Covert Red 40 Problem

Discussion in 'Trail Cameras' started by BigDaddy, Apr 24, 2018.

1. BigDaddy

BigDaddy Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have been having an issue with my Red 40. It seems to take one picture after another, with nothing triggering it. I am talking like 200 at a time. I changed cards last night when I got done turkey hunting, and today when I checked it, there was like 800 pictures of nothing. I have been using cams for years, and have used several different brands. This is not a grass blowing in the wind problem. Anyone ever have this problem before??

2. bowhtr1

bowhtr1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I had my reconyx xr6 do that and found the tree to have ants on it. They were walking on the sensor causing a bunch of pics of nothing. I sprayed the ants and it stopped. Also had small trees moving in the wind do that.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

3. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Neither one of my coverts ever has except from weeds but I've had other cameras do that. Those cameras were done.

4. Layne koehn

Layne koehn Newb

Dislikes Received:
    We have had that problem before with a different brand of camera. And we found out the heat sensor was messing up. Apparently caused by facing the sun and over heating. You can find out if that's the problem by turning the camera on and wraping it in a towel, it will continue to takes pictures if that's the problem. We sent it in to get fixed and have not had a problem since.

5. boonerville

boonerville Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds like a stuck sensor