WTB Sitka

Discussion in 'General Classifieds' started by Brooks23, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Brooks23

Brooks23 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Looking for stratus or fanatic lite bibs in size large elevated II and a stratus or fanatic vest size xl let me know what you have and prices. Have nomad camo I could use as trade or Partial trade

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

TheHardWoods913 likes this.
  2. TheHardWoods913

TheHardWoods913 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Not to hijack your thread, but I am about to pull the trigger on a lot of the Stratus line up also, basically all of it (pants though not the bibs, as of yet) as well as some of the heavy merino base layers, but I was wondering how late into the season the Stratus line will get me into the late season. Is it warm enough, esp with layering to make it well into late November?

3. buckeye

buckeye Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The Stratus line is a mid season setup. It has a low loft micro check fleece lining and a brush faced low loft shell. It is not designed for cold weather. With proper layers perhaps maybe down to 35 degrees. Though I would not want to sit all day in the suit in temps less than maybe 45.

4. TheHardWoods913

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for that, I really appreciate it! Maybe I will look into the others like the Fanatic line now, lol.

5. TheHardWoods913

Dislikes Received:
    Or just get the Stratus line and then add the fanatic Bibs and Jacket, haha. I'll figure it out, but thanks for letting me know!

6. buckeye

buckeye Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The fanatic vest and or shacket are very versatile and would add a great deal of warmth coupled with the stratus jacket.

7. TheHardWoods913

Dislikes Received:
    That's a great idea to start off, even the Fanatic Hoody too, right? If that doesn't work out then I could always pick up the Fanatic Bibs and Jacket. Worse case scenario I end up with both the stratus line and fanatic line which basically covers most of my hunting conditions that I typically see.

8. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I love my fanatic hoody! I practically live in that thing all season. The bibs and jacket are great for stand hunting, but to warm to walk around in and the berber does get hung up on brush and briars. I usually pack it in and get dressed at tree.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

9. TheHardWoods913

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome, thanks bro! So you would agree with my plan of action since you currently own the Fanatic line? I personally think the Fanatic Jacket and Bibs will be far too warm for October so start off with all the Stratus line and add the Fanatic Hoody, if this fails to keep me comfortable through the later part of the season and the temps dropping then pick up the Fanatic Bibs and Jacket.

10. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Nick,

This list with Merino or core layers layers will get you through the whole NY season ... you can then add a few more later on.
    Stratus pants
    Equinox pants or ESW pants

Fanatic Hoody
    Fanatic vest
    Equinox Hoody

11. trial153

Dislikes Received:
    The equinox Hoody is nicer piece then the Stratus Hoody, I have both, especially if your going to layer the fanatic vest over one of them.

12. TheHardWoods913

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Jimmy! So are the Fanatic Bibs and Jacket even necessary then?

13. trial153

Dislikes Received:
    I use my jacket maybe ...a week a year between NY and KS. It really is a great jacket but I run hot.
    I didnt like the bibs so I sold them. I either use the incinerator bibs or the Stratus pants when it's really cold..

With most of your hunting on the island ...I would say you can skip them for now.

14. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    What trail said all sounds spot on. The only time I used mine was late winter or I would take it for all day sits. I hear alot of guys just go straight to the incinerator bibs and jacket if it's in the budget. Then you are waterproof also.

15. TheHardWoods913

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks guys! I appreciate it a lot! I am def overthinking it, but I do get cold quicker than some. Thinking ahead also as I'm trying to get out to Ohio and Wisconsin next season!

Holt likes this.
  16. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Also I run my equinox as long as I can stand it, then start layering under it as it gets colder in the season. Then on really cold days I bring the fanatic stuff. I haven't tried any of the stratus line yet.

17. TheHardWoods913

Dislikes Received:
    Perfect what I'm going to do I think thanks to you all is go with what I was originally thinking with some minor adjustments.

Stratus Jacket
    Stratus Pants
    Stratus Vest
    Equinox OR Fanatic Hoody
    Core Heavy Weight Bottoms
    Core Heavy Weight Zip-T
    Core Lightweight Crew
    Hat/Beanie and maybe Neck Gaiter

18. buckeye

buckeye Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The Stratus vest is pretty much a waste if you are going to buy the Stratus set. It does not add much for an insulating layer. A perk to it is that it is windproof, but that won't matter because the Stratus set is already wind proof. If you are going to get a vest to wear with the Stratus set, Id suggest the Shacket or the Fanatic vest as they do offer quite a bit of insulation.

To be honest I rarely wear my Stratus set unless it is windy. I prefer the Fanatic Lite set over the Stratus set.

I start out the season in the Equinox then into the Fanatic Lite or occasionally the Stratus set and pack in the Downpour set weather depending. I sold my insulated Fanatic set last year (Only wore it a couple times) and bought the Incinerator suit so I wouldn't have to pack rain gear in with me anymore during cold weather all day sits. I got a lot of use out of the Incinerator suit last year. If you get caught in the rain in the insulated Fanatic suit it really soaks up the water.

I do a lot of all day sits and do not like getting cold. Luckily, I rarely get cold anymore. When I do it is usually mid season where the temps really drop off the last hour or so and I am a little under dressed.

19. TheHardWoods913

Dislikes Received:
    Yea some good points there, thank you! Also after speaking with Jimmy last night for a little after work I took his recommendations as well and pieced together the stuff that would get me through most, if not all of the season. Then I can see myself adding the Incinerator suit down the line due to the fact its waterproof also.

20. kentuckybuck

kentuckybuck Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Love my Sitka for late season , early season I am not sure if I will go with the elevated 2 or just some realtree to blend in with the trees and leaves. We start September 1st so trees are still full and mostly if not all green.

Side note look at Leoadventures.com , I get my sitka along with other brands for anywhere from 35 to 50 percent off!