Caribou OR Muley/Whitetail Hunt w Customer

Discussion in 'Big Game Hunting' started by jvanhees, Jul 16, 2018.

1. jvanhees

jvanhees Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hey All, I know it’s getting late in the season but I was just approved to take my long time customer on a hunting trip this Fall.

He’s older and prefers to use a gun, while probably not “roughing it” too too bad either. He’s been to Africa and on a few other hunts in the past. He brought up how he’s always wanted to hunt the Caribou migration, but would also have fun on a deer hunt where you could take a Muley or Whitetail. Those would have to be mature bucks. 5 day hunt-ish.

Been doing some initial research but it’s so risky as I don’t know outfitters at all. I’ve always done DIY. Looking for some recommendations of an outfitter you have used and enjoyed for either type of hunt. I’m sure there are many more details one needs to know but let’s see how this goes. Thanks in advance!

2. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You’d be hard pressed to get into a decent caribou hunt booking for this year as it’s too late. As most of hunts are starting mid to late August.
    I can’t provide info on Outfitters for gun hunting as I don’t do it and any booking agents I use specialize in bow hunting. However I would suggest looking into a booking agent as they can probably find you a mule deer hunt still for this year with an otc or land owner tag.
    Outdoors international and SOA come to mind .

jvanhees likes this.
  3. jvanhees

jvanhees Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Much appreciated! Had a feeling on the dates.

4. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Most of the gun hunting for mule deer Will be late oct and early nov so you might get in still.
    Col and Alberta are high on my list for mule deer right now and will otc and land owner tags.