Team 13 Reasons Why

Discussion in '2018 Deer Contest' started by Swamp Stalker, Aug 13, 2018.

1. beavertronic

beavertronic Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    ydm.gif

2. wi p&y

wi p&y Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm from se wisconsin . What area are you from.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

3. wi p&y

wi p&y Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm hoping so. All I've got are old management 150s by home this year. I'll be spending last week of Oct and first 2 weeks in Nov in iowa this year.

Marauder likes this.
  4. Marauder

Marauder Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
  5. beavertronic

Dislikes Received:
    I am in the Green Bay area.

6. wi p&y

wi p&y Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've got 10 acres and a cabin just past crivitz. Very few deer up there now days. I haven't hunted in 15 years there. Just take kids on vacation up there.

7. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Well, since we're now lounging around waiting for others to join...

I'm Bill. I'll be primarily hunting central NC this year, after returning from CO to chase elk for 2 weeks, with a few others from this forum.

I'll be solo hunting public land NC Deer, which are NOT Midwest giants. I did find a few decent spots though over the past few years and am hoping for some early doe to wander by.

Later in the season I may head up to the NC mtns for a Bear/Deer hunt...

8. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I salute you Captain!!!

[​IMG]

9. Brad Kaufmann

Brad Kaufmann Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    If you guys haven't picked up on it yet, my name is Brad and I work for bowhunting.com. I'll be filming my hunts this year, so if I'm able to shoot something, you might see me on the show this season.

I live and primarily hunt in northern Illinois. I've got 40 acres of private land and I'll be hunting a couple different pieces of public this year in n. ILL. I'll also be hunting a big chunk of private in southern Illinois a few times this year.

I haven't shot a deer in the last 2 years, and only took one shot in that time. So I'm eager to get something on the ground!

If you have any questions about the show or forum, feel free to get ahold of me.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

beavertronic and Swamp Stalker like this.
  10. Swamp Stalker

Dislikes Received:
    I'm Joe from Rhode Island. I am 41-years old, and a full-time college student pursuing a P.h.D. in clinical psychology. I'm currently a junior at the University of Rhode Island. Only 7 years to go!!! My fall schedule is setup pretty sweet for hunting. I have tusdays and Thursdays off, as well as friday afternoons, and of course Saturday. I hunt public land in CT. It is a rough go. If you see a deer, you've had an amazing day. Two seasons ago I didn't see a single deer from the stand. Last year I had a few encounters, and only one in a "hunting" situation, and he is now dead from my botched shot.
    I can't promise any points, but I can promise it will not be from a lack of effort. I am very dedicated and most certainly put my time in on the stand. Unfortunately I have switched cell phone carriers due to the outrageous cost of verizon, and I no longer get enough bars for the internet where I hunt. So there will be no "live from the stand" updates from me, only via text.
    I'm a ground hunter using a ghille suit. I also switched to a crossbow last year. I'm able to lay prone on the ground. it's an awesome way to hunt.

I think after hunting these woods on and off since I was 14, I finally figured out a few weeks ago how they are skirting me. I'm very optimistic about this upcoming season. september 15th is the opener!

beavertronic and Marauder like this.
  11. beavertronic

Dislikes Received:
    Okay, full introduction for me. I am Joel from Green Bay, WI (don't ask about the Packers because unfortunately for them, football season and hunting season are in sync.) I am part of the urban hunt program so have access to land within the city limits of Green Bay. I also have private property in central WI. On top of that I have access to a farm in Waupaca County, a small wooded parcel in Outagamie County, and my in-laws place outside of Crandon. All of this access does not mean a for sure thing but it can't hurt, right?

Marauder and Swamp Stalker like this.
  12. Swamp Stalker

Dislikes Received:
    Your right, nothing is a sure thing. However, the more opportunity the better the chances are!

13. Marauder

Dislikes Received:
    Introduction:

My name is Tim and I've been participating in this contest for 7 or 8 years. Can't remember exactly. I hunt in Northcentral Wisconsin in Lincoln, Oneida, Marathon, and also will hunt Price this year. I'm mostly a weekend warrior up until November where I have my Rutcation. This year I've taken off from November 3 to the 14th. Also it should be noted that my wife and I are expecting our first child of a baby girl in the end of November. So I have a bit of pressure to seal the deal before she comes. Yep, I didn't plan that one so well. :lol:

For the most part I hunt bigwoods full of swamps and small ridges. There isn't a lot of deer where I hunt but in the past few years I've been scouting pretty damn hard to get on the biggest of bucks in my areas. And it's paid off. Later when I get the time I'll share some pics of the nicer ones that I will be chasing this season. Also I've taken on the burden of self filming this year for my first season. Anyway, it's great to meet you guys and let's have a safe and prosperous season of big bucks!

beavertronic and Swamp Stalker like this.
  14. Pitman

Pitman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    ThumbsDownEmoji.jpg

Swamp Stalker likes this.
  15. Swamp Stalker

Dislikes Received:
    Pitman likes this.
  16. Swamp Stalker

Dislikes Received:
    whats Everyones setup for this year?

17. Marauder

Dislikes Received:
    Halon 32 65/30 6 brace height
    QAD HDX rest
    Vital X Startrax sight
    Easton Axis 340, 460 grains
    QAD Exodus 100 grain swept broadhead

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

Swamp Stalker likes this.
  18. Lovehunt11

Lovehunt11 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Where do you lease 200 acres in Iowa? You may lease on the property I was hunt for last 8 year. I just lost over 200 acres of timber this year because someone lease it. If that you then I can give you some nice bucks past season. I removed 7 tree stand out but still 3 in there, no time to get out yes. But I have 4 other property to hunt and gained a small other property to hunt this year.
    I spend first 2 week of September for Colorado elk hunt. No vacation left for Whitetails but I hunt early morning or weekend as last couple years I did. I passed many deer each year but still not luck with P&Y yes. I hope have a luck this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. wi p&y

wi p&y Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The lease I got is in between Knoxville and Charlton towards the Stephen state forest land. Hopefully didn't take it from you. The land owner just bought the property this year

20. Lovehunt11

Lovehunt11 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Someone lease where I am hunt at Saint Charles, $25000.00 for 5 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk