NJ Bowhunters

Discussion in 'Northeast' started by wandering archer, Sep 12, 2018.

1. wandering archer

wandering archer Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Is anyone else getting excited for the Deer Season? This will be my first full season since getting stationed in NJ. I will be restricted to hunting on base property and maybe public lands. Anyone have any tips to hunting in NJ?

2. wandering archer

wandering archer Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Also I was wondering if there was anyone that would mind answering some NJ specific hunting regulation questions? I am confused about some of the rules.

3. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Post them up....Ill answer them wrong and inevitably someone will correct me.

4. wandering archer

wandering archer Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I am understanding the rules right that you can only take one buck across all of the bow season's?

5. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yup there can be only one. But I bet you can kill another during gun( with purchasing the gun tag ) and use your bow. That is what I do in NY Screenshot_20180912-075859.jpeg

6. wandering archer

wandering archer Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Luckily where I hunt I can take as many does as I want.

7. Devil Horns

Devil Horns Newb

Dislikes Received:
    You can kill one buck during the fall bow season. Fall bow ends on 10/26.

Permit bow begins on 10/27. You will have to buy a permit specific to the deer management zone you will be hunting. You can also buy a buck tag for the permit bow season.

Winter bow begins on 1/1/19 and you are allowed another buck. You will need to purchase your 2019 hunting license for winter bow.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. wandering archer

wandering archer Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Regulation set for #37
    Fall Bow Season: Sept. 29–Oct. 26, 2018; Bag limit: unlimited antlerless deer and ONE antlered deer. Two deer may be taken at one time.

Permit Bow Season: Oct. 27–Dec. 24 and 26–31, 2018; Bag limit: unlimited antlerless deer. In addition, hunters who purchase an Antlered Buck Bow Permit may harvest ONE antlered deer. A total of 330 permits are available for Zone 37. Two deer may be taken at one time.

Six-day Firearm Season: Dec. 3–8, 2018; Bag limit: two antlered deer. However, if a hunter harvests two antlered deer, they forfeit the opportunity to harvest an antlered deer during the Permit Shotgun Season. Only one buck may be taken at a time.

Permit Muzzleloader Season: Nov. 26–30 and Dec. 1, 10–24 and 26–31, 2018 and Jan. 2–5, 2019; Bag limit: two deer; one may be antlered only for hunters who purchase an Antlered Buck Muzzleloader Permit. A total of 480 permits are available for Zone 37.

Permit Shotgun Season: Dec. 22, 24 and 26, 2018; Bag limit: two deer, one may be antlered only for hunters who purchase an Antlered Buck Shot-gun Permit. However, for hunters who harvest two antlered deer during the Six-day Firearm Season, the bag limit in the Permit Shotgun Season is restricted to two antlerless deer only. A total of 100 permits are available for Zone 37.

Winter Bow Season: Jan. 2–Feb. 16, 2019; Bag limit: unlimited antlerless deer and ONE antlered deer. Two deer may be taken at one time.

9. alenhard15

alenhard15 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This!!! Jersey hunting is great, they let you kill a few deer and you can hunt one Sunday!!

Adam
    Matthews Z7 Magnum 29/70
    Gold Tip Hunter XT
    100g Slick Trick Standard