Team 11 Elevated Affair

Discussion in '2018 Deer Contest' started by AaronB, Aug 13, 2018.

1. AaronB

AaronB Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Slugger
    AaronB
    Lastoneout
    Buckjezzy
    MIHOYT89

Uncle Bucky
    Buckeye Bohunter
    IH122
    Pitman
    Pastorjim

Let's do it! Checking in.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
  2. MIHOYT89

MIHOYT89 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    What’s up everyone!! Another year is upon us! I see one familiar face, good to see ya again Jim. I’m Mitch, (MIHOYT89). This is my third competition and I’ve done so so. I live in SW Michigan and hunt between 200-250 acres of private ground in my immediate area. I’m also taking a trip to Missouri this year to do a a DIY public ground hunt from October 20-28th with a couple buddies. I’m very pumped about home hunting this year as a couple of my farms have produced some great bust so far!

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

AaronB likes this.
  3. MIHOYT89

MIHOYT89 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    End note, I can’t wait to get to know everyone on this years team and also cannot wait to live through everyone else’s hunt while I’m stuck at work

AaronB likes this.
  4. AaronB

AaronB Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Didn’t want to introduce myself to no one so welcome Mitch. I’m Aaron. 37 years old with 3 kids. I hunt 130 acres of mainly CRP and cattails on private land in WI. I also have access to another 70 acres near my 130 that is my brothers but I usually let my brother and his boys hunt that for themselves.

Also looking forward to the contest as it will be my third as well. I scored a doe my first year and fell just short of the 200 point club with 192 and change last year. I should be good for 50 for sure. I will likely be pretty selective on bucks having harvested a nice one last year (142 5/8 8 pt). My 10 year old son also shot his first buck last year on his first hunt ever (136 7/8). Needless to say, last year will be hard to top.

Should have some nice bucks running around per usual. Not too much on cam yet, but did see a nice 130 class 8 on my way to pull my card. Running a little behind on season prep. Need to get a plot in yet and some paths mowed. Looking forward to another great season!

5. Pitman

Pitman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Howdy yall, my name is Wesley. I hunt in Southern Illinois on around 300 acres of private land. I have 2 boys ages 2 and 6 and will be taking my oldest for sits with me as I have for several years now and I hope to take another doe with him. This will be my 3rd year in the contest and so far I am always good for 50 points but have yet to take a buck with my bow during the contest. I am selective on what I shoot and let a lot of bucks walk. I have several good bucks on cam again this year and I hope to end up with one of them under me! Im super excited for October 1st and look forward to hearing from you all!

AaronB likes this.
  6. MIHOYT89

MIHOYT89 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome guys! I like to see Wisconsin and Illinois! Hopefully you didn’t cringe at the sight of Michigan lol. Things are looking great here this year. I finally got a 1/2 acre plot in on a property that has been very tough to hunt in the past. I did a lot of work this year to make entry and exit routes bulletproof as it is 90% thick bedding. Here are some deer from that property, 3 maybe 4 target bucks and some great up and comers.

Attached Files:

Pitman likes this.
  7. MIHOYT89

MIHOYT89 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    0627CCA9-357D-41CD-881B-340D93D58449.jpeg One last deer for now, he is my number one going into this season although he won’t score huge. He is a 5 1/2 year old 7pt that I have 4 years of pictures with a few encounters, and the one deer that I’ve ever said that I don’t want anyone else but me to kill!

Pitman likes this.
  8. AaronB

AaronB Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You've definitely got some nice prospects there Mitch. I should have a number of nice bucks this year as well. Just need to get more cameras out.

9. IH122

IH122 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    IH122 checking in.

AaronB likes this.
  10. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I didn't realize this was up until today. Pastorjim checking in. Just call me Jim. I live and hunt 150 private acres in Indiana and hunt another 100 private acres in Ohio. This will be my first season with a crossbow so don't hate on me too much. I'm looking forward to being on the team and getting to know everyone. I'll post some pics of some good bucks if I ever get any. Good luck to all.

Blessings.......... Pastorjim

Sent from my RCT6703W13 using Tapatalk

AaronB likes this.
  11. buckjeezy

buckjeezy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Buckjeezy checking in! Looking forward to another season and another contest. I hunt in north central Illinois.

AaronB likes this.
  12. Buckeye Bowhunter

Buckeye Bowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Buckeye Bowhunter checking in. My name is Will and I live in NE Ohio. I hunt a mix of public and private. First year in the deer contest but I was on the winning team on the turkey contest, so I’ve got that going for me

2018 Team 1 Turkey Contest
    Elite Tempo 34
    Gold Tip Valkyrie 340

AaronB likes this.
  13. Pitman

Dislikes Received:
    Good looking team from some hard hitting states! Looks like we are down to 3 that have not checked in. Anyone have any names to toss around?

14. AaronB

AaronB Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like we just have 3 more to check in: Slugger, Last One Out, Uncle Bucky.

What makes this contest the most fun is regular participation and checking in from everyone regularly. Everyone hunts for their own reasons and sets their own goals. Don’t feel pressured to hunt any different or more often. This is fun! Let’s make it fun! Shoot what makes you happy and let’s have a good time.

IH122 and Pitman like this.
  15. AaronB

AaronB Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I’m terrible when it comes to clever names, but I’ll throw out a few.

Ocean’s Eleven
    Pitman’s Eleven
    Bowmen’s Eleven
    Elevated Assault
    Threat Level Midnight (or Eleven, any Office fans on the team? :)

Other suggestions please!

16. IH122

IH122 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey there everyone I'm Tony! When I'm not farming I'll be hunting. I'll be hunting all public land this year in and around southwest Illinois. Got several spots scouted and a few more to scout out yet. I don't have cameras out yet but will here shortly. Don't really have a hit list, but will be hunting to basically fill our freezer with the awesome wild meat that nature provides us with the added bonus of a possible nice buck. Looking foreward to contributing to the team this fall.

17. Pitman

Dislikes Received:
    Its my understanding that alts will be placed on teams with less than 12 members so we should end up with a dozen like the winning team from last year.

18. AaronB

AaronB Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I’m terrible when it comes to clever names, but I’ll throw out a few.

Ocean’s Eleven
    Pitman’s Eleven
    Bowmen’s Eleven
    Elevated Assault
    Threat Level Midnight (or Eleven, any Office fans on the team? :)

We are team 11 so hence the 11 references. We have 10 right now. Don’t think we’ll get two more assigned but who knows. That was just to get us started! ;)

19. Pitman

Dislikes Received:
    Oh, I didnt even count how many we had... just assumed and didnt think we are team 11 lol

20. MIHOYT89

MIHOYT89 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I’m not too good with the names either but I always give it a shot!

The Widowers
    Elevated Affair
    Booner Doomers (unlikely lol)
    11 Tines
    Boys of Fa11
    Ta11 Tines

Also is there any suggestions for captain, or would anyone like to just volunteer?