dnoodles & company | Team 4

Discussion in '2018 Deer Contest' started by dnoodles, Aug 13, 2018.

1. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Are you all ready?

I'm not...but getting there. I tuned my bow last weekend, got it shooting bullet holes at 30 with the 605gr Pile Drivers. Then last night I got all my Victory RIP .204s finished up with HIT inserts and QuikFletch, they're coming in at 490gr which for deer is about perfect, IMHO. The next 3 weeks are going to be crazy busy; my wife's getting ready to go on another deployment in early September (civilian side now) so I need to spend all the time I can with her.

Hope I can squeeze in some time at the only "local" outdoor range that extends out past 4o yards so I can get the FastEddie all dialed in....if not I may have to take my backup Mission Ballistic out opening weekend as that's already all set up. Not optimal but once I get past opening weekend (Sept 15) then I will have 3 weeks of bachelordom before my next trip to get 100% ready.

2. adam89

adam89 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm about as ready as I can be been shooting since early June pretty dialed in

3. heartstopper

heartstopper Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I’m not even close I have only shot about 5 times so far. But soon it will cool down and have a little more time

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

4. Nice trial cam pics

5. tca126

tca126 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Looking for a new pack. I currently have a badlands Superday that I bought to use in Colorado and thought it would work well here. It’s to big and bulky for what i need it for. I primarily hunt out of tree stands and ground blinds in Southwest PA and OH. Looking for a pack i can easily lash some heavy layers to later in the season. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. I'm using a field
    I'm using a fieldline pro series pack. It holds a water pack and carriers gun , bow pouch, I use to carry my hunting stool. Nice size pack to carry what you may need. In a compact size.

7. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Good news, I officially drew for the Tower city hunt. Now I can shoot up to 4 does without burning my buck tag! :tu:

Time to fill the freezer!!

dnoodles likes this.
  8. turkish621

turkish621 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Fitz, how does that work with the city hunt? Your bag limit does not fall under the normal limit for zone 177/176?

9. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:

did I miss something? Are you on Team 4? You are welcome to lurk; I'm just trying to clarify.

10. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    First rule of lurking....only speak when your talking $hit

Fitz and dnoodles like this.
  11. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    check out the ALPz Outdoorz line...I have one that converts from a decent-sized day pack into a fanny pack (w/ or w/o shoulder harness.) Called the Pathfinder. I originally bought it for elk in 2013 and I use the heck out of it. No holes in the fabric and not a single seam, buckle, or zipper has gone bad and it has some miles on it. I believe it's technically water resistant although I've never had it soak through. I regularly drop it down from my treestand and it's never complained.

When it's in the full pack mode it has an exterior lashing system that works well for quarters or you can strap your bow in tight for long walks in/out.

http://www.alpsoutdoorz.com/products/packs/hunting-packs/pathfinder

12. Didn't know I had to be on a team or a click click club too talk on here. If that is the case. I will be on my way, and delete this sight.

13. You asked me a question so I answered it. Tc

14. You must be what smells then

15. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yes, there you go.....but you use their team thread to talk $hit to THEM not other ppl. Silly Matt halon (That shoots a Triax) lol
    Ok sorry to hijake your team thread guys good luck getting second place :nana:

dnoodles likes this.
  16. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    I would like to both like and dislike your post. I'd post something clever but I am only on coffee#1 for the day. Until then, go Fix yourself. :bash: 2nd place, pshaw. Apparently you didn't see that we have the baddest woodsman in the North. Fitz will stack up the does with one hand and fight off wolves with the other. And film it all with his bare feet, whilst narrating in the calmest most soothing voice known to mankind.

well, that escalated quick. I was asking a serious question and no offense was intended. Some teams are getting add-ons and didn't know if you were one of them; and if you weren't an add-on you were welcome to follow the thread and post if you had something to add.

17. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Bahahahaha... good old fitz the man the myth the legend

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
  18. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I'm in Zone 118 typically. The Tower hunt is considered an "Intensive" Zone, so I can use up to 4 bonus tags there. My primary tag too if I shoot a buck there or a 5th doe :tu:

peakrut likes this.
  19. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    LOL, you mean "Notorious".

Knocks a camera into the lake, wounds does and hasn't shot a buck since '09, yet somehow is on BHOD?!? :confused:

20. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    it's not what you know, it's who you know!

Kidding aside, I am curious as to how you got hooked into the BHOD crew when they are up in Algonquin and you are up...next door to Santa Claus.
    I've been a member since 2012 and I've always wondered that.

Anyhow, no bucks since '09 just means you're due. Me too, for that matter. Not as bad, but I am due for a decent buck for sure.