Team 7 Thread - Bucknificent Seven

Discussion in '2017 Deer Contest' started by No.6Hunter, Aug 14, 2017.

1. BB4tw

BB4tw Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Go get him!!

2. sgcableguy

sgcableguy Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    A belated Happy Thanksgiving to all. I hope to be out on Saturday!

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

3. MIHOYT89

MIHOYT89 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG] here is my late season target. This will be my third late season chasing this joker. I missed him 2 years ago, encountered him at 100 yards last year and am really hoping to seal the deal this year. He is with a 4.5 or 5.5 year old deer this year. Not the highest scoring deer but he is old and wide. I'm guessing 21-22 IS. Good luck to everyone that is still out hunting!

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

4. MIHOYT89

MIHOYT89 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My late season is planned! These deer have been my my number 1 and 2 for the past two years and I have been watching them since 2015. I've got a solid month and all the food that deer could want when it gets cold. Either one will get an arrow if given the chance! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I hope all is going well and everyone had a great thanksgiving! Happy hunting and good luck to everyone!

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

5. Dashua18

Dashua18 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Day one of my 4 day hunt resulted in not a single deer seen or heard. Today started off promising when a doe came in at first light but I got busted drawing back. Didn't think she could see me but guess I was wrong. Haven't had any action today since but still got 5 good hours left until dark.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

6. No.6Hunter

No.6Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Went out yesterday for first time since firearm season opened and had a very eventful morning. I ended up seeing around 35 deer which is a pb for me while in the stand. I had my .450 Bushmaster with me and could have shot a number of different deer but they were all too small or not giving me an opportunity. For my first time ever I also passed on a 120"+ 8 point, had him at 40 yards twice and in my crosshairs but he just didn't look mature enough, hopefully that was the right move and he returns next year. Archery starts up again this weekend!

7. BB4tw

BB4tw Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I was out on Saturday afternoon. Didn't see anything until I was climbing down from my stand. Then I saw 3 tails heading for the horizon. Should have stayed put for 5 more minutes.

8. Hunter Bob

Hunter Bob Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Haven't seen anything my last handful of times out. Also haven't had any deer on trail cam for two weeks. I am hoping to scout out a part of the place I hunt that I haven't been able to get to yet, as it entails a river crossing and walk through a swamp. Pretty sure it doesn't get hunted and hoping that is where the deer are

9. Hunter Bob

Dislikes Received:
    Haven't seen anything my last handful of times out. Also haven't had any deer on trail cam for two weeks. I am hoping to scout out a part of the place I hunt that I haven't been able to get to yet, as it entails a river crossing and walk through a swamp. Pretty sure it doesn't get hunted and hoping that is where the deer are

10. BB4tw

BB4tw Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Anybody still hitting it hard?

I'm not hitting it hard but still going after it. Heading out for a sundown sit here in a few minutes.

I've got one month left on my archery tag. Then I'll probably switch over to a rifle for the late season antlerless season in January.

Plans are subject to change without notice...

11. Dashua18

Dashua18 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've been out all day today. Saw 3 doe and a buck but didn't give me a shot. I'm hoping something steps out tonight.

12. No.6Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have until the end of January this year to get it done. Hoping to go back out chasing bucks in a week or so, too hot right now for activity.

13. Hunter Bob

Dislikes Received:
    Me too. I need meat for my freezer but have until the end of January. Hoping to get out a few times between Christmas and New year

14. joshcalhoun18

joshcalhoun18 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys I just thought i should check in with y'all since I haven't recently. I'm still in school so I'm having to work around that. I have went out about 15 times this year in total and have seen nothing but small bucks and does. I'm planning on hunting pretty much everyday from now until Christmas so I went and scouted last night and this is what showed up. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

15. Hunter Bob

Dislikes Received:
    Sweet, hope you get a chance to get him! I am jealous as I have used up all my vacation time and am now limited to weekend hunts. Keep us updated!

16. Dashua18

Dashua18 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I was actually able to fling an arrow today but unfortunately, I hit a limb and it sailed just over a doe. I checked my arrow and it had hair all over the broadheads but no blood. That's been my luck this year.

17. Hunter Bob

Dislikes Received:
    Bummer! That is exactly how my season started and it hasn't been any better since. Hope you get another chance down the road. How is the house?

18. BB4tw

BB4tw Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Nothing too exciting happening for me. I've seen deer two out of the last three outings but no shot opportunities

Sent from my XT1030 using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

19. Hunter Bob

Dislikes Received:
    Man, this is the year of humility for me. Had a 35 yd shot on a doe and she ducked it yesterday. That makes four shots I have taken this year with nothing other than a few hairs on a couple of arrows to show for it.

20. No.6Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    I went out this past Saturday hoping the snow would have them moving and it didn't disappoint. I ended up seeing 13 doe during my morning sit but nothing gave me an oppurtunity. Not sure I am going to make it back out to hunt or not before the year ends.

Tags: