Favorite Hunting Boots?

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by jagend, Feb 14, 2018.

?

What's your favorite brand of hunting boots?

1. Danner

12 vote(s)
    23.5%
  2. Irish Setter

7 vote(s)
    13.7%
  3. Muck

10 vote(s)
    19.6%
  4. Lacrosse

17 vote(s)
    33.3%
  5. Rocky

3 vote(s)
    5.9%
  6. Under Armour

2 vote(s)
    3.9%
  1. jagend

jagend Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Kinda love the Danner Vital's, but what do you all wear?

2. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I don't do much hiking and do a lot of sitting in a stand in very cold central MN weather. My 1600g Lacrosse Alphaburleys are great with a pair of Merino Wool socks.

justinwmoe88, Xyxus and jagend like this.
  3. Xyxus

Xyxus Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Same here for sitting. I am in the market for a new set of boots for walking though.

jagend likes this.
  4. JDUB

JDUB Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am a rubber/neoprene boot junkie. I walk into stands maybe 1/2 mile at most, but through muck and standing water usually. I hate having cold or uncomfortable feet. I have some Lacrosse Aeroheads 3.5mm for early to Mid-season which I liked at first, but now into season 3 I wouldn't buy them again. My older Muck Supremes are way more comfortable to walk in and I still use them for chores and snow blowing. I have some Insulated Banded Breathable boots for late season/cold weather blind hunting...they are super warm and you're feet stay dry, but not for hiking. I am considering getting the Lacrosse Alphaburly Pro 800 gram for an all around boot or I may go back to Muck.

jagend likes this.
  5. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I am boot nut. over the last few years I have zamberlan, crispi. lowa, scarpa, kennatrek, scheenes, hanwags, danners, lacross, meindl and muck . Most likely a few more i am forgeting.
    For mountain hunting Crispi and Zamberlan work the best for me. I stay clear of rubber boots unless i absoulty need them..otherwise i am warmer, drier and more comfortable in regular boots.

artzeigler, cant and jagend like this.
  6. Hunter Bob

Hunter Bob Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I bought a pair of Cabela's brand boots that is still on backorder over a month after I bought them on sale, so can't give them a good review as of yet. That said, I do have some uninsulated Lacrosse boots that are quite comfy.

7. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have a pair of the USA made Danner East Ridge's that I'm really liking a lot right now. I've got a full hunting season and have started my shed season in them and they have been as good as anything I've used in the past.

I've also owned nearly every Meindl made, and tons of other brands........but so far these new Danner's have been fantastic and I plan on using them for quite some time. They are sew down construction as well so once I really wear them out I can send them back to be rebuilt.

jagend likes this.
  8. jagend

jagend Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'd like this post, but waiting a month for boots on backorder sounds like a buzz kill : ). What made you go with Cabela's in house brand?

9. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I’ve owned Cabelas brand boots and they are very well constructed and always offer 100% lifetime guarantee. I’m speaking for both the dura tracks and comfort tracks. Mine lasted me 8 yrs before they finally dry rotted. Those were not an easy 8 yrs I put them through either. I wear muck muckmasters right now cause they were on sale. They’re just eh

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

dnoodles likes this.
  10. boonerville

boonerville Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Lacrosse Aerohead 7mm. 2 seasons so far and they are by far the most comfortable boot I have worn..and they are still waterproof. Only downside is the traction sucks in mud/snow. i wish the tread was more aggressive. Overall I really like them though.

justinwmoe88 and cut_of_the_eye like this.
  11. Hunter Bob

Hunter Bob Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    They had a sale and I was hoping to get them for the end of January hunts, since I needed something with more insulation. Still waiting on them and unsure if I will ever get them as they are still listed as "backordered." Talked with a customer service rep who was very helpful, but couldn't offer any info on when they might actually get them in stock. If I had known it would take this long, I wouldn't have ordered them. Hope that I am able to get some and that they last 8 yrs like Shockers did.

12. blackbear

blackbear Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Cabella brand, about $200, but light,comfortable and warm.

Sent from my iPad using Bowhunting.com Forums

13. jstephens61

jstephens61 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    What animal and what time of year? Danner Pronghorns for early Deer and archery elk. Kenetreks for late archery and rifle elk. LaCross Alpha Burly for muddy deer hunting. No one good boot for every hunting situation. If I HAD to pick one, it’d be my Kenetreks.

dnoodles and jagend like this.
  14. mhouck06

mhouck06 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have ran Danners and Mucks for years but this year I am switching to Kenetrek or Meindl. I am so tired of any rubber/neoprene boot. I hunted exclusively in my Pronghorns this year and was perfectly fine and I dont think it had any affect on the amount of deer I saw. ( Started off the season with some scent worries from not using rubber). I've been eyeing up some better boots the past couple years, its time I make the move.

cant likes this.
  15. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Wish I could get by with hunting in leather boots. Most of my spots require trekking through shin deep water. Even gore Tex leathers can’t hold up on that

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

mhouck06 likes this.
  16. GMCmedic

GMCmedic Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Above 50* and dry, I wear Merrell low top hiking shoes. 35-50 I wear a pair of 1000G insulated Bogs, below 35 I wear 1500G thinsulate Rocky boots.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

17. dumbledore5241

dumbledore5241 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    i use a muck boots, i like this

18. cant

cant Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Which Crispi do you like the best?

19. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have three pairs right now. The Nevada, Wyoming and the Dakotas. I have a lot of miles on the Nevada and Wyoming’s and they have worked well. The Nevada are on the stiff side and I really like them if I am packing a load multiple days. I switch them out with a pair of zamberlan that are similar. The Wy is great boot covers a lot of different hunts for me, it not a stiff as the Nevada but I have no trouble hauling with it. It’s great boot for moderate terrain and most of my elk hunting. The Dakotas just bought, I have, maybe 5 miles on them. Super comfortable, light weight ...not overly stiff. These are just a beefed up light weight hiker. I like them. However I need to see how they hold up. Reviews been mixed on their longevity.

I don’t know if I have a favorite. It really depends on what and wear I am hunting.

cant likes this.
  20. cant

cant Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

Thanks for the info!