Team Nine Tines

Discussion in '2018 Deer Contest' started by bowhunter628, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Excalibur

Excalibur Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    hunterman927 likes this.
  2. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This buck finally showed back up last night. This is the 3rd year I've gotten pics of him. He was at least a 4.5 year old the first year, so he's so least 6.5 this year. I could have killed him as a 4.5 year old but I had already punched my tag the week before on a buck I call Tallboy. Hopefully he gives me another chance.[​IMG]

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

3. Excalibur

Excalibur Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That is so awesome kicker. He is a brute.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

Skywalker likes this.
  4. Skywalker

Dislikes Received:
    You know how some bucks just seem to pose for your camera, well this guy doesn't do it very often. It's been a challenge to get good trail cam pics of him. He always seem to be moving. Here's the best pics I've gotten of him over the last three seasons. He's always been a stud, but man he looks good this year.

2016 Dozer.JPG
    2016 Dozer1.JPG

2017 Dozer.JPG
    2017 Dozer1.JPG

2018 Dozer.JPG
    2018 Dozer1.JPG

5. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    We finally got some rain on Friday so Saturday morning I got up raked the thin spots in the plot and put down a clover mix, I ran to the feed mill to get more seed but decided to seed the rest Sunday morning. Wake up Saturday night to a gully washer so the seed all washed down to the lower end of the plot. Kinda ticks a guy off. I have to get the plot reseeded and the fence up before Sunday.

6. hunterman927

hunterman927 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I’m getting real excited! This Saturday marks the opening of hunting seasons. I love chasing those little flying filet mignons! But it also means I’m one month away for bow season. I feel like a kid in a candy shop right now.

7. Brad Kaufmann

Brad Kaufmann Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, who's the team captain and has everyone checked in?

8. hunterman927

Dislikes Received:
    I’m Captain and yes, we’re all checked in:tu:

9. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Well the clover seed was not a total wash, there are some clumps of sprouts but most of it did not need to be reseeded. I still have to mow part and will rake and over seed that but I am optimistic that I will have a nice clover stand that will last me a couple weeks. I have not bothered to check the chip there are more acorns on the ground than I have ever seen before. I won't hunt till the end of October season opens the second Saturday of September but I wait for prime time.

Skywalker and hunterman927 like this.
  10. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I was a little concerned over the weekend when I was mowing there were apples all over the ground under one tree. I have never had to clean up apples under the trees the deer always have cleaned them up. Must have been the bumper crop of acorns this year. Well when I went to go out the back door there were a dozen does and fawns under the apple tree. Going to be good bonus tag meat this year fat does from all the acorns.

Skywalker likes this.
  11. nsuthoff

nsuthoff Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good news! Watched one of the main crop fields I hunt last night that has had a solid 140" buck in it regularly. There have also been several 120-130 inch bucks in it but I've really been watching one buck in particular. Well, I saw him tonight and he has really exploded in the past few weeks. He's easily 135-140! Very distinctive buck with huge crab claws. 2 and a half weeks and he won't be safe anymore!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

12. Skywalker

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like the bucks might be out looking for their fall ranges here. I had several bucks come through last night on my cell cam. My target buck, and a couple other quality bucks so things are starting to look a little better here.

13. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I was over at a friends house the other night talking deer I think I am going to hunt at early season at a spot away from where I usually hunt during the rut. I have a doe that has been wearing a wire necklace for 2 years and she is smart as smart as any buck I have watched from the stand. I am pretty sure where she beds, and her travel path I think I will have a better chance putting an arrow thru her away from the food plot.

14. Skywalker

Dislikes Received:
    Got a chance to watch that stud buck for about 5 minutes last night. He came out right behind the house with another nice buck. They milled around and munched on Hedge tree leaves until the neighbor pulled up in my driveway. Got my blood pumping for sure!

15. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Rained last night on some more clover seed I put down.

16. bowhunter628

bowhunter628 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm ready to get out in the woods for this long weekend ahead. I will be setting some cameras in a new location that I am somewhat familiar with. Haven't hunted the area in about 5 years now but it has potential to be a big buck producer. Gonna also head to my number 1 early season spot to figure out the best tree to put my stand in. I'll be setting up along side a large swamp where there is a trail about 2 feet wide that is traveled daily. Hopefully the thermacell I recently purchased keeps the mosquitos from making to big of a meal out of me.

hunterman927 likes this.
  17. hunterman927

Dislikes Received:
    Did some wing shooting this weekend, got a few birds but now it’s time to get serious about October!
    5C18126A-3FAC-47B9-889B-6535726D5329.jpeg

Went up and checked cameras. Pretty much the same. But the food plot is coming in decent for zero rain since I put it out. I just need some rain lol. Small section of it.
    553673C2-655F-4331-BBDF-3CA3F2EA8453.jpeg

18. Chad law

Chad law Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Heard I was an alternate and got placed on this team???

hunterman927 likes this.
  19. Skywalker

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome to the team. Tell us a little about yourself.

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

20. Chad law

Chad law Newb

Dislikes Received:
    ED45EEA9-CB6B-4919-B876-36BB0FF25E79.jpeg AFE9DA84-8F96-4DDF-B197-9334C8975D24.jpeg 1453F4FA-CE76-4833-8CA3-6DA0FE97F44C.jpeg I hope everyone is doing well! Me and my family has owned a deer lure company for years. BuckMaker Scents. Had it in about 200 stores at one time! Can only find us on Facebook any more. It was my turn to take it over and life kinda happened with 2 kids and a wife. I make to much to let this job go to chase a dream right now at the moment. I e hunted my whole like! My dad has always hunted and is an old timer and only hunted for himself not worried what anyone else thinks. He has (hundreds of racks) and has hunted since deer got introduced back in Georgia in the 70s!!!!! I’ll add a pic of him holding a 140’ 8pt he killed a few years ago and only Europeon mounted him. But here are a few I’m after this year. Also added a few we have killed in the past and a picture of the state record a guy killed using our scent in 2012

Attached Files:

Swampstomper and Excalibur like this.