Summer Scouting Do's and Don'ts

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Sound Barrier, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Sound Barrier

Sound Barrier Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sawyer24 likes this.
  2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I must be doing something wrong, I take a walk pretty much every day with the dogs near the area where I will shoot a buck this year. I take a 60" deck mower thru the area several times a year, heck I leave scent all over the place.

Swamp Stalker likes this.
  3. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  4. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Are those reeboks you wearing in that meme swamp?:biggrin:

5. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Swamp, that video kills me every time. What self respecting man would be caught dead acting like that?

6. Dogfish

Dogfish Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Those 3 yoyo's....

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

virginiashadow likes this.
  7. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I couldn't agree more!

8. Sound Barrier

Dislikes Received:

9. Swamp Stalker

Dislikes Received:
    Maybe I'll start my own blog and then promote it to a hunting forum that I hardly participate in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. FlickinSticks

FlickinSticks Newb

Dislikes Received:
    DO glass from your truck on a road?? Most good hunting locations are not seen from any road otherwise they wouldn't be any good. I stopped reading right there....

11. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I find in my area, summer scouting don't mean squat!!
    Once the bucks I see all summer she'd velvet, they could be miles away next week

12. FlickinSticks

FlickinSticks Newb

Dislikes Received:
    ^^ this exactly and a lot of the bucks we see during our late season are migratory from the high country and are nowhere near here during the hot summer months

13. Sound Barrier

Dislikes Received:
    Nothing is stopping anyone from starting a blog other than the effort, determination, and courage to do it. Nothing wrong with sharing a blog, idea, etc. for respectful discussion among hunters, which is part of what a forum is about. At what level must someone "participate" to be ok to post a thread, and where is this rule? At what level is it ok to insinuate someone else's post is "gay," as you did? The only reason one would bash, not disagree, but disrespectfully bash a post/comment/person, etc, is there own lack courage, insecurity/lack of ability to thoughtfully/knowledgeably reply, prideful elitist attitude with no basis, or immaturity. So, I look forward to seeing your blog!

14. FlickinSticks

FlickinSticks Newb

Dislikes Received:
    No bashing intended on my part. Just a lack of applicability to the land I hunt my apologies if it came across offensively

15. Swamp Stalker

Dislikes Received:

Disclaimer, I am not the forum police or a moderator, just a loyal follower/contributor to this forum and the products they endorse.

Let's break your response down sentence by sentence.

"Nothing is stopping anyone from starting a blog other than the effort, determination, and courage to do it."

You are exactly right. However, in your case looking for free advertising on another companies forum is not called "courage". It is called a lack of "effort" on your part as the "CEO" of a business. "Determination" would be you as the CEO reaching out to your targeted audience without attempting to steal them from someone else's hard work.

Nothing wrong with sharing a blog, idea, etc. for respectful discussion among hunters, which is part of what a forum is about.

A forum is a place to share ideas, true! However, I strongly disagree that it is proper business etiquette to go on another company's forum with your hidden marketing agenda. I LOVE talking hunting, that is why I am here! I would be more than happy to discuss the topic without a link to your companies website. Free advertising for your company is not what a forum is all about.

At what level must someone "participate" to be ok to post a thread, and where is this rule?

Participating is encouraged from the moment you become a member. If you choose to promote your product or put a link to your blog, Here is the link to the spot on this forum to do so:

https://forums.bowhunting.com/forums/manufacturers-press-and-pro-staff.23/

At what level is it ok to insinuate someone else's post is "gay," as you did?

As soon as you threw the link into your post, you became "gay" :dan:
    Maybe share your success over the years with us first. Anyone can start a blog and claim to be a hunter with superior knowledge.

The only reason one would bash, not disagree, but disrespectfully bash a post/comment/person, etc, is there own lack courage, insecurity/lack of ability to thoughtfully/knowledgeably reply, prideful elitist attitude with no basis, or immaturity.

Holy run-on sentence Batman!

I did "disrespectfully bash" you, because I felt that you disrespected everyone on this forum. I believe that as a regular participating member of this forum for the past 4 years, I have every right to call you out on your shameless business plug. Sack up and pay for advertising just like Bowhunting.com did. Go to hunting conventions and promote your product there. I truly understand how hard it is to start a business from the ground up. (I ran/owned a paintball field from the ground-up in 2004.) The struggle is real! I respect your courage, effort, and determination you have put forth to make your company what it is today.

I am very courageous. I'm not afraid to speak out against crap like this.

"Lack of ability to thoughtfully/knowledgeably reply"

Dude....You are the one with not enough knowledge in marketing and advertising, and I called you out on it.

"Prideful elitist attitude with no basis or immaturity"

I think that I have cleared up my basis by now. You are correct in regards to me being a bowhunting.com elitist! Damn proud of it too!
    I think you meant to say that I was immature, but proper english has escaped you here. I'll pretend like that didn't happen.
    I am immature in most of my posts. However I can get away with that here, because the core members on this forum are a very close knit group. we truly have each others backs. Bowhunting.com is not just another internet forum. This forum has true friendship and kinship in the real world. In desperate times of need, when one might go through the hardest times in life, the people of this forum are there for each other not just electronically, but in person as well. I consider members of this forum my brothers in hunting and in life.

Try posting a thread without your link, and I'm sure you will get a different response.

Smitty0220 likes this.
  16. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received: