Team 12: 40 Yard Prayer

Discussion in '2018 Deer Contest' started by NebMo Hunter, Aug 13, 2018.

1. ILL BUCK Jr

ILL BUCK Jr Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    In in vermillion county, close to Champaign.

2. ILL BUCK

ILL BUCK Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That deer is not on ur hit list and u dont have permission to use my photos punk!!!! Besides all the teams are just gonna finish behind team 3 for the 3rd year in a row!!!! BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

ILL BUCK Jr likes this.
  3. bloodrunner13

bloodrunner13 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I take it we have a father son feud ^^^^ If I know anything about having my dad being my hunting partner as well is I usually end up with the bigger buck every year ;)

Bloodrunner13 checking in, I won this competition a couple years ago and then took a break from the forum but I'm back and ready to win again!

25 years old from Massachusetts, hunt primarily on the family farm. 200 acres of woods with 200 acres of fields throughout of commercial alfalfa and timothy grass. Massachusetts isn't know for its big deer with one of the lowest deer herds in the country but with property like that it makes things a little easier.

Season doesn't open till October 15th but being 10 mins away from the Connecticut State line I also hunt public land there from opening day september 15th to the beginning of MA season.

I put in a couple different "kill plots" this year, 1 acer red top turnip patch, another 1 acer plot with half rape and half sugar beets and another soybean plot.

In addition I also have a trip booked to Maryland during the rut for a 5 day hunt along with a 5 day hunt in late December in PA.

NOW, lets get everyone else checked in and start discussing a team name.

Mr.O, ILL BUCK Jr and NebMo Hunter like this.
  4. Mr.O

Mr.O Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Not having much luck with my camera...haha. On the plus side though, I have seen some nice ones on the fields.

5. Mr.O

Mr.O Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    What area do you hunt in northern PA? I am in 3C ... around the Tunkhannock area.

6. Brandon8807

Brandon8807 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well we just got almost 3" of rain last night so that's a nice start to my freshly planted brassica field. Put out 5 lbs of turnip seed, 5 lb radish, and 2 lbs rape. Hope it takes off and draws them in during the late season. I just bought a single pin HHA from a co-worker that I'm waiting to get sight tapes on so I can get it setup. Looking forward to setting it up so I can get it dialed in.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Mr.O likes this.
  7. Mr.O

Mr.O Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like there are still 2 guys not checked in. Do we wait on everyone before we decide on a name and a captain?? I guess we could start throwing suggestions out there. Anyone??

8. NebMo Hunter

NebMo Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    we just spent yesterday checking stands. clearing shooting lanes etc.
    everything looks good for the upcoming sesson.
    added a horizontal run post too, im hopeful to get some good pictures at that.
    we did pull several chips but those chips got left at the in laws (since its his property and cameras) so ill get to see those sunday evening.
    local crops took some damage from a recent storm and we lost a little tree too. Ran out of time but needing to put last seasons euro on the wall before too long

Attached Files:

Mr.O likes this.
  9. Johnny Miller

Johnny Miller BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Guys!, Johnny Miller checking in from west central Wisconsin. Sorry about the check in delay, not on forums much unfortunately. I hunt mostly northern WI and NW Illinois as you guys have probably seen on the show. Not planning any other hunts this year as I'm gonna put some serious effort in on a BIG buck I'll be hunting in IL this year. I'll post some pics of him when I get down there a couple of weeks from now to check my cameras again. I'm getting excited about upcoming season for sure. Good luck everybody. BTW I'm ok with whomever for captain and team name.

Mr.O likes this.
  10. NebMo Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    only missing 1 guy so far.
    hope he signs in time

Mr.O likes this.
  11. Mr.O

Mr.O Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    NebMo..
    Would you be interested in being captain? You seem pretty active on the site.
    Anyone else want to volunteer or make a nomination?

12. NebMo Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    we need a team name, we can stick with team 12, or come up with something else
    with recent goings ons with justin i like

40 yards on (or with) a prayer
    then
    12 Tines 10 (team 12×10 since there are 10 of us)

im not great with names of the cuff, it was 9 months of stress each time we had to come up with a name for a kid

regarding captain, i dont think the captain really does anything except make sure all the teams deer are counted, it doesnt matter to me if its me or someone else

Mr.O likes this.
  13. Mr.O

Mr.O Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I was thinking Deadly Dozen because we are team 12 ....but since there are only 10 of us, maybe that doesn't really work. I'm not the most creative lol.

14. ILL BUCK Jr

ILL BUCK Jr Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ten tines better as a name? I’m not the most creative person ever either.

Mr.O likes this.
  15. BB4tw

BB4tw Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm good with NebMo as captain.

As far as a team name, I'm not too picky. Just remember that including or team number in the name is not a requirement. We could go with something like Freezer Fillers or something else more clever.

Mr.O likes this.
  16. ProTech

ProTech Newb

Dislikes Received:
    4D right below the Williamsport area.

As far as the name is concerned, I'm not sure I would include the total number of members in the name... Not sure how this works, but most teams have 10 members while the previous champs (team 3) have 12. In the words of Brad Kaufmann on another thread, "The alternates will be filling in the teams with fewer members." So will our number of teammates change? If so, when?

Mr.O likes this.
  17. NebMo Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    still missing 1 guy, i sent him a private message so next time he signs in he should see.

back to names, my sense of humor might just be weird but i like "40 yard prayer" or some variant making fun if the entire debate that got way too heated.

last year when todd got introduced at a thing as todd giraffe, i wanted to be Todd's giraffes, no one else thought it was funny though...

Mr.O likes this.
  18. Mr.O

Mr.O Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Haha...that's hilarious! I'm good with 40 Yard Prayer or something creative/different like that.

19. Mr.O

Mr.O Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So what is everyone's line of work? I am actually principal and full-time teacher at a small Christian academy. First day of school today....but I survived. LOL

20. NebMo Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    used to be paramedic, now am a sr claim rep for a non standard auto insurance carrier, essentially you kill someone with your car i try to keep you from getting sued.

i grew up in a very conservative Christian school, used bob jones curriculum

Mr.O likes this.