CuddeLink by Cuddeback

Discussion in 'Trail Cameras' started by RedSoxFan22, Jul 28, 2017.

1. RedSoxFan22

RedSoxFan22 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Looking into this system, anybody try it yet or have any experience using it? Looks like a great concept.

2. boonerville

boonerville Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I agree it is a great concept. My guess is it will take tweaking to get it to work right on each property. Reception distance varies greatly based on terrain. If set up where all cameras can communicate, I can see a huge upside to being able to put cameras in very sensitive locations and not have to go in there for many months at a time.

3. MSBK1

MSBK1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ugh. Cuddeback. It's a cool idea but if it works I'll have to wait for a decent camera manufacturer to copy it. Those guys are the worst.

4. bowhtr1

bowhtr1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Not crazy about cuddeback either. I do like the idea but I think they will eat batteries. I could be wrong but that keeps popping in my head when I think about it.

Sent from my SM-T537V using Tapatalk

5. dbl lung

dbl lung Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Never had good luck with Cuddeback cameras. I too will wait will wait for a different manufacturer to come up with something similar.

6. Merc19

Merc19 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have been running this system for over a month right now and to be honest if you are not running this system you are really missing out. When I first heard about it I was all excited to give it a try because for years I have fought with family members who need to check their cameras every few days to get images. This has really hurt hunting on our property with all the added pressure.

I have a total of 8 cameras right now in a network and have been more then impressed with how it works. My property has hilly terrain but also some swamp areas as well. I'm seeing a range of over 1/4 mile from camera to camera range and my farthest camera right now is around 3/4 mile away from the HOME camera. My cameras still show full battery power after 1 month of run time and I have transmitted around 1,500 images already.

Talking with Cuddeback they also plan on releasing a cell version as well that I'm super pumped about. Then I can only run 1 cell plan with my network and will never have to head to my property.

banhg6 and CoveyMaster like this.
  7. ChuckC

ChuckC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good to hear Merc19. This is something I would be interested in for sure, just as the others have said though the Cudde-horror stories of bad customer service still haunt.

8. Merc19

Merc19 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have to admit I know in the past I have always read about their customer service being bad but since they made the switch to a new location it has seemed to change drastically. Maybe that is just my experience with them but overall I think they have gotten a ton better in the past 5 years.

9. RedSoxFan22

RedSoxFan22 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I see Cuddeback now released new models for the CuddeLink... has anybody tried these out? Looks like they cost less but I am wondering if there is a tradeoff or why they are cheaper? http://www.cuddeback.com/camera/model-j-1415

10. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    After owning 12_14 cuddiecraps....never again!

11. kjstaudt86

kjstaudt86 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Since this thread has been posted do we have any other users that can give some input?

12. RedSoxFan22

RedSoxFan22 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Here are some pics from my turkey set up. Covered 80 acres with 1 Home and 4 Remote cameras.

Attached Files:

13. kjstaudt86

kjstaudt86 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    These are the thumbnail images that are sent to the home camera? Came out surprisingly pretty good considering the reviews state they do not carry as much detail as opposed to pulling the card directly from the camera itself.

14. RedSoxFan22

RedSoxFan22 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Yup. The only time they really get "pixelated" is when viewing on a computer. When viewing on your phone they look just fine. Also if you get a picture of a lifetime, each camera saves the full size image as well. The Home camera actually takes the full size images and stores them in a different folder on the SD card.

15. nattriplett

nattriplett Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Is the image size/quality that is uploaded configurable?