Sizing on Sitka gear

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by jrk_indle84, Sep 30, 2018.

1. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Had to break down and buy some new hunting clothes and like title says went with sitka. Was able to pick up jacket locally but they didn't habe size needed for pants. They had pair of 34R tried on but that was a no go. So guess question is how does the fit run compaired to jeqn sizes? Wear a 36x36 jean and was thinking of goin with the 36 tall pants. Stuff i had before was under armour and had to jump to 38 pant for the waist but dont want to go off that not knowing much about sitka. Jacket I went with is the equinox but dont really care if pants are same or not if that matters. Plan is to pick up what need now for early to mid season and if need be get late season gear later.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2. Jake/PA

Jake/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Check their sizing chart on the website. Most inseams are a half inch longer than what is listed. I haven't noticed any difference in sizing though. I wear medium clothes day to day and wear medium in sitka as well.

TheHardWoods913 likes this.
  3. davidingle

davidingle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    When I wore the ascent pants they were pretty true to size

4. jrk_indle84

Dislikes Received:
    Yea I've been checking their sizing and did the measurments they had. Kinda fall right on edge of 36 pants so will go with 38 to be safe and for layering. Now just gotta figure out which ones. Usually do little more research on new gear so know exactly what want but kinda impulse buyed into sitka.

Thansk fellas, I hate ordering clothes online if not familiar with them. Most what been reading everyone says either pretty true to size or they've ordered up one size. They had the fanatic or maybe fanatic lite bibs where got coat but I'm not really a fan of bibs. But maybe shoulda tried them on too.

5. TheHardWoods913

TheHardWoods913 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    For me the pants seem to be a true fit as well as my next to skin base layers as I want them snug, but I always size up on the jackets, hoody's and vests.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
  6. TheHardWoods913

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not a big guy, I'm 5"8 160 lbs and I wear all medium base layers, medium pants or bibs and large hoody's, jackets & vest. Hope this all helps! They also have their normal sizes available in "Tall" options. If you go to their website you'll see the option in sizing just has the letter "T" after it f that helps you any.

7. Jake/PA

Jake/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The one thing I do size up in is the fanatic bib and jacket. I have thicker lower body so I find that the medium in those is a little too tight after putting on my base layer and insulation. I still wear medium in the stratus bibs and pants, though.

8. buckeyehntr5

buckeyehntr5 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I went with actual sizing on the light weight clothing and a size larger on the cold weather clothing for layering purpose. I did go with a size larger on the fanatic hoodie (wear LG and bought XL). I don't like super tight base layers and I plan on using it more as an outer in the early season with a base layer underneath for when it gets cooler.

9. TheHardWoods913

Dislikes Received:
    Same here, it'll get you well into the season from my experience so far with it. Wear it with my base layers underneath and when it gets more mild I throw the Stratus vest over it.

10. jrk_indle84

Dislikes Received:
    Thats what I did with what I vout other day. Normally wear xl but went with 2xl for layering when the temps get cooler. Gonna run into town tonight after work and try in the bibs they have and maybe that'll give good idea on what i need. Might go a head and pick up pair if got something rnd up liking.

As far as the tall or regular I'm hoping trying on the bibs tonight will solve that. Im 6'2 and around 240-250 abd have seen different takes on the tall or regular sizing.

But again thanks for the help guys. Hopefully get ut figured out, plan isn't really to worry bout top layer and just use what i have and get some base layer later and pick up one of the vest if need be.

11. jrk_indle84

Dislikes Received:
    Ended up goin with the fanatic lite bibs they had here locally. Was able to try on L and XL. Large fit good but was worried bout being able to layer mostly in chest midsection area because had shoulder straps maxed on length. But I'm all set.

Thanks again for help everyone.