develop an acquaintance friendship with him over the last 10 years. It was always with much anticipation that I looked forward to seeing him at the shows or the occasional phone call.
    The man was most certainly living his dream and will without question be greatly missed by the people he choose to be around and introduced himself to over the wonderful years he walked this earth. My heart is heavy this day and will be for days to come...…………
    The link below is a very fitting song IMO
    https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...CA7B74B0A02067357CE0CA7B74B0A020&&FORM=VRDGAR

Berwickbuckmaster likes this.
  8. John T.

John T. Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I didn't know Todd but got acquainted through his friends here. Sorry to hear of the loss of such a dedicated husband, father, hunter and business owner.

9. Matt

Matt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Such a sad deal, the dude was sure passionate about deer that's for sure. RIP and prayers to the family.

10. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Still in disbelief...imagine the fact angels welcomed him home with as much excitement and pure joy as he had in the recovery of so many deer, especially the Walter Payton one. Cried like a baby watching that tonight again.

11. Western MA Hunter

Western MA Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Tragic. I feel terrible for his family. Praying for his family. I don't know the man personally, but way too young... so sad.

12. grommel

grommel Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Rest well! Sad to hear, sorry goes out to your family,

13. TwoBucks

TwoBucks Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Wow... Todd's story has been hard to read. I can't imagine what the family is going through..

I don't want to be "that guy" that asks what happened with the ATV but Todd was more experienced in the whitetail woods than 90% of us and yet an accident still happened. Is there anything we can learn, aside from helmets, that may keep someone safe in the future? For those that know what happened, please use your best judgement to whether it's a good idea to share, I understand if you don't think it's best for the family.

14. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    My understanding is he was coming home from shed hunting when a dog ran out in front of him. He braked and swerved to avoid the dog, which caused him to roll his ATV and hit his head on a bank of frozen snow & ice. This was actually captured on a security camera of the house where the dog came from. I'm unclear if this was in a field/yard or on a road.

The obvious lesson is that accidents can happen to anyone at any time and you should always wear a helmet. I know I'm just as guilty as Todd when it comes to ATV use without a helmet. I haven't worn mine in probably 5 years, but I imagine that's gonna change moving forward. Situations like this are always tragic, but even more so when they're easily preventable.

Okiebob and boonerville like this.
  15. Paul Frey

Paul Frey Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Not to take away from this article but I had an ATV rollover yesterday. Thankfully I was able to walk away from it with just a few bumps and bruises. Quad rolled over twice and some how I was able to get out of the way. I was not going fast at all as I knew the area. I was up on a small hill. The backside of the hill was banked left to right. Put my weight on the uphill side of quad and it started sliding on the snow. Went sideways and then started to roll. I'm fine. The quad is fine. I was not wearing a helmet but will be from now on. Best of luck to Todd. Hope he comes out of this soon.

16. Meat

Meat Newb

Dislikes Received:
    You might want to read the previous posts. Todd passed away from his injuries.

Meat

17. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Been watching a lot of these old white knuckle videos.

I got a real laugh out of this video
    ..particularly about the 25 second mark. Am I hearing this right? Thanks for the laugh Todd!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk