Pure Whitetail at the ATA show

Discussion in 'Bowhunt or Die® - Web Show' started by Randy Dunmire, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Randy Dunmire

Randy Dunmire Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I was just curious if Justin or Todd stopped by the Pure Whitetail booth at the show? If so what did y'all think if it?

2. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Can't say I did. Although I'm not sure what there is to think - looks like pretty typical deer urine to me. Am I missing something? Although when I go to their website it looks like they're trying to sell me hats and shirts more than scents.

Marauder and tynimiller like this.
  3. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    100%....like urine is their last thing they care to sell..

4. WillO

WillO Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    If you visit the mobile website you have to scroll past over 30 items (hats, shirts and bags) to get to any scents

Randy Dunmire likes this.
  5. Randy Dunmire

Randy Dunmire Newb

Dislikes Received:

6. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    I will say the merch (clothing) does have a pretty cool appeal to it...doubt I get some but better than some out there currently peddling hunting clothing for sure.

7. Randy Dunmire

Randy Dunmire Newb

Dislikes Received:
    The urine is 100% natural so its not like they have it laying on the shelf. Come closer to season all their deer urine will be available.

8. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Is it frozen once collected or treated or just bottled and shipped? Just curious?

9. Randy Dunmire

Randy Dunmire Newb

Dislikes Received:
    From the deer straight to the bottle nothing added and shipped to your door

10. mhouck06

mhouck06 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Do they cold pack it? I've used urine from a couple different companies, definitely the ones that ship on cold packs seem to work better, but overall I've had less than desirable results with most companies when I have used the stuff.

11. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    I rarely use urine, but I always have done the frozen after collection ones.

mhouck06 likes this.
  12. boonerville

boonerville Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have fairly strong feelings about hunting scents in general. Seems counterproductive to me.

13. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    No offense meant by my post. The ATA Show is super busy for our team and we try to focus on new and innovative products that people want to know about. Unfortunately for people who make products like scents, wrist slings, minerals and other items that aren't "flashy" we don't get to spend much time looking at them. I'm sure it's a fine product but in the big picture of archery & bowhunting a deer urine just isn't high on the priority list.

cantexian and Marauder like this.
  14. Randy Dunmire

Randy Dunmire Newb

Dislikes Received:
    They do not cold pack. They offer different products like power shot, power dust, power dust estrous spell bound which is all great products as well as the urine products.

15. Marauder

Marauder Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'd be cautious about purchasing anything from Pure Whitetail or even taking advice from their staff. The owners do a brilliant job of marketing and getting followers. They have a couple thousand field staff promoting their products and they literally don't screen any of their members. You want in? You want to be field staff? You're in. That's all there is to it! Sure I'm sure their deer scent works fine but let's be honest, they already have a few thousand customers who get a discount buying their products. So naturally they run out. That's why they push their apparel! To promote their brand! Brilliant but shady!

16. Randy Dunmire

Randy Dunmire Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Denvers Deer Scents..... Enough said. LOL!!!

17. Marauder

Dislikes Received:
    Regardless of what brand I support, everything I wrote was true. :tu:

18. Randy Dunmire

Randy Dunmire Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Really I cannot disagree with ya but does any group or company out there really screen anyone wanting to join? No not really. Some groups ask you questions and some ask you to fill out an application or the'll scroll through your FaceBook and see what your all about and get accepted. No one does a back ground check on any one. All I know is how Pure Whitetail treats there staffers. I have never been part of any group that gets treated this good.

19. Marauder

Dislikes Received:
    To answer your question, YES there are companies that screen their field staff/pro staff and have an interview process. The ones that want quality and not quantity. The companies that are looking for individuals with the same interests and goals. The same as a job. They also don't accept thousands of members. They prefer a strong group of individuals that work strongly together. Are you familiar with BH.com? They do have a strong field staff and do screen their members. :tu:

The companies that accept thousands of field staff are simply creating a loyalty program. They are getting their "new field staff members" to sign up for it. The new field staff haven't been trained. They haven't been educated on products. Just promote, promote, promote! Please share our product with the world! The leaders claim it's the best thing since sliced bread and get them to believe they can't be successful without using that product and it's better than anything else on the market. In a sense it's taking advantage of gullible customers who don't know any better. And for your loyalty they give you, what a 20 percent discount? Companies give discounts to non members all the time on products with nothing in return. It's daily business.

Just ask yourself, why would a company accept thousands of field staff to their company? Why wouldn't they screen any new members? What would they have to benefit from that?

cantexian, mhouck06 and WillO like this.
  20. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    #burn