Team 16 - The Xtreme Dirt Nap Boyz

Discussion in '2018 Deer Contest' started by Bronson, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Good morning fellas! Sorry I've been tardy as of late. Spent a few days chasing speed goats in Wyoming with Mr. DeCroo and his posse but was unable to connect. Day 1 I nicked the blind on an 18 yard chip shot, then bottom of the 9th on the last morning I skimmed one off the belly of a nice buck at 45 yards. Just couldn't seem to catch a break! Had a blast though. Can't wait to get back next year. If you guys are looking for a great Western hunt that won't break the bank and you'll see an absolute PILE of animals an antelope hunt is the way to go.

Anywho - if nobody else wants to step up to be Captain I'll assume the duties. I'm generally on here every day during work hours anyways.

overactor, bry2211, R22 and 2 others like this.
  2. Blarney22

Blarney22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds like you still had a blast. It's on my bucket list to get after an antelope with my bow some day.
    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

3. HuntinKB51

HuntinKB51 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Justin for taking on the captain duties! If I had at least a year under my belt in the contest I would have gladly stepped up and taken on being captain. So let's have some fun and win this one! Now how about a name? I like your original thought of Xtreme Buck Slayer Coalition or Xtreme Dirt Nap Boyz. Any other ideas out there? Sounds like you had a good hunt. Great experience, not always about the killing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

4. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I had a blast in Wyoming with JZ and the guys.JZ is right, you will see apile of animals and Bighorn Outfitters is a must do if you ever want to chase antelope. Mule deer, elk and whitetails for the matter. I like Xtreme Dirt Nap Boyz of the two.

5. Bronson

Bronson Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ok so I stepped up and ordered a fourth arrow arm and upgraded my camera, way upgraded (dont tell my wife)! Funny how seeing a big deer makes you spend money! Maybe that buck is my momma's way of sending me a sign. I set out a few more cameras and will be checking them this weekend. Hopefully I'll get some shots of him. I've been watching the fields from the farm driveway but haven't seen him. However there is an awesome 10 point around 165 out there that I would be hard pressed to pass even after seeing that giant. Who am I kidding, if I see that giant one time while in the stand I'll have tunnel vision the rest of the season! Got a great surprise this weekend though, my hunting buddy (you know the one who stole the world record from me) daughter came in for a visit from Germany! I appreciate her service to our country but dang I miss hearing her and my daughter in the house! Can these dog days of summer go any slower?!!! Y'all have a blessed week!

C0wb0yChris and HuntinKB51 like this.
  6. C0wb0yChris

C0wb0yChris Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Can't wait to see those deer pictures Bronson!

Dove season comes in on Saturday for NC and I will continue the tradition by bringing in the seasons with a little dove hunting. If yall have never been dove hunting, I would highly recommend trying it! If yall think bowhunting is challenging, dove season will both help humble any seasoned shooter and help focus/control shot placement. Having a little softball sized bird fly by you at 55 mph is a blast!

As for the update on my deer season plans, I have 3 cameras out on public right now in ( I hope ) areas that buck should frequent during early season so I can get a good inventory of what is exactly there. I haven't even step foot on our private farm this year so I'm a little behind in regards to finding what oaks are producing this year at that farm. But deer patterns are fairly consistent there so i'm confident I can get on a deer early/mid/later season there.

Hope everyone's preseason is going well too! I CAN'T WAIT FOR COOLER TEMPS.

SharpEyeSam likes this.
  7. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

Awesome Chris. I am looking forward to trying dove hunting one day. Have fun buddy!

8. bry2211

bry2211 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I’m on the road headed to KY for the season opener. This time tomorrow I’ll be in the stand!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

overactor likes this.
  9. HuntinKB51

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

bry2211 likes this.
  10. C0wb0yChris

Dislikes Received:
    Any luck?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11. C0wb0yChris

Dislikes Received:
    Bow season opens this Saturday for NC. I can’t wait! Trying to sort out exactly what the wind will be and where I want to hunt

overactor and HuntinKB51 like this.
  12. bry2211

bry2211 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I didn’t connect this weekend. It was a lot of fun but exhausting. Getting stands hung in 90 degree weather in the hills of KY is no joke. They have hollers there!

My uncle had an opportunity at a doe and was going to take it but she has a little one with her and she still has spots then momma started cleaning the baby. He didn’t have the heart to pull the trigger. I don’t blame him.

We started a relationship with the owner of the cabin we stayed in that will be very beneficial down the road and started a new tradition. We will be back down sometime this year.

C0wb0yChris, Blarney22 and HuntinKB51 like this.
  13. Russ morton

Russ morton Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hello TEAM 16,
    I was informed by Brad that I have been assigned to your team as an alternate.

overactor and Blarney22 like this.
  14. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome aboard Russ! Glad to have you as part of the baddest ass, deer-killingest bunch of guys on this forum.

We got 5 inches of rain or so over the weekend so needless to say I didn't do much in the way of hunting prep. Did manage to check a couple trail cameras on Sunday but nothing exciting to report. My "main" farm has a pile of young deer on it this year but only one deer that's 4 years old. He's probably in the 145"-150" range so he's worth chasing but nothing that I'm super excited about.

Hoping to get out next Sunday to my lease for a final mowing of the alfalfa/clover/chicory plot and one last trail camera check before the season comes.

The weekend after that I'll be up in WI trying out some public land hunting for a couple days. Hoping to have the opportunity to at least put a doe on the ground early season. We'll see how that goes.

bry2211, HuntinKB51 and C0wb0yChris like this.
  15. HuntinKB51

Dislikes Received:
  16. Blarney22

Dislikes Received:
    What county will you be public land hunting in WI Justin?

17. Russ morton

Russ morton Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have some good young ones running around.
    upload_2018-9-4_11-22-14.jpeg

18. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Still debating exactly where we want to go. It will either be Rock, Green, Lafayette or Iowa. Looking to get us some of them CWD-positive deer. I hear they're easier to kill and taste great.

boof and Blarney22 like this.
  19. Blarney22

Dislikes Received:

Close to home, makes sense. Come get all the CWD deer you want, we have plenty.

20. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    What part of WI are you in?