Covert mp6 problems

Discussion in 'Trail Cameras' started by jrk_indle84, Feb 2, 2019.

1. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Has anyone had problems with their cam sayin the sd card is always locked. I know its older cam and probably outta replace it but the last few times I've changed cards no matter which one I put in it says the card is locked whenever try to format it in camera. I got it to work last time changed them but discovered today while it cleared the card it didn't take any pics. The card works fine in the other cams I have so thinking it's the came itself.

Changed cards today and just put one in without clearing it and am gonna see if it takes pics. If not only solution I have is getting new cards or doin a factory reset on cam and seeing if that works. Just wondering if this is something that can be fixed or if the cam has ran it's course and just needs retired.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds like the camera is starting to give out. I had a Stealthcam that did something similar, I would put a card in and instead of showing 0000/2222 it would show 0000/0000 no matter what sd card I put in, like it was not even acknowledging there was an sd card. But hey, an MP6!? I would say you have got some mileage out of it. My MP8 had some issues, little wire fray, called covert, sent the camera and a check for $60 and got a new MP8.

3. bowhtr1

bowhtr1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Low batteries will cause issues. Also format the card in a computer. Do the full format not the short one. It should take a few minutes to format depending on the size of the card. See if they have any firmware updates also.

4. jrk_indle84

Dislikes Received:
    Ha yea I'm impressed with the life I've gotten out of them. At one time had 5 mp6 and a mpe5. 2 or the mp6's have given out but others have held on. And the one that gave out got knocked off tree by cattle and best I can tell got stepped on or knocked around. Still takes pics but the inner screen doesnt work. I've had to use their warrenty before too and had good luck so maybe a call would be worth it.

I'd say more than anything it's probably just time to upgrade. Which would be fine, I got my monies worth out of them I think.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
    Okiebob likes this.
  5. jrk_indle84

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks I'll give that a try. It may be the batteries, they're not showing low but they're cheaper batteries and I dont think had the problem until put them in.

6. D. HUGHES

D. HUGHES Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have about 40 trail cameras and most of them are coverts and I have had several say SD card locked. I have not had any luck on fixing this problem no matter what card I put it it. I have had it clear its self when I put new batteries in it just to do the same thing when I go to change it. To be honest I quit spending a lot of $ on each camera because it seems like 3-4 years is what I get out if them on a average.

Berwickbuckmaster likes this.
  7. jrk_indle84

Dislikes Received:
    That's what I'm coming to the conclusion of. I've tried couple different cards, changed batteries, and reset it sonce posted this. Seems to just be wore out ha. Can't really complain though, feel like I've gotten my monies worth out of these cams. Not sure but they've gotta be close to 4 or 5 years old at least. Might just be time to upgrade this spring. So I'll be in market for some new cameras look like ha.

Thanks for the reply tho, I cant imagine running 40 cams. I second guess muself all the time changing cards if I've put in the right card or remembered to turn the cam back on and I only have 4 or 5 out most the time ha.

Okiebob likes this.
  8. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Lol! I do the same on I only run 4 cameras

jrk_indle84 likes this.