Guardians of the Timber - Team 11

Discussion in '2017 Deer Contest' started by Marauder, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I’ve killed some great bucks late season. All of them on food or on way to food. I’m same as you Tim. Got 10 day vacay. Probably have 3-5 hunts before season ends. Miracles can happen

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

Westfinger, Blarney22 and Marauder like this.
  2. kjstaudt86

kjstaudt86 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I did some math. If the number 1 team doesn't have any more deer than what they have as of 12/6 and if our remaining team just averages a score of 99 on each of their deer we will be back into the thick of it! Lol... Piece of cake right?:biggrin::lol:

Westfinger, Shocker99 and Blarney22 like this.
  3. Blarney22

Blarney22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have possibly 1 hunt left before season ends. My trail cameras are saying it's not going to happen, 100% night time activity on all deer right now. Hasn't stopped me before

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Westfinger and Shocker99 like this.
  4. Westfinger

Westfinger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the update DC, Good luck when you get out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This year was just not my year guys. Sorry for being dead weight lol. This is the first year in many I haven’t put a little something in the freezer. Not for lack of effort or opportunity. Tried to stick close to my goals of shooting bigger buck and the dang does just flat out avoided me like the plague! Looking back I’m reminded of the old saying “don’t pass on the first day what you wouldn’t on the last”. Overall I still had a great time. Let one arrow fly. Had a blast watching and sharing in you guys harvests. Couldn’t have spent the season with a better bunch. Look forward to keeping in touch w you guys and wish you well on all future endeavors. I have a great plan for some habitat improvement on a couple of my properties that I’m really looking fwd to. This message comes following a report I got from my job that pretty much eliminates my chances at getting out again this year. Oh well bring on the $$$. Happy New Year and good luck guys. P.s. if any of you are in the St. Louis area don’t hesitate to get a hold of me. The fishing boat will be ready for this spring and I have more turkey than deer! God Bless!

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

6. kjstaudt86

Dislikes Received:

I commend you on sticking to your guns. That's a good saying you have there. A lot of my buddies pass bucks early on then take a young deer at the end of the season and almost regret shooting them. It was a pleasure being on your team buddy! Who knows we might be on a team next year! For me on the other hand I was Thrilled to share my two kills with yall. I've never been able to harvest a mature buck with my bow and was able to do so in my 3rd season in and was just glad to be apart of a team which made it feel even more awesome! I felt like we were all brothers during this season! We all had each others back and gave plenty of support along the way. I'll extend the offer if anyone ever makes their way to Texas (Beaumont, port Arthur area which is east of Houston to give me a shout! Id like the group text to continue if that's cool with everyone to stay in touch.

rockinrod12 and Shocker99 like this.
  7. Westfinger

Westfinger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Agree KJ! It was great being on a team with you guys and sharing our adventures. I will definitely be signing up for a team next year.

Shocker99 likes this.
  8. kjstaudt86

Dislikes Received:
    Well now that the season has come and gone, has anyone got to see if their hit lister's made it for next season??

9. Wisconsin Buckwatch

Wisconsin Buckwatch Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I found both sheds of the biggest buck on my family farm! I'll post pictures after work!

kjstaudt86 likes this.
  10. Marauder

Marauder Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The crappy 8 point I let go last year made it and the one my hunting partner wounded made it. Although I only got pics of them in December so a lot can happen between then and now, especially with the winter we've had.

But I also haven't had trail cams out since December. The goal is to deploy them in the bigwoods and let them soak to see what made it through. :tu:

11. kjstaudt86

Dislikes Received:
    I'll be deploying my cams out within the next couple weeks. I have some trophy rocks out right now along with some protein I am feeding. I get my cameras out of there for a little bit to give them a break. I had pictures of the big 9 point from last year in late December so we are hoping he made it! No one killed anything on our lease after first few weeks of November so if the neighboring leases didn't kill him in muzzleloader season he should be back around!