Roughest video I've ever seen

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by virginiashadow, Aug 15, 2018.

1. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Go to about 130 mark then 8 min mark. She hunts then they swap and he hunts.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That's a heart breaker! Once in a lifetime buck.

3. Maggieze

Maggieze Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    great video
    [​IMG]

Swamp Stalker likes this.
  4. kb1785

kb1785 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That was tough. Been there, not on a deer that big, but you don't ever forget that experience.

Swamp Stalker and dnoodles like this.
  5. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yea thats pretty tough, knock on wood never personally had that happen but have helped friends track deer like that and it was disappointing enough not to find it. Can't image being the shooter too.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

6. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    coincidentally I watched the same video last night.
    The same couple had nearly the same thing happen the year before- only difference was the buck just went around the wrong side of the tree on the girl giving the guy a chip shot. I'll give them credit; they have really bad luck on a lot of really nice deer and they put them all out there for the public to see.

Brad Kaufmann likes this.
  7. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Oh man! If she had a crossbow that wouldn't have been an issue!
    I had a similar shot on a buck in Illinois, heartbreaking.
    Those woods look exactly like how I remember Illinois.....Man I miss it. Can't wait to get back there

8. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Or a gun :poke:

9. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    One in the same right? lol

mylsuhat and MUDSHARK like this.
  10. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah it's ballsey to keep showing knuckle headed eff ups like that. The only positive thing I can say about it is that they are doing an incredible job of getting on those deer with filming equipment. I can't say that I'm happy about someone constantly wounding monster deer and not finding them. That's a little disturbing.

Okiebob likes this.
  11. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That's really rough. Not sure I would ever get over that one. I screwed up an encounter with an Illinois typical giant when I was a kid with the slug gun, it still haunts me over 35 years later :sad:

12. Jlmini30

Jlmini30 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This hunt actually aired on Midwest Whitetail during the season and then shortly after in the offseason the guy actually did recover the deer. To his credit, he stayed on his game cameras to see the buck alive for a couple weeks, but then infection from the wound killed him eventually. He didn’t find it until around February I think. So even though he didn’t kill the buck the way anyone would want to, he did all he could with the situation and commited himself to actually finding the deer well into the offseason.

TheHardWoods913 and early in like this.
  13. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    Well that's good, glad he got the rack. Hopefully he gets over his problem with buck fever and starts putting clean shots on deer.

14. Wiscohunter

Wiscohunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I watched this episode a couple days ago. I really like the Chasing November series these guys put out. Watching her not be able to draw on that buck was tough to watch. In the next episode (spoiler alert) they explain it was a mix of sitting there for hours in cold temps and that they increased her draw weight a lot in the off season. As far as the dude hitting low...guess it was just a bad shot? Couldn't ask for a better look at a deer. Standing broadside at what looked like 25 yards. Also, is that the deer they are referring to in the title that says 230'' giant? Im not the best at judging rack size, but he doesnt look anywhere near 230. or even 200.

15. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I agree, I don't think that was a 230" buck. It might possibly push 200" gross score though.

16. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I tried I made it 2 minutes I just can't stand watching other people hunt, the narration, the whispering, the music it all just hits a nerve with me.

Okiebob and Brad Kaufmann like this.
  17. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Film a hunt and let me narrate it imitating Matthew Mcconaughey; "here comes the buck, oh lookee, he botched the shot. Hit him in the guts. That deer will still die. Alright, alright, alright." I am sure you will enjoy that.

18. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    No thank you, nobody wants to watch me hunt or hear my thoughts going into a hunt. It would be like watching Earl Dibbles jr. I wake up, put a good dip in, crack a cold one....

19. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    that's being a little harsh. I think many of us have aimed low anticipating a string jump (even subconsciously) especially at that range on an alert deer. That buck drops at all and it's a heart shot. It's literally a perfect shot if it hits maybe 1-2" up. The guy has put some really big deer on the ground with some good shots...sometimes with someone else's bow! I don't think he had buck fever.

His wife, on the other hand.....yeesh. She should get some more experience on deer before they put her back on camera with a bow in her hand. That's a lot of pressure and she's just not ready. I like taking my wife up in the stand and nobody will be happier for her than I when she gets her first deer; but I'd never put the added pressure of a production-level camera on her.

Again, I give them credit for putting it all out there, good, bad, and ugly. I just wish there was less ugly.

20. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    It was stated this was the second year in a row that something like this happened to this couple...sometimes "harsh" is exactly what is needed. Wasting the meat from a big buck and causing deer to die a slow and horrible death from an infected wound is more harsh than any shade I can throw at the guy.

I don't aim low, never have. Maybe he should always hunt with someone elses bow, maybe he's more careful that way.

Okiebob likes this.