Why do hunters post pics like this? Just stop

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by virginiashadow, Jul 1, 2018.

1. tc racing

tc racing Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I wanted to start to keep in touch with old friends but just couldn't convince myself to do it. all this stuff people are posting on social media will be there forever!

2. bowhtr1

bowhtr1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    X2

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

3. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I say post whatever you want for YOUR audience. This is America after all, dont bend a knee because some people dont like it. Thats how you lose the right.

ash d and NEW61375 like this.
  4. NEW61375

NEW61375 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I agree 100%, hunters "eating" hunters and all of the division within the hunting community will likely cause us all problems in the future.

As far as the pic, I wouldn't say she draped anything. It's a dang giraffe! Pic looks fairly tasteful even though safari/trophy hunting is definitely not my thing.

I don't agree that we as hunters need to constantly censor ourselves. That's ridiculous. We alone (nearly) foot the bill for most of what the blow hard antis claim to want to protect. As far as the other 85% of the population, most are completely apathetic. They couldn't care less and besides they're too busy stuffing their faces with burgers, dogs, steaks, nuggets, bacon, and all kinds of other animal products to get too hypocritical on us.

As long as we have sound science and numbers which equates to dollars we have strength.

Now the numbers...that could be a problem...I personally don't believe the antis will beat us. Look around, kinda feels like we're a dying breed sometimes. No it won't be the antis it'll be another "A" word though...attrition, natural attrition if you will.

Hunting license purchases and hunter numbers are pretty stagnant although some states seem to show some spikes all in all we can probably do better. Take somebody hunting. Not just your kids either, though obviously that's a good start.

Take your co-workers, neighbors, your in-laws, friends from church, your kids friends, anybody that is responsible and shows an interest.

The hunting community needs to quit all the whining and in-fighting and the hunting industry needs to start focusing on recruiting/growing (maybe a touch less focus on big bucks and useless product). Carry on... :)

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
    Kfili, axtell343 and Fix like this.
  5. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Second

6. Drivingtacks

Drivingtacks Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Personally, I don't see a problem with this picture but I do agree that hunters should think before posting something. I recently saw a video on instagram where they shot a bear on a cliff. The bear fell what seemed to be a couple hundred feet fall before it hit the bottom and then tumbled a ways further. Some things should be kept for personal viewing only.

7. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I don’t like the idea of having to “hide” what we do. Like we’re ashamed of it.

Make sure things are tasteful? Like the giraffe picture...that’s fine. But if your filming hunts and something bad happens...why hide it? That’s reality. Don’t bend the knee!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Sliverflicker

Sliverflicker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It's a common sense thing, plenty of places to post a picture like that and Facebook is not one of them.
    It's not the Anti Hunter we need to worry about, they are eat up with the dumb ass and there is nothing we can do about them, not going to change their minds. It is the fence sitters who really give it no thought about people hunting, that don't care one way or the other. You do not want to aggravate them. Don't want them showing up to vote with pictures of Billy Joe Bob with 18, 6'' long hairs hanging off his face holding a spotted fawn out with one hand with its tongue hanging out, bleeding from the mouth, if there are hunting issues on the ballot.
    Got to remember, for every action there is some sort of reaction.

Wiscohunter and Swamp Stalker like this.
  9. dbow

dbow Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Personally I would have preferred seeing her in a bikini. Yup, bad taste for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

...a whole new meaning of "To Catch a Predator"

upload_2018-7-16_17-43-45.jpeg