Team 19 The Booner Doomers

Discussion in '2017 Deer Contest' started by beavertronic, Aug 14, 2017.

1. MSBK1

MSBK1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    IMG_8035.JPG IMG_8042.PNG IMG_8043.PNG IMG_8044.PNG IMG_8045.PNG

IMG_8046.PNG All these in last 16 hours so they are there. That's how they get big I guess.

bradn4201 likes this.
  2. pick00l

pick00l Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Team - I hunted the PA rifle season very hard, 0 to show for it. After Christmas, I will balance black powder and the bow/xbow. I have an area I think will hold deer in late season. Tons of signs already so, I won't quit till the final bell!

3. beavertronic

beavertronic Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, I am still hitting it hard too. Plenty of sign, especially with the snow. Just have to be there at the right time.

Sent from my iPad using Bowhunting.com Forums

4. pick00l

pick00l Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats! Great buck. I'm happy you were able to get it done.

5. beavertronic

Dislikes Received:
    Went to check my camera on my lunch break. Only had one picture of snow falling and the low battery light was on even though i just put a fresh 12v on it...and I didnt bring an extra battery. Will have to put a fresh one on tomorrow.

6. bradn4201

bradn4201 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Joe.

7. Joe Bear

Joe Bear Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

Thanks

I'm going to have someone else score him for me but I'm going to guess around 115. We will see how far off I am in the coming days. I've got to process this deer but I'm looking forward to getting back out there. Got 6 Oklahoma tags yet. 2 Bucks, 4 does.

bradn4201 and PinkPony like this.
  8. beavertronic

Dislikes Received:
    Joe is the man! Congrats!

9. PinkPony

PinkPony Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Joe, that's a great buck!

This weekend was last of rifle season (YAY!) - I didn't go out since I already had a doe. Well, I went to go to the store and there were three people standing on my gas well road. I stop - park the car and watch. I was hoping one of them would turn my way. Nope. So I back up - run into the house, grab some orange and run out there. I talk to a girl, who I think I scared, then an older guy came up. He had permission from "xyz" - well, sorry, no. I own the property. Well, he says, I am on the power line, you don't own that. I said, technically no - but I do own the gas road she is standing on - and all the woods that you plan on shooting into (they were starting to do a push). I then ask if they were back here last weekend, they said yeah, I said did you shoot? They said yeah...I said, well you shot towards my house. Oh no, we shot this way (pointing out back). Whatever. I told them the land WILL BE posted next season. His question - well can I hunt here next year?! NO. Simply should have asked this year and maybe I wouldn't have been so rude about it. I told them I have horses and dogs I worry about - noone needs to be shooting around my place. So plan is to post it next year and scout it well to hang a couple bow stands. I know for a fact one nice size buck made it through season....he is out at night in the field. Seems most bucks are nocturnal still (again?).

10. beavertronic

Dislikes Received:
    This makes my blood boil. With five minutes and an internet connection you can find out who owns a property, where the property lines are, and even what they pay in property taxes. Also, make sure you lock those stands and put bear boxes on any trail cams you put out there. Those folks have already shown that they don't want to put in the work themselves so...

11. PinkPony

Dislikes Received:
    I know. I left after my encounter and when I came back they were gone. Sadly, there were shots in my woods (again) when I was doing evening chores - so around 430. I only own 30 acres...but pretty much own the woods on this block (minus a small section in between me and farmer). People are sneaking in because after it being logged about 7 years ago - deer are finally coming back. Or, well, I don't even know if it's sneaking...they may just not realize the property sold four years ago. The people that I spoke to had permission from previous owner.

What site do you use to look up the info? I can find basic property lines (county site) - that we are going off of - but wouldn't mind something a little more precise.

12. beavertronic

Dislikes Received:
    I have never used anything than the county sites here in WI. I even have the county print me a map each time they update the aerial map. A lot of counties even have the measurements for the property lines listed.

I do know that onXmaps also has the information and that is real time GPS data so they can tell whose land you are standing on. Their Premium service is 29.99/yr and that includes one state.

13. MSBK1

MSBK1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That's BS Kristen. Definitely get it posted to the gills and anyone you see on it after that just call the sheriff first and ask questions later.

You should be able to go your county property valuation office and they have maps that show property lines with owner name. You might also ask friends that hunt PA if they have OnX for PA. They could pull it up for you and snap a picture and text it to you. I'd recommend you get OnX though. The $29 won't seem like much after it comes in handy a few times. I use it constantly.

14. TKP030

TKP030 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I’d definitely post it we do all of our just to avoid the randoms swinging on through. We used to have our share of them with an air base 25 miles away, but now with the licenses be about cut in half we don’t really see anyone but neighbors which is nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

15. PinkPony

Dislikes Received:
    I do have a property map with property lines and owners. County brought that into the borough office a couple years ago. It's nice - but I like the idea of a GPS telling me exactly (instead of us saying "this should be it")...that'd be great for posting! Thank you! $29 a year isn't bad at all!

16. MSBK1

MSBK1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Actually before you go get OnX you should try to get the free trial and then check to see if the property even shows in your name yet. The downside of OnX is that it isn't a reflection of current property records but rather a snapshot from the records at some point in the past. If that snapshot for your area happens to have been done before you bought the land then it will still show the previous owners name. So while it is still useful for your posting purposes and you can certainly prove that you own the land it wouldn't be ideal in your case for you to show the invader a property line map that still shows the previous owners name.

17. PinkPony

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for that tip!!

18. bowhunt4abuck

bowhunt4abuck Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    This is good advice. I got onX for the first time this year and the first thing I did was go look and see if it showed my name on my new piece. Not yet, I’ll be watching though lol onX definitely rocks for many things.

bradn4201 likes this.
  19. bradn4201

bradn4201 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I passed on a young 8 but just laid the hammer down on a doe. I heard her crash in the leaves just over the hill. Gonna sit until dark bc I don't get much time out and deer are moving . Will post pics on the board as soon as possible.

20. bowhunt4abuck

bowhunt4abuck Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome good luck on a easy recovery

bradn4201 likes this.