Team 11 Elevated Affair

Discussion in '2018 Deer Contest' started by AaronB, Aug 13, 2018.

1. MIHOYT89

MIHOYT89 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck to you sir, keep us posted!

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

LittleChief likes this.
  2. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I'm very disappointed in the lack of movement in this spot this morning.

Well, the season is young. They'll show up eventually.

3. IH122

IH122 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    18 more days and they seem to be passing slower and longer everyday......this is rediculious waiting. Got 1 more spot to visit this weekend to mark out a few spots then should be ready for season.

4. AaronB

AaronB Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Been fortunate to have an extended period of drying weather and the water has receded significantly. Still wet but much more manageable. Mosquitos are unbearable, but feeling more optimistic.

MIHOYT89 likes this.
  5. MIHOYT89

MIHOYT89 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I definitely feel like I’m behind on the game this year. I recently had a new string put on my bow and bought my yearly dozen arrows. I have shot the Easton axis for around 8-10 years and I am not pleased with them this year at all. After maybe 20-30 shots on all of the arrows at least half of them are beginning to flake and chip at the tip. I called my bow shop and he was willing to make up 12 arrows of my choice at NO charge and send them to me since his shop is an hour away from my house. I decided to go with Beman ICS precision hunters. They are the same gpi as my axis 340s, just a little bigger diameter. Does anyone have any experience with these specific arrows. It has been years since I have shot Beman, I’m just hoping for a better outcome then the axis.

6. Buckeye Bowhunter

Buckeye Bowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My season opens the 29th here in Ohio. The second weekend of the season I’m hunting public land a couple hours south. My brother and I went out to a local public marsh area and found some good spots for early season. Found some bur oaks that are dropping acorns and found good trails and some doe bedding areas. I’m gonna be using a saddle this year for the first time so that’ll make it easier to find good trees along the marsh edges to set up in. IMG_6994.JPG

2018 Team 1 Turkey Contest
    Elite Tempo 34
    Gold Tip Valkyrie 340

pastorjim08 likes this.
  7. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I'm an Indiana boy but I'll be hunting Ohio in November. I've hunted over there the last couple of years and saw some great bucks. Good luck to you teammate!

Blessings..........Pastorjim

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

8. Lastoneout

Lastoneout Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hey gents been getting ready for VA opener on the 6th. I’ve acquired about 30 some acres more in private land in the form of 5-7 ac semi rural neighborhood backyards... absolutely loaded with deer prolly some decent bucks running around too. I am gonna continue to knock on doors to include some bigger farms it’s hard starting from scratch in a new area again!! I also hung a stand in my backyard I had some 120ish bucks cruising through last October / November so we will see. I will prolly hunt public land until late October don’t wanna pressure any deer on my private props until the time is right. It’s tough cause I got some serious killing to make up but I also have a lot of wall space that needs to be filled ! Lol I may try another MD hunt or two prior to the 6th weather and time permitting but that’ll most likely be on public land I’ve never seen before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IH122, AaronB and pastorjim08 like this.
  9. AaronB

AaronB Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well the WI opener came and went for me this past weekend. High temps and ravenous mosquitos as well as taking my son on the youth duck hunt kept me out of the stand. Let me just say that Thermacells are worth their weight in gold. I've used one in the past bowhunting when the mosquitos have been present and it always worked well, but really put it to the test this weekend duck hunting in a marsh. It was like there were no mosquitos at all. Amazing! They do give off a faint odor, but I've never had a negative experience using one while bowhunting.

Cooler weather expected for the coming week/weekend so hopefully will make it out one night at least. The only problem is if I actually shoot a deer, I'm not sure I could bare the gutting and dragging out with the mosquitos without the meat tasting like deet! :)

I'll give an update from the stand if I make it out!

IH122 likes this.
  10. MIHOYT89

MIHOYT89 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It is fast approaching for the rest of us too. Good luck if you do get out! The weather is supposed to turn pretty soon here in sw Michigan, mid to high 60s low 70s which is bearable especially since my dad and invested in a walk-in cooler. Hopefully you can get out so we can all vicariously live through you for a couple weeks!

11. MIHOYT89

MIHOYT89 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Image1537391900.179418.jpg Image1537391927.994214.jpg

Well guys I am finally ready for the season! I am very pleased with my new Beman precision hunters. I was able to fine tune everything today after work and the Hoyt is shooting lasers out to 60 (pictured), come on October 1!!

AaronB and IH122 like this.
  12. AaronB

AaronB Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Pretty certain I will be in the stand for the first time tomorrow or Sunday. Weather finally cooling off and hopefully that will keep the mosquitos knocked down somewhat at least. Deer should be moving after the 25-40 mph NW winds today. Favorable winds for me tomorrow and Sunday. Might also go musky fishing one of those two days on Green Bay so should be a good weekend!

IH122, MIHOYT89 and pastorjim08 like this.
  13. Kyle Sinclair-Smith

Kyle Sinclair-Smith Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, hope things are going well for everyone. I just finished up 10 days of elk, mule deer and white tail guiding. We had some close calls and some missed opportunities but couldnt seal the deal on a bull. Here are some picts of what we were after.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

14. AaronB

AaronB Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    B8F923C4-FE9C-4549-B68C-84BE88C00EDE.jpeg D675516F-A5EA-4DFA-A326-EA111219FFD2.jpeg Locked n Knocked.....first sit of 2018

pastorjim08 likes this.
  15. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  16. MIHOYT89

MIHOYT89 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    IH122 likes this.
  17. AaronB

AaronB Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Had a great weekend as anticipated. Unfortunately only saw one doe dawn on my sit on Saturday night. That’s a really slow night on my property. Not sure if they’ve resumed their pre flood patterns yet as my camera activity was way down as well.

Decided to fish muskies on Sunday after church so made the trip with a buddy to Green Bay. Lost a good fish right away and caught a decent pike later in the day.

Cool weather pattern continues here in WI. Might be able to get out for a weeknight sit or two this week if I can get out of work at a decent time. Good luck to everyone with seasons starting shortly!

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
  18. buckjeezy

buckjeezy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Less than a week til game time! Yay!

IH122 likes this.
  19. IH122

IH122 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm starting to loose sleep at night waiting for the opener, really looking forward to it. However, I am not looking forward to dealing with all the gung ho early seasoners on public land ....:(

20. Buckeye Bowhunter

Buckeye Bowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ohio opens up on Saturday. I’m headed out on private to see if I can fill a doe tag. Saving my public hunting for the 2nd weekend of season. Ohio is obviously a 1 buck state but this year we’re only allowed 1 doe on public, and none after gun season.

2018 Team 1 Turkey Contest
    Elite Tempo 34
    Gold Tip Valkyrie 340