Autumn Rising--TEAM 25

Discussion in '2017 Deer Contest' started by patmcm129, Aug 14, 2017.

1. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, once we gain back three of our spots from landowners hunting firearms we will check cams, quick scout while doing so and then let things soak for a week or week and a half to see if daytime activity is or is not occurring. Sounds like the one farm the landowner didn't let a guy we cannot stand hunt this year which is great! Dude literally will sit for first 30 mins of legal time than proceeds to walk the ENTIRE property, not still hunting walking LOL. Always shuts down all bedding usage on the place, but if he didn't go trouncing around up through there that is GREAT for us come late bowseason and muzzleloader.

Speaking of Muzzleloader I've got some bad news fellas. I'm typically 100% all bow kinda guy, I use it through all seasons as IN bow never closes....however, I've decided I will be dusting the ML off and making sure still zero'd for the simple fact I would not forgive myself if Bertier limped out some night and the only reason I couldn't shoot is due to not having a ML. So apologies beforehand I may drop him but it won't count for us LOL....depending on the stand I may take both weapons as I much prefer bow (still have never harvested a buck with a gun myself...which is crazy odd thinking about that).

2. MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Ty, you do what is best for you.

NO APOLOGIES needed

Go kill him!!!!!!!

I want PICs thou

3. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Oh no apologies, just bad news for the contest. I've never even had an inkling to pick up a gun for a buck until this year....if he weren't hobbling along on 3 legs I'd probably not even think of it. However, while I know he could live 2, 3 or even 5 years longer without it...I don't foresee longterm survival as likely so really wanna get him down by me and not a coyote (or pack of em).

Besides...kinda curious to see how it feels with a gun. Like I said, never have tagged a buck with a gun...plenty of does over the years but never a buck. Be curious to see if as I suspect I won't enjoy it as much or if that is all in my head...

4. Bone Head Hunter

Bone Head Hunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry TY-- Tried to send these in a conversation...

Thought I'd share some pics of some of my ole buddies success this year from the hunting lease I used to be part of.

Andy.jpg Cody.jpg Glendon.jpg Jon.jpg Randall.jpg

bry2211 and Oldcarp like this.
  5. MUDSHARK

Dislikes Received:
    Understood, kill him and post some pics, ik you will

6. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
  7. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Wind is right for a stand tonight...but fellas for some dumb and odd reason I just don't have the desire to go. I think the extremely limited number of bucks (next to zero) for us moving this year AND the fact gun season has them bottled tighter just leaves me something to desire about going.

Gonna take the night off....do some yard work around the house and consider if I want to slide in tomorrow somewhere. Not discouraged...more like fatigued I guess.

8. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Well fellas hunted the food for second time ever at the new 22 I bought last year....deer were up the second I got up the tree...13 seperate does (3 different groups) total but ZERO bucks. Took the gun for Bertier but no show.

I won't be out again until Monday or Wednesday. HUGE cold snap hitting, brassicas should explode!

9. Bone Head Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    Took the wife to the lease last night for her first gun hunt of the year. We ended up taking these 2 slick heads right at dark! It was a very long night getting them out.

Does1222017.jpg

bry2211, MUDSHARK and tynimiller like this.
  10. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Well one of the sure fire late season plots we put in at a property we won't even get to hunt. Landowner has always firearm hunted which is fine but there is another tool he lets on that does nothing and never even asks landowner each year if still okay to hunt just shows up firearm opener.

Well apparently this bozo is going to muzzleloader hunt , which means from Saturday through Christmas Eve we aren't going to be able to hunt the 3/4 acre plot of brassicas we put in. We even run cams for the landowner, get him a gift every year and do whatever else he needs....this idiot does nothing.

Not a happy guy this morning. Told Pops next year if we do a plot it is not going to include ANY brassicas. May go heavy on cereal grains and throw soybeans on heavy so we have 3-4 week old beans there in early October.

11. Bone Head Hunter

Dislikes Received:

That stinks Ty.

The eb and flow of permission hunting always seems to have its draw backs.

12. Galen

Galen Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on the deer Bone Head!
    Love seeing everyones updates and highlights from the season!

13. MUDSHARK

Dislikes Received:
    Sucks.

You can't reason with property owner

14. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Yes, yes it does. Wasted a bunch of time, money and sweat putting that plot in where we'd never had one previously....at least we know now that in future ignore late season food there.

15. Galen

Galen Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I managed to get out make another coyote stand, I like helping out the deer herd when I can!!
    COYOTE.jpg

16. MUDSHARK

Dislikes Received:
    nice yote galen, awesome year for you

17. MUDSHARK

Dislikes Received:
    Now the slow time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

or very little posting

18. Bone Head Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah.. not much going on for me. I do plan on getting out this weekend maybe for an evening hunt on a crop field, but will be carrying my smoke pole.

Buck hunting only so not high expectations this time of year after all the pressure from the gun season.

19. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Definitely slows down...I am as well most likely carrying smoke pole if I hit food sources....now I have a stand or two where I'll still carry my bow though as shots are 40 yards or closer typically.

20. MUDSHARK

Dislikes Received:
    2nd archery / Muzzleloader season starts December 26th I'll be out with my bow