Scent Crusher Ozone Gear Bag

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by maloneyc01, Aug 7, 2016.

1. maloneyc01

maloneyc01 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Has anyone used this bag. If u have is it worth the money and did it work for u

2. Ryan A

Ryan A Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have one and it works excellent. Plug it in 30 mins before you're hunt and your clothes will be scent free

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. pitzer25

pitzer25 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I took mine on vacation to the beach with us. I used it all week for different things and it has worked great. You can smell the ozone for a little bit after its done working but after that your good to go. The bag is huge to I can easily fit 2 full winter outfits in the bag with room to spare. There are just so many uses for it. That's what I like it's not just For hunting. If you have any questions let me know. There's also a great review on this site and I will be putting one up on my YouTube page soon.

4. Whitetailfreak52

Whitetailfreak52 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have it and I have to say it works, that simple. I also have the To Go for you car and that takes all the smell out of your car too. Great products. If you need any more info let me know.

5. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Ok how do you know it works? I am thinking seriously about getting one but I don't want to spend that much money on a gimmick.

6. Whitetailfreak52

Whitetailfreak52 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The main reason I can tell it works is bc it will take any smell I can smell out of the clothes. Also there is a Ozone Go unit that plugs into your car and it will take the smell out of the car. The science behind the product also backs it up. The ozone attacks and kills all odors and bacteria through oxidation, and then converts safely back into standard oxygen, leaving your gear scent-free.

7. blueicefire

blueicefire Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The bag works great!! I use the Ozone Go in my car and keeps my car from not smelling. Trust me my car is not the cleanest thing in the work. I'll getting their Hunters closet soon as I need a place to store mine and my daughters gear. We have a ton allergies in the family, so these products are a huge thing for us. We can't wash our clothes with regular or even the hunting wash stuff as my daughter breaks out in rashes and gets a fever. So it's these things all the way.

8. copperhead

Dislikes Received:

You have to say good stuff you are on the field staff ;)

For your daughters stuff though try baking soda in your wash if you have not already before.

But I will get one and give it a try. Thanks for the feedback..

9. DEC

DEC Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just be careful. Ozone will eat certain types of plastics and neoprene ... both used in various pieces of hunting clothing. Meaning long term it could damage parts of clothing like zippers/snaps/buckles, etc.

Shocker99 likes this.
  10. copperhead

Dislikes Received:
    Ok guys I ordered the large bag. Figured it couldn't hurt.

DEC thanks for the heads up. Ill keep an eye on it.

11. Westfinger

Westfinger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have an ozone unit for the truck and one for my hunting closet. They are not scent crusher products but I have been impressed with the results. My truck has gone from smelling terrible to being scent free. I bought my units off amazon.

12. foodplot19

foodplot19 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Since the post won't let me "like" this I was wanting to know how it works for you.

13. copperhead

Dislikes Received:
    I'll definitely let you know

14. Goosepond Monster

Goosepond Monster Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Has anyone had any issues with their bag deteriorating any part of their hunting clothes? I was looking to get a bag (currently use the car unit and love it), but a number of reviews said the bag ruined items with rubber or elastic after a couple of uses.

I'm thinking I may just wait on the OZ stuff from Scentlok, but I'm guessing you'll run into the same issue there since it is still ozone.

boonerville likes this.
  15. boonerville

boonerville Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Ozone will deteriorate some kinds of rubber over time. This isn't exclusive to a "brand." Ozone is a naturally occurring substance. The recommendation form scent crusher is to limit material with elastic rubber to short cycles. I have some Sitka bibs with elastic straps. I put those in my gear bag and zip it up with the straps hanging out and have had zero issues. FWIW I own the gear bag, closet, tote, and truck unit. The effectiveness of using the ozone is well worth the tradeoff IMO.

Goosepond Monster likes this.
  16. mhouck06

mhouck06 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I ordered pretty much the exact same ozone unit off of Amazon and found the same tote they use at walmart.. Put it together and it works great.. all for around $70

17. Marauder

Marauder Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I would agree that the ozone will take away odors from your clothing/car or whatever you use it on. With that said there are definitely alternatives that are more affordable to help with scent reduction. I have the Scent Crusher car unit and think it's alright. I rarely used it this season. It does what it's supposed to do. But I wasn't winded by one deer (that I know of) this season and I didn't have to soak my clothes in ozone. I kept them clean from odors, washed them when I needed to and sat certain stands based on the wind. Several times I had deer downwind of me and they didn't pick me off. Now with that said, does my results prove that it doesn't work? No, however my personal results proves you don't need it.

18. mhouck06

mhouck06 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

I have definitely been in your corner on this for most of my hunting life... the reason I made the push towards ozone was my out of state hunts. I always tried to not use the hotel washers unless I absolutely had to.. now I do not have to worry about it if I feel my clothing needs "freshened" up.

19. Marauder

Marauder Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    This definitely could be an effective way to remove odors when you are in a jam and out of state. I would agree with that. But I don't really buy the "I recharge my clothes before each hunt" sales pitch.

mhouck06 likes this.
  20. Goosepond Monster

Goosepond Monster Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm mostly concerned with the elastic waist band in my base layer pants.