New from northern Virginia

Discussion in 'Introductions - New User Forum' started by brewwwski_, Dec 5, 2017.

1. brewwwski_

brewwwski_ Newb

Dislikes Received:
    What’s going on guys?? 3rd year bow hunting. Marine veteran, needed something to fill the void when I got out and bowhunting was the fix. Completely obsessed now. Been giving Quantico a try this year and have been figuring it out little by little. Anybody with some tips or looking for a hunting partner and in the area let me know!

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

danny1977 likes this.
  2. Captn Kirk

Captn Kirk Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome from Fredericksburg I have signed up for Quantico but never hunted the base. Send me a Pm

3. VaDeerHunter

VaDeerHunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Have you tried Ft Belvoir & Ft AP Hill? Also check out outdoor access. It's an online hunt club with almost 300 properties in VA & NC. There are a few archery clubs locally as well, Ft Belvoir & Isaac Walton League in Manassas to name a couple. And check out Hoffmans Archery in Warrenton if you haven't already.

4. brewwwski_

brewwwski_ Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Will do bud. Lots of areas to scout for next year once the season is over. Would love to have someone that would like to help cover some ground with me.

5. brewwwski_

brewwwski_ Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I will definitely look into those. Especially outdoor access. Quantico is just a bit easier for me to get to, living in the Bristow area and working 2-10pm, I get out in the am before work a few times a week. Definitely seen a few shooters there and good sign but couldn’t close the deal before gun season started there. My buddy works at Hoffman’s and does a great job. Have you checked out shooters in Fredericksburg? Family owned shop with 3 archery ranges including 3D. The owner is super knowledgeable

6. VaDeerHunter

VaDeerHunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I live in Haymarket so we are practically neighbors! I've heard about shooters but Hoffmans is right down the street. Outdoor access is unique, cost a hundred bucks to join and each property has a daily fee of usually 20-40 bucks. If you hunt every day it can get expensive but if you have other places then it's not too bad. They have several farms in Prince William and Fauquier counties close to us.

7. Frankiecruzer

Frankiecruzer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Semper,

Take the IBep course and hunt belvoir. U have to qual, but it's worth it.
    https://ftbelvoir.isportsman.net

I'm pcsing in a few months let me know if you need help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. danny1977

danny1977 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Look into hunting the parks in fairfax. You have to get drawn but it’s a great program