Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Budweiser is coming soon. Bring it Friday.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

dnoodles likes this.
  2. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  3. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    nope. I was in high school; 92 was my first election. I actually did volunteer work for Dan Quayle's campaign. Not kidding.
    Yes, it was an excuse to hang out with a girl. The ethos stuck, the girl did not.

4. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    oh man, the dirt that Madigan must have on people....if he's indicted I would be very surprised if he doesn't end up Vince Fostering himself.

cls74 likes this.
  5. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    He no longer has his daughter as the AG, how the hell that was not a huge conflict of interest is beyond me. Granted Kwame "The Salami" Raoul isn't much better, but that unconditional love is no longer there.

Plus this is a Federal investigation not a state level cover up.

It is incredible how much power the man has, he is the governor of IL and has been for the majority of my 44 1/2 years, all but 2 or 4 I believe when the Republicans took the majority in the House for a very brief spell. Not a damn thing, legislatively, happens in this state without his approval, not a single thing.

6. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Was gonna go have a beer with the boys at the local bar.
    Just went out to warm up the truck and noticed the wind layed down.
    Grabbing the rifle instead and gonna make a coyote tour till dark.
    Then beer:beer:

dnoodles, arrowflinger1 and ash d like this.
  7. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Can you shoot coyote from the truck? Asking for a friend that might have done that in the past.

dnoodles likes this.
  8. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well:confused:.
    I do:evilgrin:

Nuttn moving this eve. One deer.

9. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    Where did all the good sci fi movies go? Dang

10. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    the Zombies ate them.

Check out Netflix. Seen Altered Carbon? Technically a series, though. But I liked it. Second season is in production now and sounds like a cool plot twist is coming.

A few other decent ones on there also. My office was closed or 3 days this week so the dent in my couch got bigger and I plowed through a lot of Netflix.

11. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    Lots of credible rumors out there that Rauner ran as a beard. When you think of it cynically, he was the most successful Democrat governor this state ever had. The fact that right after he beat Janie Ives in the primary he called several others begging them to take his spot so he could stand down... disgusting puke. He should be charged with voter fraud as he clearly never intended to actually govern.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  12. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    soooooo...if a guy admits to being one of 2 people in a picture of
    Man A (white man in black face) and
    Man B (white guy in a Klansman outfit)

but won't say which one he is....I gotta think he's the guy in the Klansman uniform. Right? I mean can we all agree that the white hood is worse?

hoodie.JPG

To be honest- I don't necessarily think a man should be judged for things he did as a teenager over 30 years ago. 20-some years ago; I seen some really stupid insensitive (by today's standards) Halloween costumes at college parties.

But I do judge him on his statements of 3 days ago:

baby KKKiller.JPG

13. Wiscohunter

Wiscohunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I feel like it wouldn't take much to get one of those bad boys right in the jugular.

14. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I voted for him, not going to lie. I am on record when he first started campaigning of seeing him as a wolf in sheeps clothing. The fact his wife was a huge Democrat and he was good friends with Rahm Emanuel, calling him a good businessman.

I could not vote for Quinn and wasn't going to throw it away.

I will say one thing though, he did stand up for 2A rights vetoing several bills and was open to talking to several pro gun groups that hadn't been allowed in the Governor's office for years.

Rauner was elected because Madigan allowed it. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, I just believe that Madigan has that power. Rauner was nothing more than a political scapegoat to burn the Republican party amd place the blame on him for falling further into the sink hole.

Madigan has personally signed off on every budget, pension thieving and every other fiscally inept bills that became implemented.

He has his stooge in there to rubberstamp his corruptness and he'll keep him there until he has used him up or Blago's him.

I so hope the mother &$*%# gets caught up in some shady chit finally, it will take decades to undo what he has done but it could be another decade before he is gone too.

15. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    You're right on that- Madigan had a super majority so could get through any legislation he wanted by overriding the veto. Rauner gave him a foil (or "beard" as I termed it.)

I voted for him first go around, left that ballot spot blank last November. Straight ticket R otherwise whether I knew who they were or not.
    Futile or not; I would not give that sumbitch my vote.

I forget what the actual breakdowns were; but I do know that Rauner under-performed by like 20% or maybe even more compared to other Rs in the state. Helluva boat anchor for guys like Roskam who was a pretty good Congressman.

16. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    Altered Carbon was fantastic

Okiebob and dnoodles like this.
  17. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    wait- I'm the most conservative guy here?

thanks. Like I alluded to in my PM- I walk the walk. How I was raised. :confused:

As I said on here a while back; SALT is literally taxation w/o representation. It's ridiculous for me to get a massive federal tax break because my state has figured out a way to rob from the Federal government- while people living 10 miles east are not allowed the same tax break just because their state is more fiscally responsible. Federal SALT deductions are one of the most inherently unfair policies this nation ever implemented. It literally encourages fiscal irresponsibility and punitive taxation by the states; subsidized by the federal government at the cost of more fiscally responsible states.

I think elimination of the SALT exemption is great policy- even though it's going to kick me in the balls this year. However, it does adds impetus to me voting with my feet. My vote can't override 5 million parasites in Cook County; but I can move 20-30 minutes east and while I'll still be paying IL income tax my property tax will be at a minimum $4000 less...and they ain't trying to confiscate my guns.

I did a rough calculation- by being employed within the state of IL but moving to IN due to excessive taxation- while IL still gets my income tax; IL is still losing out on:

$4000+/yr property taxes
    $5600/yr in grocery/restaurant/booze taxes
    $2500/yr on general goods sales taxes
    (combined total of both me and my wife)

that's over $12k per year...for a family of 2. Multiply that figure for over 50k people leaving the state per year and you see what it's costing the state. Something like $600,000,000 per year. And that's assuming everyone who moves out of state will continue to work/pay income tax in IL (which is not the case) - so probably over $1 billion per year*.

*that figure is massively oversimplified and underestimated....I'm basing my calculations on my family of 2, no kids, and not being business owners. We employ nobody and literally are workers and consumers only- not job creators. Many of the people leaving IL are small business owners and therefore are taking their employees/employment opps with them; exponentially increasing that loss to the state.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  18. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    I'm curious to see if the Illinois Exodus will be enough to flip Lake County, IN from blue to red....or if the idiot suburbanites will bring IL voting habits with them.

19. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    So how many of y'all live in a constitutional carry state? The previous terrible governor, worst in the nation, vetoed the constitutional carry bill at the recommendation of all of our law enforcement agencies and the majority of our population. New governor, says he is going to sign it into law. I dont like that just anyone over 21 can carry without any training or all the stuff I had to do when I was 23. Plus, we lose the revenue generated by licensing. How has it worked in your state?

Uchase2 likes this.
  20. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Most vocal conservative on here... lol!

Come on down to Oklahoma! We would love to have y'all and your tax dollars! But for real, we have already seen an influx of people moving in over the last two years from all over. We are finally starting to diversify the economy with new jobs that are not related to the oilfield, finally. And you would be considered a gem to our conservative base, fit right in, hell they would create a job for ya.

dnoodles likes this.