Terrain Outdoors The Archer Hunting blind

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by JHasty, Jan 28, 2019.

1. JHasty

JHasty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys My little girl who is 6 went hunting with me a few time last season and this one and has been more and more interested in hunting lately to the point that I went out a bought her a crossbow. I was looking at Academy Sports and Outdoors website and they have a 5 sides archery blind from Terrain outdoors. Its nothing fancy like redneck blinds but I am some what of a budget. I want something other than a pop up blind that I can put a heater in and have the windows closed so if its cold or raining she stays comfortable so I don't turn her away from wanting to hunt. I can get the blind for right at $800. I like the thought of how it goes together simply with nuts and bolts so it nothing permanent so if I moved or wanted to put it on a lease somewhere I could break it down so it would not be hard to move. I see that Terrain Outdoors makes several different blinds so I am just trying to get some reviews from anyone who may have one or may have used one of their blinds on how they like it and how its held up and the pros and cons of this company's blinds. Thanks in advance!

2. OfficerX

OfficerX Newb

Dislikes Received:

They only blinds I'll use are Double Bull. They used to be their own company but were bought out by Primos. Primos still has a line of blinds that are Double Bull Specific. I would try these. They hold up great, easy to set up in the pitch dark. Very quiet and have a dark interior so you aren't silhouetted.

https://www.primos.com/primos-hunting/ground-blinds/double-bull/c-24/c-102

JHasty likes this.
  3. JHasty

JHasty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the input and OfficerX! I actually sent Primos a email earlier today with a few questions I had about their blinds. I really like that Surround view 360 just got to talk my number 1 into letting me spend that much on a blind

OfficerX likes this.
  4. OfficerX

OfficerX Newb

Dislikes Received:
    We just purchased one of the 360 ones last year and its our new favorite. Since it's so adjustable it makes it easy to use on all inclines/declines. One of the issues you can run into with using blinds is hills. Sometimes the windows are too short so in order to see up hill you really have to bend down and vise versa. Also seat height sometimes is an issue if you have a tall seat but a short window. We've found that with the 360 adjustable one it eliminates all those problems. I can even adjust it shorter on my side and my dad can adjust it taller on his side since he is taller.

If you have the opportunity I would recommend going to a store to see if they have some on display, (I'm guessing you already thought of that but it never hurts to share extra info).

Good luck!

JHasty likes this.
  5. OfficerX

OfficerX Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Maybe tax returns will help convince the number 1 :lol:

JHasty likes this.
  6. JHasty

JHasty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Lol not going to hold my breath I think she already has plans for them

OfficerX likes this.