Todd Pringnitz, founder of Wicked Tree Gear and Tree Thrasher in a coma after ATV accident.

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by boonerville, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Jeremy/PA

Jeremy/PA Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Todd has been in my thoughts all week.

About 8 years ago, I was just getting back into bow hunting from an extended time away. I kinda just stumbled upon WKP videos and instantly found Todd's personality infectious. Over the last many years I have followed along with each of the seasons. In January of this year, I was going to the Sportsman's show in Harrisburg and told my wife that all I wanted to do while there was meet Todd and say hello.

I stopped by the booth, introduced myself and we started to have a conversation - and he was the one asking the questions.. how my season was, did I do the archery shoot, how I did, where I lived etc. I didn't really get to ask him anything because all he wanted to know about was me! Plenty of people around the booth and he took over 10 minutes just to talk. He was the nicest guy - exactly what I hoping he was... just a normal dude.

Only a few days after this event and I learned of this. I am hoping he has a full recovery and he gets the miracle he desperately needs.

2. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Before we started Bowhunt or Die we used to do a lot of trade shows with Todd. We would either piggyback Bowhunting.com in the WKP booth or set up side-by-side. We're going back to 2008-2010 I would say. People used to buy a WKP DVD and then ask Todd and whomever else was in the booth to sign the cover for them. He would reluctantly do it, but always had a large print-out of that year's DVD cover in the booth and he would make the person buying the video autograph that cover in exchange. By the end of the show season, the DVD cover would be full of people's signatures who had purchased the videos. That's just the kind of guy Todd is.

The last time I saw him I was giving him some crap about his "Hunting Ghost Bucks" seminars he was doing at the GAOS. I told him it would be a quick seminar where he stands up and says "Guys - I'm going to tell you the secret to killing big, mature deer. Move to Iowa, start your own company and hunt every day. Thanks for coming!" :lol:

3. boonerville

boonerville Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That’s just the kind of stuff I Iike about Todd. 2 years ago at the Iowa deer classic I stopped by his booth and he asked how I was liking the show. I told him great other than the fact it’s prime shed hunting season. He got super excited and we started talking sheds. Anyone who has seen his shed hunts knows how fired up Todd gets about sheds. I showed Todd a picture of 14 sheds I had found the day before. Todd freaked and blurted out “what are you doing here man? Go back out there and walk! Man I wanna leave and shed hunt now!” Todd is just about as “real” as it gets when it comes to passion for whitetails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    With the extent of this injury I’m imagining months upon months of recovery. Brain injuries are just horrible and the healing process is so slow. I hope he’s in a top notch facility.

5. boonerville

Dislikes Received:
    Justin...what would your thoughts be on sending flowers or something to Todd's room at the hospital on behalf of the forum? I'm sure lots of people would pitch in a few bucks. I certainly would.

6. Jeremy/PA

Jeremy/PA Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Too funny! He asked if I was going to stay for that seminar but I wasn't going to be there that late in the day. He told me no sweat as he was doing the same one at the Iowa classic and it was going to be recorded... bummer. But yes, you are correct that it could have been that short!

7. boonerville

Dislikes Received:
    There will be a benefit auction for Todd and his family at the Iowa deer classic next weekend. Radix will be donating cameras for the auction, along with Lonewolf stands, Mrs. doe pees, trophy rock, And hopefully a bunch more soon.

early in likes this.
  8. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I'm going to gather up as much BHOD stuff as I can and bring it down for the auction as well. I will be at the show Friday and part of Saturday but won't be there for the auction itself. Gotta head home before then.

virginiashadow and boonerville like this.
  9. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    Unfortunately Todd has passed on. RIP! WHite Knuckles Brother!

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
    No.6Hunter and boonerville like this.
  10. boonerville

Dislikes Received:
    Oh no. Are you serious?

11. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    RIP Todd.

[​IMG]

dnoodles likes this.
  12. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    RIP Todd

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

13. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    Yes sadly. Here is from his wifes facebook page:
    Katie Kongable Pringnitz
    1 hr ·
    At 3:16am Todd was welcomed into Heaven. I am thankful for his complete peace that he is feeling right now and comforted that he is with Jesus. I was laying beside him, holding his hand, and had my other hand over his heart when he passed. He seemed so relaxed as he passed and met Jesus. I am sure he yelled "Yea buddy" as soon as he entered Heaven's gates. ❤
    The first thought I had was of John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." Because of this I am fully confident that I will see him in Heaven someday soon, as this is what Todd Pringnitz believed. ❤

14. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Terrible. Condolences to his family and friends

w33kender likes this.
  15. boonerville

Dislikes Received:
    This is just terrible. My heart goes out to Todd's wife Katie and son Baker. I cannot imagine what Todd's wife is experiencing right now. A reminder of how fragile life can be, and why you should live every day like it's your last one.

In thinking of the family, please consider contributing to the go fund me page or participating/donating to the benefit auction this Saturday at the Iowa Deer Classic. Todd was self employed, and now his wife and son are going to have to figure out how to move forward. I have decided to donate several of my largest sheds to the auction, including my 100 incher, which is basically one of my most prized possessions. But ultimately antlers don't really matter nearly as much as helping someone who really needs it.

wibowhntr and cml5895 like this.
  16. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Today is a crappy day.

Todd was pronounced brain dead last week and was taken off life support yesterday afternoon. The doctors and medical staff did all they could for him, unfortunately, his injuries were just too severe. He leaves behind an amazing wife and a young son who will never have the fortune of going into the field with his dad. My heart aches for both of them and the rest of their families. Katie's faith and positive message through all of this has been nothing short of amazing and inspiring. May she continue to be strong for her family and may she find strength in those around her.

RIP, Todd.

17. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Very sad news. He was far too young, with his whole life ahead of him. The Lord works in very strange ways.

18. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    How sad. I didn’t know him personally, but he seemed like a genuinely good dude.
    RIP Todd

19. boonerville

Dislikes Received:
    Brings to mind Ecclesiastes 9:11

We never know what will happen from one day to the next.

pastorbigdan likes this.
  20. No.6Hunter

No.6Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Terrible news to read on a Monday morning. Todd definitely encouraged me to start hacking away at trees on my property. Will miss his energy.

early in likes this.