**Official Scorecard Commentary Thread**

Discussion in '2018 Deer Contest' started by Brad Kaufmann, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Chago

Chago Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I hate to be that guy. But is anyone looking at these score entry? I'm not questioning honesty. I just see lots of errors and the scores are stilll being entered. The 2 pics with bow rule, I've seen 3 or 4 entered with no second pic. I've seen one where the guy put 101 and 5/8 at the top and that's what was entered. But his scoresheet clearly states 95/78. And it's even totalled up himself. Another guy has a 10 point with G5 scores. Again I'm not trying to be the measurement police. I respect everyone in this is being honest. I just think no one is policing the errors.

2. slickbilly-d

slickbilly-d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yes! For the integrity of the contest! It’s won’t be nearly as fun if people aren’t playing by the rules. They’re probably honest mistakes, but still, they need corrected. Next thing you know, somebody’s going to be entering a 180” eight point with a 14” spread. “Oh, I hit multiply instead of add”

3. airenlow

airenlow Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This is what I've noticed so far...
    dcaldwell-2nd bow pic and score
    Chad law-2nd bow pic
    EvoldedWhitetailSolutions-score

slickbilly-d likes this.
  4. smctitan

smctitan Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yes there seems to be some discrepancies in addition in at least one deer that I can see.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

5. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I can understand missing a bow pic. But come on guys. I'm looking at some of these bucks and they are not even close to the score recorded. I noticed 3 bucks that need to be reviewed. But the booner nut sack is not one.

6. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Scoring is always an issue honestly....I think it ALWAYS boils down to one of these things or all of them:

-Way too excited and do it way too fast
    -Don't do it more than once, always do it twice with the first scorecard not visible during second measuring
    -Guys' think they need to wag a bigger tally wacker...er I mean...score for some kind of manhood issue and add a .25 inches to EVERYTHING
    -Dudes just flat don't know what they're doing and are too prideful to ask for help

Shoot...my buck, I've scored it 3 times and still don't trust myself or believe myself. I uploaded the scorecard, but am going to see if an official scorer comes in close to that before locking it in.

7. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    I would also stress I feel if you are a captain your team's scores should be something you just look over and see if it makes sense or looks right to you as well...little bit of a filter on something that some just don't fully understand.

**If ever any doubt I always say just find a scorer and take it to them...I'm doing that tomorrow despite scoring mine now 4 different times all coming within less of an inch of eachother.

8. camo75

camo75 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    An idea to solve this issue:

Make up a poll and list all teams 1-27. Allow every member the chance to enter a teams number if they feel there is an issue with a score. If a certain team gets quite a few votes, then it is apparent that many are suggesting an error and that team is responsible for proving the score to be accurate.
    If any member is asked to provide better detail of their score, and they are playing honestly, then they shouldn’t care or get upset over it.
    Only someone who was knowingly bumping their score up would have a problem with it. If your score is entered honestly, you would have no problem providing the proof.

Just a thought...

9. Bone Head Hunter

Bone Head Hunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Just a reminder... Bow needs to be in two pictures Ty! Lol

dnoodles and tynimiller like this.
  10. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I think your mistake was measuring the inside spread at 60"....

11. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    LMAO!!!!!

CoveyMaster likes this.
  12. Chago

Chago Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Your all way ahead of me. I agree with ways of making sure deer are measured fairly. But we are not even there yet lol. We have no 2 bow pics, contradicting scores in the same post and 10 pointer G5 scores lol. Let's fix those first.

13. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Hang on....seriously there is a G5 score on a 10? 100% has to be an honest mistake no?

Just checked the team thread dude knows and is correcting. Unlike many in the past he seems cool and isn't getting mad about the correction

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
    foodplot19 and TheHardWoods913 like this.
  14. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    I am having issue with photobucket so just uploaded a few more as thumbnails, good looking out Bone!

Bone Head Hunter likes this.
  15. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks man. I appreciate that. To be honest, there's a big deer that I've been chasing for 3 years. I killed a really nice tall 8pt in 2016 and that bucked walked right under me one week later. I was tagged out until Rifle season started the next week. I hunted that big buck all season last year and ended up eating tag soup because of it. This year, I've had him on camera a few times but this guy gave me a great show. Now, I've got a month to wait before I get to start chasing that big boy again. I'm super happy with him, it was an awesome hunt.

camo75 and tynimiller like this.
  16. Wiscohunter

Wiscohunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Whats with measuring tip to tip spread, inside spread, and widest spread? Do you add up all three of those measurements then? I thought it was just inside spread that is usually counted towards gross score?

17. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If you look at his score card, he is missing the 3rd and 4th circumference measurements on one side. I feel like someone must have informed him that you get those measurements even thought that buck doesn't have a G3 or G4.

18. Chago

Chago Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Oh I'm not calling foul play. I know it's just errors. Which he is fixing.

On another note I just saw a deer that has scores wider inside spread, more mass and longer tines and main beam then my 189" deer from last year. But it isn't even close based on pics. I'll stop being the police. To each their own I guess.

MUDSHARK and slickbilly-d like this.
  19. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:

Is the deer you speak of mine? I am only asking because there isn't another deer I suspect you could be meaning. I finally got an actual scorer on mine yesterday and he got 175 even green gross. Gonna be picking up scoresheet tomorrow curious to see what I missed or did wrong on mine that got 173. I did not trust my figures given all the junk and abnormal stuff he had growing.

20. Chago

Chago Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Not at all brother. You have a sick deer and I eyeballed it around 170. Congrats. The deer I'm suggesting should be quite obvious.