New bow hunter

Discussion in 'Introductions - New User Forum' started by Josh Brandon, Sep 29, 2017.

1. Josh Brandon

Josh Brandon Newb

Dislikes Received:
    hello everyone. :bow:I’m a new bow hunter from Ardmore Oklahoma. I purchased a left handed mathews halon 32 60 pound draw with 27 draw length. What’s a good arrow and Broadhead to use? I’m looking at Easton arrows, and I’m still unsure on what Broadhead to use.

2. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Arrow kind is preference but stiffness is key. Look through some posts on here and you can fine lots of programs showing different combinations of weight stiffness and length. Plus at least 3 on going arguments on mech vs fixed. I won't give my two cents but guide you in a direction to make your own call.

3. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Oh.... And Welcome!

4. Jeffrey J Eberhardt

Jeffrey J Eberhardt Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Like fix said it's all preference. Does not matter arrow brand. Braodheads. They all kill if you aim right.

5. triebs58

triebs58 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome I use the Easton flatline they have work for me and the swhacker broad heads 100 grain work for me also but in the head it's all what u think just buy a few different broad heads and see what works for you every broad head will kill a deer it's shot place that makes a difference

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

6. Josh Brandon

Josh Brandon Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks everyone! :bow:I purchased Easton 6mm FMJ arrows and some muzzy 100 grain 3 Blade Trocar Broadheads.

7. 802bowlife

802bowlife Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    great choices. its definitely a preference thing for people, take in their opinions but then go and make your own choice, there really isn't a wrong answer to some questions people ask as long as it is legal and holds the KE you need to help make an ethical/deadly shot on your animal. practice practice practice and the best of luck to you in your pursuit!