RACK AND ROLL! TEAM 14!

Discussion in '2018 Deer Contest' started by kjstaudt86, Aug 13, 2018.

1. kjstaudt86

kjstaudt86 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm jealous Josh! I think that's every man's dream to be in the woods every day for a month! Odds are definitely going to be in your favor.

Josh/OH and early in like this.
  2. dustywilmuth

dustywilmuth Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys! Names Dusty, im a aviation mechanic In chicago IL! Have tons of time to hunt and a few good lookin bucks on the hit list! Cant wait to put some point on the board for us!

Josh/OH and kjstaudt86 like this.
  3. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I do love that the name Vito is recognized by some on the team....we the old dudes...

Josh/OH likes this.
  4. Oldcarp

Oldcarp Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    There is nothing to exciting about me. I can usually put 50 points on the board. I didn't draw a deer tag here in Utah but I have my yearly thanksgiving hunt in Kansas on my wife's family farm. Does seem that Tynimiller and myself have been on a team or two. I archery hunt elk mostly but the fires this year are making it tough this year. My son-in law drew out a archery Deer Pansuagunt tag. So I will have fun with him chasing big mule deer and hopefully an elk will step out for me.

Josh/OH, dustywilmuth and tynimiller like this.
  5. kjstaudt86

Dislikes Received:
    So we are close to everyone checking in. Just missing it looks like KB and p&y.

6. Simplman

Simplman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I was looking at Team 3’s points from last year. They harvested some nice bucks! Was thinking let’s post some photos of posibble bucks we have on trail cameras. Or maybe a photo of your favorite hunt or something. Be cool to hear where everyone is hunting and how they have had luck in the past. I’m never to busy to learn some new tactics or something new about deer behavior. -Simplman-

dustywilmuth likes this.
  7. dustywilmuth

Dislikes Received:
    I agree with simplman! Ill be the first i guess to show the bucks ive got on camera so far and bucks harvested last year! Let me know what you guys think!

Attached Files:

kb1785, Josh/OH and kjstaudt86 like this.
  8. kjstaudt86

Dislikes Received:
    Damn dusty you have some good ones on camera! You think some are pushing 140s-150s?

dustywilmuth likes this.
  9. dustywilmuth

Dislikes Received:
    Im not real good at scoring but i think some of the few i have been seing in the field with my binos will go 140s,mid 150s i hope. i have one that has a double beam That im hoping to get a camera picture of that seems to be pretty good size

10. Simplman

Simplman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Dusty you’ve got some good looking bucks showing up on camera, you’ve also killed some nice deer in the past! Thanks for the post, when’s your season open? I guess since it was my idea I’ll post a few photos. I’ve got one buck on camera that I’m really hoping to see on the hoof. A few other bucks that look to be 2 & 3 year olds.

Attached Files:

kb1785, kjstaudt86 and dustywilmuth like this.
  11. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Just a heads up...I'm kinda scoring nazi. No worries, when we all need to score a buck this year just take your time and always put first scorecard away and do a second one from scratch....helps a ton to confirm or deny any glaring issues.

I will share some pics from last years hunt but will admit last year I passed the biggest buck I've let walk to date on cam....will share video link sometime.

All in all most winning teams over the years (been on one winning team) has 2 things in common; the entire team stays active AND they harvest 50 point deer (does or 2nd bucks). The year my team won memory doesn't think we had more than one buck break 140 but I believe all but one or two got a doe and then a bunch of 70 to 120 inch bucks...

Simplman and dustywilmuth like this.
  12. dustywilmuth

Dislikes Received:
    Simplman, Thank you sir,that buck is a stud! Hopefully he presents himself! The genetic like there is crazy, my Opener in Illinois is October 1st... also hunting WI which is September 15th... Whens everyone elses opener??

13. Simplman

Simplman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Kansas opener is September 17th, I’ll be out all day lol.

kb1785 and dustywilmuth like this.
  14. dustywilmuth

Dislikes Received:
    Agreed nothing like the First day seeing any deer or not lol

15. Josh/OH

Josh/OH Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Ty, I always thought it would be fun idea to throw Vito, GMMAT and Atlasman into a ring together and see who's left standing. :biggrin:
    Todd could've sold live-viewing rights and made a fortune!

tynimiller likes this.
  16. Josh/OH

Josh/OH Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My cams haven't produced anything noteworthy yet, but I got them up late this year and have only had a single check so far... fingers crossed!

17. P&YChaser

P&YChaser Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    What’s up everyone, just checking in. My name is Chris and I’ll be hunting in central WI. Had my best year bow hunting last year, taking a buck that scored low 120s so I’m hoping to repeat that effort and maybe get a doe on top of that. Will be heading up to do some work on the property this weekend and will finally be able to check cams, I’ll post anything that’s interesting. Can’t wait for the season to start and get back in the woods!

18. kjstaudt86

Dislikes Received:
    This is my 4th season into bow hunting. So far in the last 3 seasons I've bagged 4 deer with my bow and several hogs. I'll be good with my doe for sure. I've been able to hunt Texas (my lease)and Oklahoma (family property)the last few years. The buck is where I struggle in Texas. I've yet to even pull back on one here in Texas. I've been so damn close (within 10 yards) but it's never panned out here in Texas. I've had several great deer within range but I've only been to capitalize in Oklahoma tagging my first mature buck last year and smaller buck the year before. My deer last year was a nice 8 point that had a 21" inside spread. Picture in attachment. I will not be hunting Oklahoma this year due to vacation time :confused:

We have several good deer that me and a buddy are putting in all of our efforts for. Several years now on camera with this one particular deer we have called 'Monarch'. He won't give me a good angle this year but we suspect he will go 140s. Has a split brow tine and kicker coming off his g2. I've attached last year's pic, early growth, and my most recent pic but bad quality.

I'll attach some other deer that we have in the area tomorrow when I get to my computer.

Attached Files:

dustywilmuth and kb1785 like this.
  19. kjstaudt86

Dislikes Received:
    Here are a couple other pics. The one I would love to see live until next year is x-man. He has a 3rd main beam and has put on good growth from last year. We suspect he is a 3.5 year old based off last year's pictures with him. I'll share more throughout the season! But I have a few good ones here in east texas.... nothing compared to you guys and northern deer but it's good for this area!

Attached Files:

dustywilmuth and kb1785 like this.
  20. kb1785

kb1785 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    KB1785 checking in. Looks like a great team and am also looking forward to getting back in the woods. I live in Eastern KY but work and hunt in the bow only counties in WV. Have been fortunate to take some great bucks(for me at least) through the years. Been really busy this year with work and a development project that my brother and I have been working on but hopefully I can get the time to spend in a tree this fall. Don't have any pictures as I haven't put any trailcams out yet. Last year I didn't put any trailcams out at all as I wanted to see if not checking them and leaving the area as undisturbed as possible helped and also getting back to the "old days" of hunting without knowing what may be coming in. I usually leave my stands up and hunt the same spots that have produced over the years unless I can get a bead on a big buck and try to figure him out. I do have one stand that I want to put up in a different area this year. Good luck to all this year.