Green as hell...coming at you from Southern California!!

Discussion in 'Introductions - New User Forum' started by aaronschiada, Aug 23, 2018.

1. aaronschiada

aaronschiada Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hey everyone! I just bought my first bow (compound) on Tuesday. After shooting a few bows and different manufacturers, I went with the Mathews Triax. I gotta say...I’ve been around firearms my whole life and own quite a few, but after about a year or two of thinking about it, I finally took a step into the unknown. This is the first time in a long time that I have started a new hobby that I know absolutely nothing about, and I have to say it’s pretty humbling yet exciting. Guys like Cameron Hanes, Remi Warren and Joe Rogan have inspired me greatly to make this new transition. I’ve also never hunted before. So my goal is to practice hard and get to a place where I am confident in my shots and work up to my first hunt. I don’t know any bow hunters, but I definitely would like to get in touch with some veterans that would be willing to take me out and educate me on and off the field. Thanks guys.

2. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome to the site, read every thread you can and take it all in (with a grain of salt). Any questions just ask

3. aaronschiada

aaronschiada Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks man...much appreciated. I’m gonna start with getting to know my bow and becoming confident with my shots. Then go from there.

4. Frankiecruzer

Frankiecruzer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome to the addiction! What part of SoCal are you from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. aaronschiada

aaronschiada Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks...looking forward to it. I’m in Ventura County.

6. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome from a little further north. I'll be honest So Cal isn't the best place to start your career but it is a start. Read everything you can on the site and feel free to ask questions. I've never hunted down south but happy to help with CA hunting regs if you have questions. Best of luck on the new journey!