Hunting is sinful and needs to stop.

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Shane0709, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Shane0709

Shane0709 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    So I was bored and started reading some counter arguments to hunting and most of them were genuinely amusing. Some ignorant folks going on relatively incoherent tangents about something they are uneducated about.
    What are your most effective pro-hunting -arguments? I feel that even in an unbiased position I would think that there are far more logical hunting-tolerant points than anti. I just found some of this argumentative stuff quite interesting when you read into it. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bob Thomas and deadhunter25 like this.
  2. axtell343

axtell343 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It depends, their arguments are very hypocritical so I try to show them that depending on what they say.
    If they go down the route of “ I don’t want other things to die for my convenience” I show them that even if they are vegan, animals die so they can live all the time. How many rabbits, mice, fawns, birds and other things get plowed up by farmers? How many are killed during harvest times? If I am responsible for the death of a cow because I bought hamburger then they are responsible for whatever animals the farmer killed to grow their kale.

If they argue that all life is the same, no matter the size of the animal, and human life is just as valuable as the life of a butterfly, I ask them to check the grill of their car. How many mosquitoes and gnats have you brutally murdered today? And if we are no different than the animals, how come it’s okay for other predators to hunt and kill but not us? Where does your standard of morality come from if we are all just animals?

If they are religious, and say hunting is “sinful” like you said, those kinds of people don’t seem to read the Bible very much. If they did they would find hundreds of verses where God commands animal sacrifice, and in the New Testament Jesus hung out with fisherman, and believe it or not, they killed fish!

The main thing that I try to focus on is, as long as someone is alive, things die so they can live every single day. It’s up to them to decide if they want to accept that truth or not.

(Forgive me for the rambling, it’s 3am and I can’t sleep, I know this isn’t very coherent)

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

3. tc racing

tc racing Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    uh oh! did you and peta girl break up? lol

4. Hogs need lovin too

Hogs need lovin too Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I usually just open the conversation with "do you eat meat"? People that don't eat meat are going against nature anyway and I don't even have many acquaintances like that so my discussion rarely progresses beyond that lol

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

dustywilmuth likes this.
  5. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Don't bother trying to explain it to a vegan or any other anti hunter they will not be converted. I don't know any vegans and the only anti hunter I know is my neighbor, he won't be converted either. I love inviting him and his wife over for dinner after I hang up a new mount.

Jrob140, tc racing, WillO and 4 others like this.
  6. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Never... ever, argue with idiots.

7. axtell343

axtell343 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, one of my friends is a vegan. We normally just leave the topic alone because I won't be convincing her, and she won't be convincing me.

8. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hunting is sinful? Genesis 1:28 -29 and 27:17. Not that the Bible will have an impact on people who value the lives of animals more so than their fellow humans. But then, logic and rational thought are not usually understood by those who uncontrollably emotionally vomit over any circumstance with which they disagree.

AL fulldraw, w33kender and JohnQ like this.
  9. Shane0709

Dislikes Received:
    Nope, still subjected to the whip...happily though, we compromise and I’m okay with that. Haha

10. tc racing

tc racing Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    oh good! I told my wife when we first met that i'll change some things but you better never mess with my hunting and fishing. she tries from time to time but I don't give an inch.

11. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'd like to say my usual response is "Really, well God bless ya" but I'm afraid my tolerance level is less than Christ like. Honestly it would be more akin to a drunken sailor.
    I think this saying applies here, "Never argue with an idiot, they'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."
    Those twats never realize how short lived wildlife is or what a dismally depressing and hard wrought life game animals lead. I'd like to have video of a deer (adult or fawn) being ripped apart alive by coyotes or bear or dying of starvation and exposure to throw into the bleeding hearted, limp wristed pricks faces when they start their retarded BS.

All any animal can expect out of life is to live strong long enough to breed and perpetuate it's species, past that they are effed anyway. I figure as long as I'm managing them well and providing a strong life and taking mature animals, they've reached and passed that goal and I don't owe them any more than a clean, quick end and appreciation for their sustenance. That's a hell of a lot more consideration than they'll get from mother nature.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    grommel, ash d, Shane0709 and 3 others like this.
  12. FingerMike

FingerMike Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well not to bring religion into it but The Bible says to hunt. There were suppose to eat the animals. You see scripture on lots of hunting websites. I’m not the richest hunter when I can get meet that equals up to “roughly $1.60 a pound, I’m on it! I love the hunt and the difficulty of the hunt and tracking a shooter buck down to the kill, but when you boil it down it’s the meat in the freezer.

Mike4christ
    2016 Bear Escape
    Easton FMJ 6mm
    NAP Doublecross

Josh Stewart and axtell343 like this.
  13. farmer rick

farmer rick Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I ask how far they drive to work. If it's farther than what I drive, I tell them they probably kill more animals than I do.

Sota likes this.
  14. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So you are admitting it’s not about points? And/or keeping people who follow along with your hunts updated? LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Ridgerunner3

Ridgerunner3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Never forget...

Lmao

Sent from my SM-G960U using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

Swamp Stalker likes this.
  16. grommel

grommel Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    You can't change stupid!! Don't bother wasting your breath

Sota and MUDSHARK like this.
  17. archbunk

archbunk Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Axtell made some good points. I typically just avoid the subject as much as possible. After all how do we know that a carrot does not have feelings. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

axtell343 likes this.
  18. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Covey, this may be one of the best paragraphs Ive ever read on here.

"I think this saying applies here, "Never argue with an idiot, they'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."
    Those twats never realize how short lived wildlife is or what a dismally depressing and hard wrought life game animals lead. I'd like to have video of a deer (adult or fawn) being ripped apart alive by coyotes or bear or dying of starvation and exposure to throw into the bleeding hearted, limp wristed pricks faces when they start their retarded BS"

Shane0709 likes this.
  19. Shane0709

Dislikes Received:
    Agreed.

20. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I said to this to a vegan once who was looking down her nose at me for hunting. I said "lady, there are two rules to life and the first rule is; for something to live, whether it be plant, animal, or microorganism, something else has to die. And the second rule is; YOU can't change rule number one." She thought about that for a minute and never said another word.