Why I hold viking fans in contempt.

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Sota, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I told my son who is 22 at Lambeau that he is a grown man now, college graduate, good job, getting married next year, time to stop wearing a jersey. I work with a guy who wears a jersey every friday of the season he tucks the jersey into his pants. Even fellow viking fans laugh at him behind his back. I also don't get people that wear costumes to a football game see a fair amount of that in Green Bay I just think what a rube.

2. Schultzy

Schultzy Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You're definitely an ass when it comes to Vikings talk. Don't paint with such a broad brush though. I go to my share of Minnesota Wild games and some of the biggest pricks I've had encounters with have been fans from the Winnipeg Jets. More then once I've stood toe to toe telling a jackass to back off when he's spouting very very rude stuff in front of my daughter and her friends that I've brought with. Nothing has came about it yet but only because they've shut their mouths. Nothing wrong with a good ribbing here and there but it should end there. I've always been one to congratulate another team on great play. I'm not a bad sport although I have no problem ripping any pro sports team that has it coming that I cheer for. Being a Minnesota pro sports fan is sooooooooooo hard!!! So much disappointment with our sports teams. Thank god for the Twins I guess back in '87 and '91.

3. w33kender

w33kender Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I haven't been to many MLB ballparks, but I must say Atlanta Braves fans are a friendly bunch. I know it's not a very passionate sports town in the eyes of many, but maybe that's just code for less buttheads per capita than other sports towns.

4. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Baseball fans are not typically that rabid or worked up, kinda mello. Then again post season baseball is so intense so different than regular season.

w33kender likes this.
  5. jackflap

jackflap Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    You’ve never been to a Yankees /Red Sox or Yankees/Mets game.....

But I get your point.

6. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I am a Minnesota sports fan and it is not even painful anymore you have to have low expectations. I wonder who will get fired first Thibbs or Molitor? I won't rant about the Mild and their gutless first round playoff asskickings they treat us to every season.

Schultzy likes this.
  7. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Never will either.

8. w33kender

w33kender Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Some of us fans are just nuts, jack. Me, for example. I still have a #54 Dallas Cowboys jersey from the '80's, when HOF Randy White held down the right defensive tackle position. And I have six tattoos of Slayer regalia, including the band members themselves. Sports or heavy metal...it's a lifestyle for many fans. We're strange; you won't find a single sticker on my truck's windows but my body is covered with permanent advertisements. We're an odd idiosyncratic irrational bunch.

And mankind is tribal about brands, too. From vehicles to clothing to craft beer to compound bows to rifle and shotgun makers...

But I'd never be rude to a 'Skins or 'Steelers or Metallica fan. Who I like doesn't make you an enemy of mine.

9. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

So, you are saying that Rogers is/will be a cast off? :evilgrin:

10. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    No unlike that other QB he will retire a Packer.