Maine

Discussion in 'Northeast' started by Frankiecruzer, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Frankiecruzer

Frankiecruzer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Fellow bowhunters, I just found out I’m headed to Maine. Castine area. Where are some places to hunt? Anyone from that area? Thank you for your help. Any info would be appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Frankiecruzer

Dislikes Received:
    Ttt

3. Frankiecruzer

Dislikes Received:
    Ttt

4. Western MA Hunter

Western MA Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I've never hunted Maine, although I frequent the York area every summer with my family. I would love to go hunt the north woods sometime... jackman, etc.

5. rangerFGM

rangerFGM Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I vacation in Maine each year down by York and use to rifle hunt from 2003 - 2007 up north near Sangerville/Guilford, which is Northwest a little from where u are going, with these old timer Mainers …. the season use to start somewhere in October and I wasn't into bowhunting too much back then so there was no conflict. Where I was it was some thick woods 10 feet off the trail and all they use to do is set up deer drives which im pretty sure are illegal now in Maine. I shot one of the biggest whitetails for me in Maine in attached picture. The deer back then were definitely bigger then what I saw in NY but definitely a smaller population which is why I guess they don't give out a lot of xtra permits. Never bow hunted though so I cant comment on that …… I pretty much stopped going as I got into bow hunting more …… good luck and make sure u apply for a moose permit …. its open now until May I believe …. mainedeer3.JPG

6. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Maine is full of places to hunt, paper companies own about half the state and most are open to hunting. Deer hunting in Maine isn’t easy by any stretch. Other then in areas that developed and Newark the shore population density’s very low.
    That said you will not pack for places to hunt. You just might be wishing for a few more deer though