Indoor archery/3d ranges

Discussion in 'Target Archery' started by kjstaudt86, Feb 18, 2019.

1. kjstaudt86

kjstaudt86 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    It may be a shot in the dark here, but I am trying to gather some information regarding your local indoor archery/3d ranges in your areas. Specifically in my area of east, Tx, I would have to travel a great distance to get to one of these places, especially if I were to visit an indoor 3d range.

• If you were to start up your own archery range, what would be the "must have's" that you would like to see implemented?
    • How would you improve your local range/store if you were the owner?
    • What distances would you like to see?
    • What's average cost to shoot in your area? Memberships?

Just trying to put some ideas to pen and paper from a lot of guys that shoot indoor ranges at different facilities across the US!

2. davidingle

davidingle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    • If you were to start up your own archery range, what would be the "must have's" that you would like to see implemented
    If were talking a shop, must be full service with trained techs that know their stuff. If just the range, i'd say it needs to be kept up with. Too many places around here with shot up targets that are iffy on stopping arrows. Must have leagues or something of the sort.

• How would you improve your local range/store if you were the owner?
    The one in my town is only 4 lanes and has no league nights or incentive to keep you coming on a regular basis. Also the targets are pretty rough. The outdoor range in town isn't maintained.

• What distances would you like to see?
    Indoor having 40 is nice but a min. of 20 for league. Outdoor prob 50 with the option to put your own target to 100 or so

• What's average cost to shoot in your area? Memberships?
    The one in town is $5 but the the nicer range in Des Moines is $15 for paper and $20 to shoot 3d's. No membership options as far as I'm aware

kjstaudt86 likes this.
  3. kjstaudt86

Dislikes Received:
    Appreciate the feedback! Do any of the areas around you do any elevated shooting?

4. davidingle

davidingle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    yeah the outdoor one in town has a platform approx 12 feet up

5. slickbilly-d

slickbilly-d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    At least 40 yards

Do it up with fake trees and make it interesting

Have a league in which people can shoot at their convenience, but still dedicate one night to the league where people can shoot together.

Give out free beers after the shoot:beer:

A 20 yard indoor 3d range might be okay for the trad guys, but with a compound, if everything is 20 and under, it’s the top pin and 40 pin if it’s 10 feet away.

Have some incentives to win, not just a ribbon.

This is one I went to here in Indiana and it was pretty impressive. They were lacking on the free beers afterwards though.[​IMG]

kjstaudt86 likes this.
  6. kjstaudt86

Dislikes Received:
    How much is it to shoot here or at both of your places?

7. slickbilly-d

slickbilly-d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I’ve only been to this place once. It’s 2 hours away. There was a local shop that had a pretty good range but they closed down. Also it wasn’t decorated up like the one in the pic. The other places close are just 20 yard ranges. If I’m going to shoot 20 yards, it’ll be at a Vegas face

This shoot was $40 I think because it was an IBO world qualifier. I’ll look and see how much there winter league is

8. CJ navy

CJ navy Newb

Dislikes Received:
    There is one in North Carolina where I'm stationed as a Navy recruiter it's called the boneyard archery range I believe...check out their website it's pretty awesome! I haven't been yet.. just got down here a couple months ago and I'm waiting o. The sight for my sr6, anyway you can get some great ideas from that....I was thinking the same starting my own range but, have at it not sure of there pricing but if you want when my sight gets in and my bows set up that will be the first place I go shoot and I'll take lots of photos and post them on this thread at the end of this month!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk