Packs

Discussion in 'Big Game Hunting' started by Csubucs76, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Csubucs76

Csubucs76 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'm from georgia and I am planning a trip out west for elk. I was planning on carrying camp on my back. What kind of packs are out there that will allow me to carry all my gear plus an elk quarter? Thanks. Also any other tips would be greatly appreciated. Uncharted waters for myself and huntin buddies

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Mystery Ranch, kifaru, Exo, Stone Glacier and Seek outside ...are the top of heap for load hauling huhting packs.

3. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Solid list. My short list for my next pack are 3 of those 5 (exo, kifaru, stone glacier).

I have a horn hunter full curl at present, which works, but it's a heavier pack (empty) that I think would benefit from a wider belt and some weight loss, mods.

trial153 likes this.
  4. jstephens61

jstephens61 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hi, my name is Jim and I’m a pack Junkie. Have several, more than 12. Picked up the EXO K3500 last fall. It came down to the Mystery Ranch Metcalf and the EXO. I chose the K3500 because of the number of pockets, mainly the side ones for spotting scopes. Best pack I’ve ever owned.
    Look around and try some on. Nice thing about a high end pack, if you sell it, you won’t take a beating.

5. Oldcarp

Oldcarp Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My son has the EXO and he really likes it. I really like it because he packs in most the gear while I fallow along with my smaller Eberlestock Pack. We do a base camp and have a spike camp only a couple miles in.

6. jstephens61

jstephens61 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Oldcarp, I do love my Eberlestock X2! It’s been my go to pack for years. It’s just not thepack to haul 50# of cargo. Also have a J107, love the rifle scabbard on that thing but no load lifters.